All member reviews for Body of Lies

Violent spy thriller is for adults only.

Teen, 16 years old Written byourblackego July 6, 2009

Very good...

Failry decent, some F words, average for an R-Rated movie... Some torture violence, and alil blood. BEsides the ending it was a great movie... THe ending good have been better, but not complaining ... Good movie.
Teen, 13 years old Written bylolfaceman May 9, 2009

good movie but one voilent secene
Teen, 17 years old Written byi_like_movies February 22, 2009

It's a lot like Blood Diamond, except replace the Africans with Arabs, and the diamonds with bombs.

as a major Leo fan i HAD to see this movie. it says f*ck a lot, so if you have problems with that... theres whipping, he gets bit/attacked by dogs, blood, a lot of inapropriate language, bombs and mad arabian people. its a lot like Blood Diamond except replace the african people with arabs, and the diamonds with bombs. i dont think people gave this movie enough credit. it took me a day to get the ending, the whole lie concept and then another day to relate it to the title. over all i would say that you shouldnt let young kids watch it, but i think people who like action movies in general (or Leonardo DiCaprio) should, because its a really good movie. review from a 14 year old girl.
Teen, 14 years old Written bymoviefan24 May 14, 2012

Spy thriller suitable for mature kids

Kid, 11 years old March 7, 2009

Body of lies, while it has its moments, is mediocre at best.

Body of lies was an average film. It did have it's moments but the project fell flat and boring. The film spends way too much time trying to become psychological when this is just suppose to be an action thriller, not an Alfred Hitchcock film. After the dull sequel Hannibal, I thought I could forgive Ridley Scott for that poor attempt, unfortunately I can't. The only masterpiece Scott made was Alien, in my opinion. Body of lies is highly overrated and so is Ridley Scott. For sexual content, there are a few sexual references. A nude man is wiped in a torturing scene, although we only see his chest. For violence and gore there are several violent acts that occur along with some that involve blood. Mostly shooting and punching. There are two or more scenes of torture involving wiping. For profanity there are about 50 uses of the f word and some with (mother and added with -ing), other profanities such as s***, a**, a**hole, g*ddamn, p****, c*cks*cker, and a few sexual references/innuendoes.