All member reviews for Blade Runner

A dark, philosophical sci-fi drama for older teens.

Teen, 15 years old Written byPauletteWilde September 30, 2015
Teen, 14 years old Written bymad about tv July 31, 2015

Dystopian masterpiece is very violent

There is very little sex, language and drugs in this film, with the exception of some brief nudity (a woman is seen topless). However the violence whilst not constant is very bloody and grisly in some places apart from this blade runner is suitable for 12 year olds.
Kid, 12 years old July 11, 2015

director's cut is all im aloud to see

dad said that this would be inappropriate but he let me see the directors cut which was great
Teen, 15 years old Written byMavrah333 May 29, 2015

The right ideas are used well, but this dystopian tale seems unsure of itself (2007 final cut, re-review)

OK, I didn't much like this first time, giving it two stars, largely for the slow pace and that I was expecting a very different film. However, Blade Runner is, at its heart, an original and thought provoking take on dystopia. Scott has created a beautiful painting of 2019, with breath taking visuals and a good soundtrack. It has initiative, with interesting ideas put forward, such as slave androids and the values of life. What its main flaw is the pace. Its far too slow to get any where near the 5 star rating, and many events are unexplained and confusing. This is not for the casual movie goer. Instead, this should be reserved for dystopia fans, fans of Stanley Kubrick or Ridley Scott, or Harrison Ford fans. You won't enjoy it if you want a 'fun' two hours. Only if you want to see a work of art.
Adult Written bylouisa1 February 10, 2015

amazing sci fi movie!

this is an amazing movie! but there are some iffy moments that parents should consider looking at there is a ton of violence, drinking, drugs, and there is one scene where we see a womens breasts, again there is a lot of guns and violence plus scenes that may too violent or uncorfatable for young viewers, plus it does have a very complicated plot that younger viewers may not understand. with all that said this an amazing movie that i would definatly recommend
Teen, 14 years old Written bykyleReeselives November 20, 2014

Almost as good as alien

The protagonist blindly does his job throughout most of the movie, but he soon learns of the wrong that he has done. The main enemy turns from a murderer to one who cares for others. However, most of the enemies are cold-blooded killers. The protagonist does kill but only because he's being forced to. Overall, most people decide to change their ways, MOST
Parent Written byDuncanDerund August 30, 2014

Movie

Should be PG-13 for scenes of action violence including weapons and some langage and sexuality and mild drinking.Great Sci-Fi movie.
Kid, 12 years old May 9, 2014

One word... CONFUSING.

From what I got to see from the Director's Cut of this film, it envisions a 2019 bleak LA future that is about a "blade runner" Rick Deckard (Harrison Ford, best known as Indiana Jones, Han Solo or the grumpy old man roles he plays these days), who is a robot assassin. But he feels compassion for one. Now, I know the "NOT FOR KIDS" thing may seem an overstatement... if your kid wants to be confused in a maze of spectacular cinematography and forget to focus too much on this thing... go right ahead with teenagers and up. As for violence, I remember seeing a man get shot twice and his chair flying through walls at close-up gunpoint; no blood though, and in a famous (or infamous) change-room scene, you get to see a stripper's bare breasts. Language was PG-13, as in "*sshole" and stuff. But there was a steamy love scene with no nudity. That's all I'd got to see. Also, Harrison Ford smokes and drinks, and there's the infamous "Blade Runner curse" in real life --- who's ever heard of "New Coke"? This film made any brand in it defunct. Just a little bit of trivia. Anyway, thankyou for reading.
Kid, 12 years old April 20, 2014

Great, great movie with beautiful scenes and great plot.

This movie is interesting, because it makes you feel like the futuristic world is real. There is a lot of violence, and can be a bit bloody. There was one scene that I think was one of the best scenes in the history of films. The entire Tears in Rain speech was just wonderful. One of my favorite movies of all time, I highly recomend it,
Teen, 15 years old Written byFILMCRITIC500 November 11, 2013

dark sci-fi film explores complicated ideas, with some violence

A stark, dark, and moving sci-fi film, this Ridley Scott movie is a truly awesome spectacle. with beautiful visuals, gripping acting, and an intricate storyline, all sci-fi fans will have a good time. but some of the content may be too much for younger kids. the movie's violence is very mild. robots are shot, sometime showing blood spurt. a robot has his head blown open, a human gets his eyes gouged out (blood is seen), a robot breaks a man's finger (with cracking sounds), and later runs a nail into his hand. there is brief nudity, one use of f**ker, and lots of smoking.
Kid, 12 years old March 7, 2013

A Movie I'll See When I'm Older

I'm a huge fan of sci-fi, but I'm going to wait until I'm older to see this.
Teen, 16 years old Written byEnclave February 15, 2013

Absolutely Brilliant - Nothing More to Describe

I've seen many high quality, high-budget science fiction films and none of them stick in my mind as much as Blade Runner. The film in virtually all aspects is the very definition of perfect filmography and should serve as a benchmark for all present-day sci-fi films.
Parent of a 3, 7, 9, 14, 16, and 17 year old Written bygreatperson November 20, 2012

Interesting sci-fi film.

Adult Written bythebeatlesrule July 16, 2012

Harrison Ford did a great job as Blade Runner in this movie.

The movie has lots of sci-fi action along with breif partial nudity. Not a kid's movie.
Adult Written bywatchfearfacter343 July 11, 2012

1982 movie is really good.

The movie has extreme violence along with obscenties (godd--n, s--t, p---k, and a--hole). It also shows characters smoking a lot and has sexual inneudo. A 16 year old that has been exposed to other violent sci fi movies (Robocop, Predator, Alien, Terminator, The Matrix) might be able to handle it, but if your kid couldn't handle Avatar than the movie is not for them.
Teen, 13 years old Written byhowrselover June 11, 2012

Thumbs up if you're into that kind of stuff

Blade runner is a good, satisfying sci-fi drama. Just not really my thing.
Teen, 13 years old Written byFilmFanJ June 7, 2012

Blade Runner Review

Teen, 17 years old Written bydavyborn November 10, 2011

Hypnotic and seminal dystopian pic is too intense for kids

Blade Runner is another classic Ridley Scott movie, which he directed right after he was hot off of Alien, another very good, and for him, another very successful sci-fi movie. Only this time, he wasn't trying to make so much of a horror movie, as more of a dark, hypnotic kind of movie. But, of course, audiences at the time just didn't get what the big deal was about it, so it was quickly dismissed by critics and flopped at the box office. Unfortunate, because this is, even visually, a masterpiece. It offers a new perspective on the dystopian sci-fi concept of the future, much like the way most of us no it, and than completely turns it on it's head. But, of course, none of this sounds like great fodder for a kids movie, which it most certainly isn't: The violence is very infrequent, but very bloody and brutal, there is very infrequent profanity but does feature words like sh-t, d-mn and f--k. Also, there is brief nudity of a topless dancer, which the camera lingers on for a while, most notably her bare breasts. So, even if you haven't read the book, everyone should still be able to get there own thing out of it.
Kid, 11 years old October 31, 2011

Good!

Classic sci-fi!
Teen, 14 years old Written byKiki Long. July 19, 2010

Brilliant.

This film, from a deeply philosophical person, was beautiful, truly wonderful. It was questioning but not too soppy. It was a bit violent but not too bad although an android is shot and her body graphically convulsive and towards the end the head replicant causes himself harm to prove to himself that he is still alive. I put a good role model as towards the end Roy Batty shows remorse and gives the most hardfelt speech and saves the protaganist, then he releases a dove. YOU MUST WATCH THE DIRECTORS CUT as the original has the most evil and rediculous voice over that the makers put on fearing the americans may not understand the plot which was stupid as americans, I have found, are rather intelligent - they have NASA for pete's sake. All in all its a pretty awesome film.