All member reviews for Blood and Chocolate

Young, beautiful werewolves battle in Bucharest.

Adult Written bycortright5 April 9, 2008

Very stylish

Good young beautiful werewolf coming of age film. Human young man meets werewolf fall in love (sexual scenes abound) and then the conflicts begin. It runs along the same lines as Underworld except it misses some of the intensity. The story is a little to clean, however there is plenty of blood and gore to go around. A caution for the under 16 age bracket. Know your kid.
Kid, 7 years old April 9, 2008

(I must -read a book every 8 years.)

Adult Written bygogooo7 April 9, 2008
Parent of a 8 and 8 year old Written byDad4life March 20, 2009

Werewolves with a twist

As I've said in past review's I like horror movies. Blood and chocolate was a very interesting movie to watch. Not the typical werewolf movie where the creature looks demonic, but they in fact look like the beautiful wolves that you would see out in nature even the special effectstransformation from human to wolf is beautiful to see. The whole secret society living among humans has been done, but what I enjoyed was that the heroine is a werewolf and the love interest is male. Usually it's the other way around and the girl is the helpless victim in a world of fantasy creatures and monsters. Of course in all movies there are antogonists in this case it is the pack leader and his son. The pack leader like any alpha male in a pack wants to mate with the best and prettiest female who in this case happens to be our heroine. You can see how this could pose a problem for our non-powered very human hero who just happens to fall in love with her and stumbles into a world of supernatural, secrets and Fangs. Due to the sexual implications adn violence (getting stabbed with silver knives) I would have given the movie a rating of R.
Kid, 12 years old January 9, 2009

it was ok

this movie is a werwolf movie so action, vilonce, and no sex.
Adult Written bysunni47 April 9, 2008
Teen, 13 years old Written byBossychick April 9, 2008
Adult Written bynoelcat April 9, 2008

A must see movie for adults!

Kids should not watch this movie! Only Smart Mature Adults!
Adult Written byXreaperX April 9, 2008
Adult Written bywonder dove November 3, 2012

Not bad.

This movie isn't bad at all, but it is not great. I like Agnes Bruckner, her role was good and she is a terrific actress. Very likable in this! However, the story isn't very interesting, it seems a little dumb sometimes. I do enjoy the wolves though which makes the film watchable. It's very similar to any vampire movie but wolf themed instead of vampires. Not much action, I think I've only been able to watch it about three times out of the 5 years I've owned it, but I know others who really enjoy it. There is a bit of gore, lots of violence between wolves and people and some brief sexual content and innuendo (dancing, lyrics and clothing), a few kisses. Safe for mature 14 year olds and up.
Teen, 16 years old Written byBryn Clare August 1, 2012

Blood and Chocolate

Very entertaining-I loved it-but that's about it. It's a werewolf movie, with a little bit of everything questionable, all in PG-13 rated format.
Parent of a 10 and 12 year old Written byCaoimheMorana September 14, 2010

Not for the impressionable

While I have no major concerns with this movie, I ouldn't let just any child watch it. It is a bit dark and not for impressionable children. The movie is very loosely based off the book of the same name by Annette Curtis Klause. The book is much better overall.
Teen, 13 years old Written bysharmanmms March 31, 2009
really good. great book and great movie
Teen, 13 years old Written byneutron189 April 9, 2008

Gives wolves a bad name.

I give this movie "Two thumbs down" for it further damages the reputation of wolves. I also, as a member of Defenders of Wild Life. Will be reporting this. :)

THIS IS MY FAVORITE MOVIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

you have to let your kids see this my mom thought it was boring but I loved it and im 11 i dont care what commonsense sais it is not needed for kids 14 and up my 9 yearold sister whatched this for gosh sake. p.s. DONT LET THE TITLE FOLL YOU THIS MOVIE IS AWESWOME ALSO DONT LISSEN TO WHAT OTHER PEOPLE SAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A Movie about Wolves

After looking up Horror on IMdB - I found this and saw it was only "12" in the UK. So I gave it a go - as a build up to White Noise. I was thrilled - it was good fun - I had goosebumps when the shadows were leaping about at the begining - however - apart from that - ready for White Noise. Content: ViolenceTerror - I saw evidence of terror and violence involves mostly animals - once animals are killed they are shown with a bloody cut - however these scenes are brief Sexuality - 2 main characters are in love and when the werewolves are killed - they return to human form nude. Substance Abuse - A woman administers an antidote through a needle into her neck - a man is forcefully injected in the neck - causing him to pass out 4 of 5 stars. (All of the content above is well within PG-13)