All member reviews for Blade

Boring vampire blood bath isn't for kids.

NOT FOR KIDS

Learning(i)

Adult Written by4Spice June 15, 2010

good killing movie

the first blade is my favorite one lots of intense violence 16 and over
Teen, 16 years old Written byraeedthunder February 22, 2011

Kid, 11 years old July 14, 2009

Violent and bloody, tweens and up.

This movie includes lots of gore, and is literally the definition of violent. There is also some sexual vampire scenes.
Teen, 16 years old Written byAvengingSon98 October 15, 2014

Teen, 17 years old Written byBunnyNostrils April 7, 2014

Fairly Good

Violence: 8/10 Language: 7/10 Sex: 4/10 Disturbing: 6/10 A fair amount of graphic comic book violence, can be very bloody
Teen, 17 years old Written byBestPicture1996 April 7, 2013

Bloody and campy...a wonderful mix!

"Blade" is for older teens who can sit back and enjoy its mindless action and Snipes' laughable delivery of lines, but that's what makes it so entertaining. The movie is over the top bloody and serves up beating after beating of vampires. What more could you need!?
Kid, 11 years old December 8, 2012

for kids 11 and up

great film not scary and the hero wins
Parent of a 6 year old Written bymadsmooney1214 November 3, 2012

blade

Families can talk about violence, greed, and the need for absolute power. Why are some people not content to let others lead? Why is the character who needs absolute power so prevalent in film and literature? What separates Blade from the vampires? Why does the audience revel in someone who seeks to solve all his problems with violence?
Adult Written bydarthsitkur October 14, 2012

crazy opening and crazy finale

the beginning and the ending are freakin awesome, I'm gonna watch the rest of it sometime
Adult Written bylemonlover July 19, 2012

Very intense and gory.

Lots of blood and gore; strong language. Not for kids.
Teen, 16 years old Written byLucas Couldron May 28, 2012

Bad movie.

I watched this movie and I got bored.There's HARDLY any color and the voice acting is beyond medicore.
Adult Written byDr. Zaius February 17, 2012

Fast Paced Vampire Flick With Too Many F Bombs.

Very violent, bloody and gory which is to be expected from a vampire movie based on a comic book. Very liberal use of the F word when it is totally unnecessary. Special effects are very good and the fight scenes are well choreographed. It's a comic book come to life and a quality production but knowing kids would be drawn to the Marvel name they should have toned down the language.
Teen, 14 years old Written byilovecookiez April 6, 2011

Gross.

I didn't see much of this, but the parts I did see, were disturbing. Luckily it was on cable so they took out the rated R stuff, but there was still lots and lots of blood. Realistic blood. D:
Adult Written byCastellanos July 17, 2009

Entertaining Blood-Fest Satisfies

I have to admit, Blade is one of my guilty pleasures. I found the film to be very entertaining. Note that this movie is non-stop bloody violence and constant swearing, so whether or not you like this film, all depends on your taste. Parents should know that this a very violent and bloody movie. In the first scene, a man is lead by his girlfriend to a club, where it turns out that everyone there's a vampire. The DJ turns on the sprinklers, which drench everyone in blood. Then, Blade shows up and tears apart the vampires in a huge bloody mess. you get the idea, this movie is a very violent, hard "R", that easily offended kids will be disturbed by. There are countless vampire deaths, where once they die, they turn into bones and disintegrate. One vampire has his canine teeth removed as a act of humiliation and then disintegrates in front of the sunrise. three other vampires burst into chunks of blood and flesh and one morbidly obese vampire is incinerated. A mother dies in childbirth, but is brought back as a vampire. A main character commits suicide to prevent himself from turning into a vampire and Blade is forced to kill his mother. There are a boatload of F-words and other profanities and some partial nudity.
Teen, 13 years old Written bykayvan_922 April 4, 2009

Kid, 11 years old January 8, 2009

Best movie ever

This movies age rating is not for kids but it depends on parents opinions everyone has different things and limits for there kids. I got the hole blade series for christmas and I loved it and I am only eleven so still it all depends on restrictions.
Adult Written byChris LP December 20, 2008

MARVEL's first superhero movie is a smash-hit

Teen, 17 years old Written byCSM Screen Name... April 9, 2008

Intense and interesting.

Intense, fun, but very gory. Language is a problem. Very interesting if you can get past the bumps in it. best viewed by adults and mature teens only!