Want personalized picks that fit your family?

Set preferences to see our top age-appropriate picks for your kids.

Get age-based picks

Parent reviews for Blue's Big Musical Movie

Blue puts on a musical.

Parent of a 1 and 3 year old Written byJessSimons February 19, 2009

Kids can't get enough

I happened to hit this show on my DVR. My kids make me watch it at least once a day, and more often then not we watch it two or three times in a row. My 1.5 yo son sings a long with all the songs. It is a very cute educational movie. I love how they teach you about music, the high and low notes, rhythm, tempo, and soul! That is the best!
Parent of an infant and 2 year old Written byBatfan7 December 27, 2017

Almost perfect, but not as good as the show

If your kid loves the TV show (which mine does!), then this is a good investment. It has all the same elements as the show, just much longer. However, while I rate the TV show as 5 stars, this movie only gets 4 due to a few issues. First, there are a few extended 'sad' parts (Side Table feels sad and sings sadly for most of her scenes during the movie). This is unusual for this show as usually any negative emotions are dealt with immediately rather than left to...fester. The second issue is that a huge chunk of this movie involves Steve learning about music, and it bored my child into leaving the TV. EVERY TIME. We ended up fast-forwarding that part - which is like a quarter of the movie! So while overall I think this is worth the seeing, if you have to spend money, buy the episodes of the TV show before you invest in this.
Parent of a 7 year old Written byeswanson April 9, 2008
Adult Written byanf143637 April 9, 2008
Parent of an infant, 2, 5, and 8 year old Written bykristyn April 9, 2008

Great toe-tapping, sing-along movie!

This is a great movie for kids. We've had this since my now almost 7-year old was little. He and his 3-year old brother dance around and sing along to all the songs. Steve Burns was so wonderful in this series and is terrific in this movie as well.