All member reviews for Black Beauty

Teen, 15 years old Written byEmmaLu April 15, 2011

It is a very sad movie,but good at the same time. It upset me a little and I am 15. I had seen it before,but it had been a while. :(
Adult Written bychrissmommy April 9, 2008

A Wonderful Movie

I was actually pleasantly surprised when I saw this movie. I thought Beauty's voice over really made the movie personal. It was heartwarming and ,at times, funny. My four year old enjoyed it, fortunately he was too young to understand about Ginger's death and the animal abuse. I have already recommened this movie to other family members. You won't regret seeing this film!
Parent Written bygabedababe May 17, 2012

for kids who like horses

Teen, 15 years old Written byperrisg November 14, 2014

if you love horses

If you love horses as much as I did then you will cry and I am 15 years old it is just truly a great movie and is best watched on a snowy or supper cold and windy day
Adult Written byawesomness December 6, 2010

Awesomeness

You have to be old enough to under stand it and when you do you realize what a beautiful trhing it is.
Teen, 13 years old Written bytangled August 24, 2010

This isn't exactly a review but-

The first scene shows Black Beauty's (ill just call him "BB") mother giving birth to BB. Older children may be OK with this, but this scene is sorta graphic and it grossed me and my brother out (I was 11 and he was 3-I think-_-) I know its a "miracle of life" but I know parents who didn't like their kids watching this scene.
Adult Written byTheChallenger August 20, 2013

Just because a movie is 'G' does not mean its for kids

Is the book for kids? No. Is this 'G' rated film adaptation for kids? No but I've been watching this since I was four years old and have never been upset by it but what goes for me might not go for a lot of other people. This is a story about animal cruelty, both book and film show it in all of it's viciousness. Best of all it's told from the horse's point of view so we know how they feel about their treatment, these aren't unfeeling things but living creatures that should be treated kindly. Black Beauty goes through good and bad treatment and knows that good and bad people are everywhere. This is something that should be shown to kids when they are entering there teens not when they are young small things with little understanding of the world. That goes for the book as well since neither are for children. This is a masterpiece that everyone will love.
Kid, 12 years old December 2, 2012

Heart-whrenching!

i never cried when i watched Ginger die when i was little. when i was little i talked the hell out of Ginger and then my big sister said, "Ginger died." my mom said the same thing (echoalia) I didn't cry when they told that but, i stopped and i was like, "What?" I finally watched that part and i told my big sister, "I SAW THE PART WHERE GINGER DIED! DO YOU WANT TO COME LOOK?!" again, i didn't cry. but, overall it is so sad it would make me cry now.
Teen, 16 years old Written byGreenMaple January 22, 2012

Beautiful but sad

A beautiful and memorable story. I absolutely love animals, but also always been a sensitive kid and this movie was just too sad with the mistreatment of the horses and sad events. I wouldn't recommend it to an especially sensitive person, though it is a great piece.
Parent of a 7 year old Written bymoovie January 19, 2012

Think Twice

Decent movie. Although it really upset our seven (almost eight) year old boy quite a lot. If you have a sensitive child, I would think twice about showing this to them. The animal/emotional connection might be a little too intense.
Kid, 9 years old June 11, 2010

it was awsome i love horses
Adult Written bynicoledc June 20, 2009

This really upset my sensitive 7 year old. She cried several times, even when the movie ended "happily" - Ginger dying and the mistreatment of the horses really affected her. She wanted to give the movie away after seeing it.