All member reviews for Blow

Uneven drug trade story has explicit drug use.

Adult Written bymisledvampire April 9, 2008

Great Movie!

I first watched this movie when i was 13. I fell in love! This is a great movie, that shows what drugs can do to a person and the people that care about them. I think that anyone and everyone should see this movie. It makes you laugh and it makes you cry. Wonderful movie!
Teen, 15 years old Written byFutureMrs.JohnnyDepp November 1, 2010

Good for teens!

Wow. What a great movie! It really got me interested in learning more about George Jung. I'm 15, just seeing it for the first time. It was such a great movie. It was very informative and I think most teenagers would enjoy this one! One of my favorites for sure. Also, once again, Johnny Depp does not disappoint!
Kid, 12 years old February 21, 2012

Watch it :)

Blow is a brilliant film for anyone mature enough to know to not take drugs. The reason I put Positive messages is because: *Spoiler Warning* George does go to jail in the end of the film and his wife divorces him. He can't see his daughter either. all because of drugs. *End* The film is very good and excellent for any Johnny Depp or Penelope Cruz fan who is mature enough to see it.
Parent of a 6 year old Written bymadsmooney1214 September 16, 2012

blow

Parents will need to fill in the blanks and discuss with their teens the larger cultural issues associated with the importing of cocaine and marijuana. Families can talk about the larger cultural issues associated with the importing of cocaine and marijuana.
Adult Written bywonder dove November 10, 2012

Excellent true story...

True story about George Jung (Johnny Depp) and his experience with selling cocaine. Georges' wish had always been to have money and to never be poor. He grew up in a poor family with fighting parents and a mother he's never really been close to. After experimenting with selling marijuana, it wasn't enough for George, he wanted more! While getting busted the first time and going to jail, he meets his inmate, who convinces George the fortune he could make selling Blow (Cocaine). Together, they make it happen. After losing his girlfriend to cancer and meeting another woman (Penelope Cruz) he marries her and has a beautiful little girl Christina (Emma Roberts) who is later taken from him when he & his wife divorce. George loses a lot in his life and the story is extremely sad. He is a very decent, kind man who loves to share and help others. He is not a bad spirited person! The film will have you in tears toward the end. Lots of violence shown (mainly beatings, also the slapping of a woman). Strong language including lots of "f" words. Some sexual content (innuendo, flirting, kissing, women in bikinis). Graphic drug use & discussions, plants & substances shown. A++ film with a positive message.