All teen and kid member reviews for Blood Diamond

Teen, 17 years old Written bysomehowimanage November 8, 2014

Hear this out

Well the first time that I had watched it was in a social studies class. And it is really eye opening, yes there is lots of violence, and with said violence comes swearing, which is acceptable for the situations depicted. But in the end, it's real life, and it's unfortunate but it happens all the time.
Teen, 15 years old Written byMr Blonde January 29, 2014
Teen, 17 years old Written byMacbeth September 19, 2010

Powerful movie, not for kids

This movie is extremely powerful, but it's also very disturbing. Lots of massacre scenes and child soldiers. I've seen it one time, and I'm really glad I watched it, but I have no interest in watching it again.
Teen, 14 years old Written byThe Administrator April 22, 2012

The Administrator - Review

This movie is very intense. The worst part is the children with guns killing their own people. Yet a very moving film.
Teen, 14 years old Written byLadylollipop1 May 8, 2011

A great message for kids 14+

A brilliant film with amazing acting which is just a tad too violent for a younger audience and also far too upsetting. For an example within the first 10 minutes you see a village torn down, people shot in the head (graphic) and children having their hands chopped off. There is also some male nudity (full frontal but non sexual and in shadows) if you care about that. I'll tell you this much it will make you feel guilty for even thinking about having diamonds!
Teen, 15 years old Written byromy97 April 22, 2013

the best movie ever!!

Teen, 14 years old Written byStevie111 May 22, 2012

Violent Thriller acurrately portrays Rebellion and struggle

This movie is very violent and mature in mature. This is not for kids. The theme may be lost on them
Teen, 13 years old Written bythe filminator April 11, 2012

please read this review

This film is about an ex mercinary who goes to africa to get a rare diamond and is caught up in a mans bid to save his son from rebels,this film mixes strong violence, strong language, and sad stories about child soldiers and conflict diamonds to bring a heartwarming story to the screens, although this is a good film it doesnt stop it being very violent and full of strong language, it has uses of the f word and other bad language and the violence is hard hitting with people being shot, a man gets his arm cut of and another man is beaten to death with a shovel by an angry father, and other scenes of strong violence occur, aswell as this people smoke, drink and children are injected with heroin by rebles who tell them it will make them invinsible.
Teen, 17 years old Written bydavyborn October 12, 2011

It ain't pretty, but it's a important watch of teens and up

The Blood Diamond is a very, very violent movie about the war going on in South Africa and portrays all of this realistically and in grueling and gritty fashion, so yes, it is safe to assume for people that haven't yet seen this movie, that the violence is constant, which it most certainly is: many, many people are shot, hacked at with machetes, dismembered and more, and all with lot's of blood. Finally, there is also frequent profanity with many uses of the F-word, Sh-t and more, including some crude sexual dialog. Still, this is a very good movie, and is a realistic portrayal of how bad it had gotten down there.
Kid, 12 years old June 2, 2011

disturbing

this movie was not heavy on blood but very realistic lots of innocent deaths. this movie deals with some of the most upsetting issues in the world. in the end it is well done but violent the kind of movie you will be glad you saw but you wont want to watch it agian
Teen, 15 years old Written byzazmopepperz June 1, 2011

CSM is full of BS!

This movie is quite amazing. My friend kept telling me to watch this and said it was his favourite film. The other day it was on so I decided to watch it and realises my friend was right. This is a fantastic film with a great story and shows how people care for their family. It is a very violent movie, with depictions of gangs killing people including children, the fact that similiar things happen in real life is a bit scary and is probably best for at least mid-teens (15 plus). None the less, I recommend this and common sense media's review on this was pure bullshis.
Teen, 13 years old Written bykhazmang January 28, 2011

must be for older people and teens no lower!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i loved this movie gave a great message about the diamond industry.
Teen, 16 years old Written byRocketsfan05 October 25, 2010

Anyone 14+

The only scary thing about this movie, is it's a reality.
Teen, 15 years old Written byPoison Ivey July 16, 2010
I watched this movie when it was on TV today... not that bad, really, most of the bad stuff is within the first hour. I guess its fine for 14+, but the story might be confusing for them.
Kid, 12 years old July 7, 2010

Interesting an Thought Provoking.

This was a good movie set during the Sierra Leonean civil war. It is well made, with some great acting. The film doesn't shy away from showing the brutality of the war. I would rate it R for strong brutal violence and language.
Teen, 14 years old Written byww2lover February 24, 2009

Touching War Movie

man oh man. This movie made me think a bit. Before I saw this movie, I had no idea what was happening in Africa. Now that I saw it, whenever I see Sierra Leon on a map, I think of blood diamonds. Excellent movie, bloody though. The child soldiers are kinda disturbing when murder innocent people. Good movie though. 4/5
Kid, 12 years old December 23, 2008

LUVED IT!!!

This movie was awesome!!! It's based on real-life events. Younger kids should not see this!!! There was alot of action and shooting and blood. It is really sad in some moments and disgusting in others. I think the ppl who made diamonds didnt want this movie to come out. I would rate this movie 9 out of 10! the common sense ppl didnt rate this movie right! it should deserve more!!!
Teen, 15 years old Written bybubbo April 9, 2008

Wow!

Common Sense Media was REALLY wrong on this one...ignore their review! This is a truly great film, it's very intense, raw, violent, and sad--but definitely an important and powerful film that deserves at least one viewing. It's a truly amazing movie, one of my favorites from last year!
Teen, 14 years old Written byhorselover326 April 9, 2008

I say 5 stars

I loved this movie. I usually don't like action movies that much but I ended up seeing this one 3 times. I didn't expect it to be sad but towards the end I was crying. It's definently not for kids though. There's nothing sexual in it but there is violence and the main charecter might send kids the wrong message since he killed alot of people. If I had a kid I wouldn't let them see this untill they were at least 13.
Teen, 17 years old Written byshadow April 9, 2008