Kid reviews for Bohemian Rhapsody

Exuberant music, electric performance in routine biopic.

Kid, 12 years old December 14, 2018

Ok Parents listen and listen good

Alright grown ups get ready to get roasted by the 12 year old. There is absolutely nothing wrong with this movie. Yes, there's drinking, yes there's some smoking, yeah you see a man kiss another man. Yes there's cocaine on the table at one point. Guess what, nobody noticed that except the over protective parents. The movie is actually anti drinking because you see how it effects Freddie, and Freddie realizes his mistake. As for the gayness, nobody has a problem with that except homophobic people. People who are complaining about language should be quiet. There's one f word, two s**t and a couple other ones that just show up. Honestly it doesn't matter. It's a great movie with great music, take your kids to go see it. People are saying Freddie isn't a good role model, and they're right, but they're acting like the whole time he was a terrible person. He's not a good role model for 45 minutes of the movie just calm down.

Teen, 13 years old Written byMovieLover224 November 1, 2018

Great cinematography but not so great messages

I though that this was a very well done movie on the cameras part but the messages and how Freddy is portrayed is very complex. The music is astoundingly good and the actors grew on you. The reason I would call this movie 13+ is because of the negative role models and constant drinking, drugs, and smoking. There were also some crude humor and it ends with AIDS and how it effects Freddy. Some brief kissing is present. I would see this movie if you love anything by Freddy Mercury or if you like movies that make you feel the emotions in the characters.

Kid, 10 years old November 5, 2018

You people are ridiculous.

There is nothing wrong with the fact that Freddie Mercury is in love with another man. This is the real world, people. Though, I could have done without the language. Nothing too bad, but still keep in mind. Overall, great movie for 9 to 16 year olds.

Teen, 14 years old Written byTom04 October 29, 2018

Really good

This is a really good. There is quite a bit of dramatic moments. There is some implied gay scenes. There is also some implied cocaine use. But overall it’s really good. It’s not really about queen it’s about Freddie Mercury.

Kid, 12 years old November 4, 2018

Amazing for those who love Queen!

If you don't like Queen, somehow have no idea who they are, or don't know the real story of Freddie Mercury, then this movie isn't for you. But if you are a Queen fan, like me, then you will fall in love. It's great for younger people, too, who never had the chance to really see Queen come alive in front of their face in performance. My only issue with it though is how it ignores the sex, drugs, and all of the mature drugs. At least tell your teenager that DID come into the equation in the real story, so when someone starts talking about it they don't embarrass themselves.

Kid, 12 years old November 3, 2018

Great, underrated biopic has incredible music, performances.

Bohemian Rhapsody is a wonderful biopic that follows legendary Queen superhero star, Freddie Mercury. In the film, Farrokh Bulsara approaches a band that recently lost their lead singer, and when he shows them his singing voice, he becomes their new bandmate, leading him to vast amounts of fame, success, and a big self-realization. Going into Bohemian Rhapsody, I had mediocre expectations due to the relatively medium reviews, but my expectations were completely blown out of the water. Rami Malek's performance as Freddie is unique, powerful and funny, and the supporting cast is great as well. The music was catchy and fabulous -- I ended up dancing and singing (quietly, of course, aha) in the theater. I've always known about Queen and its music before seeing this movie, but I learned many interesting facts about Freddie himself during the film, which was lovely. The live aid performance made me tear up. It was great! I did wish that the movie dug a little deeper into his life, as I did have a few questions after the credits rolled, but I believe the crew truly did their best, and I very much appreciate it. Violence 1/5: A few very heated arguments and threats, and a character coughs up blood and it is implied that they die of AIDS. Sexual content and nudity 3/5: A bit of opposite and same-sex couple kissing, flirting, groping and implied sex. The most inappropriate scene in the film that CSM does not mention displays Freddie walking through what appears to be a gay sex club in which men are shown wearing black masks and wearing very strange leather costumes while kissing -- this scene made me feel quite uncomfortable, so if you would like to watch the movie without being made uncomfortable at all, I would recommend waiting till you are 13. Language 3/5: Characters swear, and "s--t," and "f--k," are used two or three times. Drinking and drugs 4/5: Lots of drinking and smoking. It is implied that Freddie snorted cocaine and took many other drugs. In the end, Bohemian Rhapsody is a fun, clever and well-made musical biopic packed with great performances and emotional moments. I highly recommend it to anyone that is a mature 12 year old and up!
Kid, 12 years old November 2, 2018

Awesome!!!

This was an awesome movie !!! I saw it yesterday and loved it so much. It has great characters and Freddie was very brave when he left Munich. It isn't very scary but people might be sad. It has kissing and sex is implied but overall it is a great story and a great movie. Also, if you see it in 4D, they scent the air with alchool. It is the best movie ever.

Teen, 17 years old Written byRodger_Bradley November 16, 2018

Read My Review!

Okay, so I am 17 years old and I saw the movie with my cousins and I have to say. I was not expecting this movie to be so heart-warming and just all around excellent! So, the movie is about a rock singer named Freddie Mercury or you may know him as "Queen" and it's about his life and how he got to be so big. As a parent, you may want to talk to your kids before seeing this about what they are about to see and remind them that it is okay to talk about this stuff. The movie covers sexuality, drug and alcohol addiction, and being turned against. There is no drug use but you do see cocaine present in the scene on a table as well as wine and alcohol being served and drunk at parties and one time while Freddie is in his room alone. Now, I know what you are thinking "Why does this movie have gay sex scenes in it". And I can tell you first hand, it only shows Freddie kiss guys not have sex with them. But, in one scene when Freddie and his girlfriend are together in bed it does suggest they have sex. The final thing you must be worried about is the language, and I have to say there is one use of the F word but other than that it is just "damn" "bloody" "hell" and "shit" but that is all. This movie is so great and I would definitely recommend this to parents and to kids at least 14 years old. I get that this movie is PG-13 it is just the things that are in the movie I would not show to a 13 year old yet. However, with that said, Freddie is a kind-hearted, loving, caring, and all-around great guy to look up to. He is so funny and nice to his friends and strangers alike, but it does show you what happens when you get caught up with fame and people get jealous of you. If you have not seen this movie, you need to see it!! This movie did end up making me tear up because of some things that happen. Thank you for reading my review I saw this movie 3 times already and it is just my favorite movie haha.

Teen, 13 years old Written byNobodyhere June 8, 2019

Great movie

It was a great movie the was really moving. the singing was amazing so was the acting. nothing bad really happens in the movie just Freddie being flamboyant you see him kiss a guy and you see cocaine on table but you see no one take any drugs.

Kid, 11 years old June 8, 2019

Bohemian Rhapsody Review

I think this film is good for mature children who can understand the story well. I do agree, being a child, that the story is a little tricky to understand at first but if you watch it a second time, it really clears things up.
Teen, 13 years old Written byTeenmovielover June 3, 2019

AMAZING!!!!

I'm 14 and I went to watch this movie with my friend when we were 13. We went alone and honestly I don't see anything wrong with the movie. Alot of you overprotective parents are SOOOOO ANNOYING like the movie is suitable for kids 10 or 9 up. Freddie is in love with another man and if you are SOOOO stupid thatyou can't explain love to your child even if it's the same sex love than it's your problem not the movies. Honestly this movie was great and I highly recommend it. They do swear a lil bit and there's alcohol but not too much. No sex.

Teen, 13 years old Written byOkdude9 June 2, 2019

Love queen!!

This movie has amazing music, I love queen so, so much, and this movie was a perfect portral of them! The movie has only some language, and drugs, nothing more than tweens can't handle.

Teen, 13 years old Written byCinema Time - R... May 17, 2019

Bohemian Rhapsody is one of the best films of 2018!

Bohemian Rhapsody is now one of the best films I think I’ve seen! I adore this film so much now! I love so much about it! Rami Malek is perfect and portrays Freddie amazingly! Bohemian Rhapsody is a masterpiece in my opinion and lands in one of my favourite films of all time! I give Bohemian Rhapsody a 10/10

Kid, 12 years old May 16, 2019

need to see

honestly yes he uses drugs and drinks a lot but this benefits the audience of younger viewers showing them what happens when you (drink a lot and do drugs )do that. So, instead of all of you over overprotected parents shielding your kids away from it you should sit and talk with them to say look this is what happens don't do that. Also yes a man and a man kiss HOLY COW ITS 2019!!! there is no reason for this movie to be deemed inappropriate because of this. I was really frustrated that at my Catholic school we all wanted to watch Bohemian Rhapsody but no its "SCHOOL INAPPROPRIATE" im sorry but no we want to watch what we want to watch. Anyways it has great cinematography and shows the amazing story of how a legendary band came to be. Great visuals and music the lead actor truly did an incredible job to portray freddie mercury. Great movie all should see.

Teen, 17 years old Written byFreddie1945 April 30, 2019

FREDDIE MERCURY WAS PLAYED SO WELL

Rami Malek is from an Egyptian heritage and I saw a comment that said that if he was in Egypt he would have been hung for doing a part as a homosexual man. Well, I think his role as a bisexual male in this film showed us that it's okay to be gay or straight or bi, Rami played this role great and hope to see what his next movie holds for Mr.Malek. Freddie Mercury would have happy shook your hand and said "Well done darling" as he would say. We all know that losing Freddie was the hardest thing we could have gone through, but this film sure did bring everyone to the edge of their seats and also watching the movie made it feel like Freddie was actually in the movie and now thanks to this film, I have played nothing, but Queen songs and watched only videos of Freddie messing around during video shoots which I have to say is the cutest thing ever. Thank You, Rami Malek, for everything and also Thank You, Freddie Mercury, because without you in this world, this movie would have never happened.

Teen, 13 years old Written byDrama_Queen April 27, 2019

one of the best movies ever made

i chose to put the rating for teenagers aged 13 and up because it has quite a bit of mature contents such as sexual scene and drugs and smoking it is also not for anyone under the age of at least 11 because of how . the movie is built. but as someone over the age of 13 watching it i find it a beautiful . movie and a a . big fan of queen it makes the movie very special.

Teen, 13 years old Written byMaanassa.S April 6, 2019

A fast paced movie.

This movie has portrayed Freddie Mercury's life in a very raw way. But if your child is going to watch this movie, make sure you sit with him or her.As it deals with some topics like sexuality,racism and AIDS. But it is an amazing take on Mercury's life and it is an engaging watch.

Kid, 11 years old April 1, 2019

Bohemian Rhapsody

I believe the movie was great! There was a few suggestive scenes in the movie but overall great! Young kids should not watch this movie just because there is a lot of suggestive behavior in the movie. Overall, greta for tweens and teens alike!

Kid, 12 years old March 31, 2019

A look in Freddie Mercury`s life

Bohemian Rhapsody is a flamboyant biopic that masters to capture the charisma in Freddie Mercury. The actors portray their characters very well and of course the soundtrack is phenomenal. The movie is fine to watch with the family and it will amaze many different age groups. It is not too inappropriate, but like many movies there is a little here and there. I AM SURE YOU WILL LIKE IT MY DEAR!

Kid, 11 years old March 30, 2019

Bohemian Rhapsody will rock you

There is some great messages, as Freddie will not leave his ‘family’ (Queen) the violence isn’t that bad with the worst of a rock being thrown through someone’s window the sex isn’t bad the main character says that his girlfriend is an epic shag. There are also kisses between opposite and same genders as well as two people lying under covers. Ye swearing isn’t bad there are multiple uses of Sh*t, a use of F*cking, D*ck, Pr*ck and Wa*ker. Freddie and the group drink alcohol frequently.