All member reviews for Bolt

Kid, 10 years old March 25, 2011

The best!

Awesome movie! way better than Chicken little!
Kid, 10 years old December 10, 2010

Good For All Ages (Depending on what you think is a little kid movie.)

I found nothing wrong with this movie. I went to see it in theatres when I was 8 and I'm a month away from being 11 and I'm always happy to watch it. The fire scene is nothing to be worried about, in my opinion. I think 3+ would be good, but, maybe 4+ for the mild peril. I'm pretty surprised it was rated 'PG'. Think about 'The Secrets Of The Nimh'. It was only rated G, and it's very bloodshed. Dissapointed at Disney for being so bloodshed not to keep the fight scene with Bolt and the other dogs. A much better way in my opinion for older kids for Bolt to find out he has no powers.
Kid, 10 years old August 27, 2012

AWESOME MOVIE

Great disney film i saw it and it was amazing. Tells people about to love and care for your pets. Penny and bolt were a great role modle. The villion can be creepy but noting else
Kid, 10 years old August 13, 2012

Great movie and totaly appropriate.

One of my faveriote disney movies. good to watch over and over again. A bit of violence but completeley ok for ages 8 and up. 6 and up is ok with supervision (Explosves and fighting may not suit some kids)
Teen, 14 years old Written byScreennameGirl May 27, 2012

Nice Movie

This a really good, age-appropriate movie for kids of any age!
Kid, 10 years old April 28, 2011

great film its good for a family its child friendly and is good for anyone,i love this film!
Teen, 13 years old Written byJustino4 April 23, 2011

Violent or Fun?

This movie shouldn't be watched by any kid under 6 for the violent scene at the end with Penny and Bolt. That one scene influenced the whole movie to be PG for me. If your under-six-year-old kid loves action or suspence, then this is the movie for them. If not, don't hesitate to ignore.
Teen, 13 years old Written bytangled August 25, 2010

it was more successful than the "Princess and the Frog," a traditional animated movie released by disney a year after this movie. It also got a higher rating a Rotten Tomatoes. I'm simply praying that disney doesn't realize this (then again, they ARE releasing their first CGI fairy tale, Tangled in November -_-...) ANYWAY, this movie is great and I recommend.
Kid, 9 years old June 24, 2010

The second time i watched it it was horrible
Teen, 14 years old Written byMariodude23 May 11, 2010

HUGE improvement over Chicken Little!

This is the best strictly Disney CG animated movie made. Now unfortunately I haven't seen it in a while so I can't go into detail, but the animation is spectacular, the action is high flying, is good for kids and adults, and above all it proved that Miley Cyrus can act; a huge accomplishment.
Kid, 10 years old May 25, 2015

Kid, 12 years old January 3, 2014

A great film.

This film is slightly scary, with scenes for violence too. It can be hard to get sometimes, so some viewers can be slightly confused of how to begins- which is the scene where it's a bit scary for some views. Best for older children (9+) to watch, as it can be a little frightening. I mean, the first part of the frightening scene is to see someone strapped in to a chair, held hostage.
Kid, 10 years old September 27, 2013

Kinda cute

Bolt is a good animation for middle aged kids starting school, it is kinda cute, it does has mild violence and scary scenes but awesome all the way through. Get the tissue boxes as there is some sad scenes but a lovely happy ending.
Teen, 13 years old Written byNarwhalLover13 June 15, 2013

Wasn't Very Good

I didn't really enjoy it. Maybe its because im too old for it, or it might be because every week its on disney channel and im getting tired of it. I suggest it for mostly little boys.
Kid, 9 years old August 1, 2012

BOLT

Bolt is just a regular dog who thinks he's got super powers but he hasn't. His owner (penny) gets taken by the cat side. Will she come back?
Teen, 13 years old Written byFILMCRITIC500 April 23, 2012

horrible, nasty, "superhero" movie is not for the TRUE film buff

what was wrong with this hunk of junk?! why would they think that ANYONE would see it?! i dont know, but, what i DO know, is that is was a messed, idiotic, stupid movie.
Teen, 15 years old Written bymovies4meaning April 7, 2012

Great Story, Great Role Models

Pros: Story's main theme is about family Animation is great Story line is well crafted Violence is there, but not excessive Humor is not mainstream... Pacing is great Has some educational value of how movies/tv shows are filmed Cons Complexity of story-line may be too much for very young kids to understand Mild language such as 'stupid' and 'idiot'
Teen, 13 years old Written byJessie rocks February 15, 2012

I love this!!!

Normally, I wouldn't be the lottafandomgurl for Miley Cyrus, but I think that, in this movie, she acts good. I like Penny's hair (it's red. I like red hair. Notice the hair of Jessie from Toy Story and you'll see why.). I like the animals. I like the characters, the plotline, the everything. I saw a review that was COMPLAINING about the simalarities to Toy Story, but that's the best part of the plotline, imo. Oh, well. I guess not everyone is a Toy Story nerd like me... Anyway, I think that people should watch this movie. Yeah, my review of Disney movies always says that, but it's so true.
Kid, 11 years old October 8, 2011

it's a bird...it's a plane...it's bolt!

Bolt follows the Disney-Pixar brotherhood's classic tradition of making movies with drama, comedy, and adventure almost perfectly. The movie is very heartfelt while having its gallant, super-heroic fun, while still being age-appropriate, while this is also hindered during the dangerous fire scene. Something kids would want to watch with their families, and something that they would definitely root for.
Teen, 13 years old Written byLola lol August 30, 2011