All member reviews for Borat

Teen, 13 years old Written bypunkrocker July 1, 2009

Hilarious for teens!

This is my new favorite movie. It is the funniest film i have ever seen. Seriously. Everybody said it's crude and vulgar and racist, so don't watch it if you're easily offended! You should have known that it will be very offensive when you decided to watch it. Really, people... The only inapropriate parts where when there are pictures of Borat's son's penis. That was gross. Also, there are naked men wrestling. But there is a black bar over one of them, and the other has rolls of fat covering his genitals. Oh, and they say the f-word a lot. WATCH THiS MOVIE IT'S FUNNY!
Teen, 16 years old Written bybradley4846 October 3, 2010

Took Awhile

i made a mistake and watched this by myself. its a movie to be watched with more then just you. It took me awhile to relize how funny it was. there is a lot of sexual things i dont think i can name them all. there is the naked fight scene. and r rated language is used (f**j and c**k). DVD is really fun to use also. Great movie, worth buying
Teen, 13 years old Written byydonut26 October 23, 2011

Amazingly funny

This movie is one of the funniest movies i have seen a long time. Its laugh out lout and has plenty of language and sex. But if your kid is mature in off and can handle it it is fine.
Teen, 16 years old Written byJWilliams303 January 28, 2011

Sacha Baron Cohen really knows how to punk people in these kind of movies. He really stays in character as Borat in this movie. He has a lot of guts to go through all the stuff he went through as this character. Yes this movie is very bad, but definately a movie that I couldnt stop laughing at. He talks about a lot of sex in the movie like how he wants to have sexy time with the ladies, or have ladies ride in his pussywagon or how he went and saw a gay parade and tells an explicit story of him and some of the gays doing some acts which Im sure you know what goes on from there. Anywhere between there is all the sex stuff he talks about in the show. He also goes one on one with a guy (bear naked style) and they start wrestling each other and so on...must I say more. This movie is very hilarious, Im a big SBC fan, but this is definately not for anyone under the age of 16 at the least.
Teen, 15 years old Written bymongofa May 27, 2010

Funny. For teens and adults

I think this movie was very funny. What made it especially funny is that it isn't entirely scripted. There is definetly a lot of swearing and sex talk. Hilarious, though.
Teen, 15 years old Written byLydia D. March 13, 2010

Comedy Genius That Your Kids Shouldn't See

A wonderfully funny movie, but filled with some VERY uncomfortable scenes. There is quite a bit of nudity, (at least it's not women for once, though) and some strong language. Definitely NOT for kids.
Teen, 14 years old Written bywhyhellomister144 February 27, 2010

This is legit one of the funniest movies ever. It's about an absent-minded foreign man who decides to document the ways that Americans live with his best friend. The journey starts in NYC, where he sees Pamela Anderson on TV and decides to travel to California to meet her. The movie itself has lots of comic sexual behavior and swearing, which can be graphic enough that it's not okay for some teens.
Teen, 14 years old Written bysg112358 August 9, 2009

You need to have the right perspective to enjoy

Look people, the movie is hilarious, but you need to have the right perspective when you watch it. I can see how people are offended and how parents don't want their kids to watch it, but their reasons (i.e., it is racist, sexist, crude) would only be legitimate if these shortcomings were portrayed positively. However, Borat's painfully comical anti-semitism and homophobia and sexism merely show how ridiculous and unfounded these kinds of prejudices are. This is exactly what makes the movie so terribly funny. I think that as long as you're comfortable with some mature themes, you'll love this movie.
Teen, 14 years old Written bymattthemovieman August 1, 2009

funniest movie EVER!!

this is probaly my favoite movie but if you get the usa chaneal on you tv watch on usa because the regular version has graphic nudity,strong language,and strong sexual referanses but the edited for tv version it has black boxs over most of the nudity and cencers out s--t and f--k and pretty much every other curse word exsept for h-ll and d-mn as for violence not very much except one long disturbing fight (betwen borat and the fat guy tht comes with him to america)tht has both of them NUDE.other than tht this is very funny! regualular version-14+ tv edited version 12+
Teen, 15 years old Written bysnoge July 20, 2015

Hilarious - and extraordinarily politically incorrect!

This is probably the funniest film I've ever seen. But, don't let kids get to it - it has as bad role models as you could get. The reason the film is funny is because of all the racism, sexism, profanity and nudity Cohen pulls off in front of ordinary Americans. There really couldn't be a worse role model. A typical quote: "We have many problems - social, economic and Jew." Hilarious, but unsuitable.
Teen, 13 years old Written byKISSRox101 December 1, 2012

It's Borat. It'sa nice!

Borat is a hilarious comedy starring the great Sacha Baron Cohen. Though great, the movie is very raunchy. There is full frontal male nudity and most of the jokes are dirty, but that is what makes this movie funny. I watched it and forced my parents to watch it too the second time. We all laughed nonstop and it was all in good fun. This movie is okay for anyone over 13 as long as they understand and are mature about the humor.
Teen, 17 years old Written byDolphinTaleFan October 25, 2012

Better than bruno

Good movie for 13 and up. It is a bit rude but not as rude as bruno
Teen, 15 years old Written bymattguy15 September 15, 2012

stupid

naked blured men sex talk prositiutes strong language and one usefless movie.its borat dont bother with this junk.
Kid, 11 years old June 11, 2012

Crudeness

I'm not sure what to say about this film. Yes, it is funny, but it's ridiculously crude and offensive to Christians. I am a Christian, so I am mad at Cohen. I was introduced to Cohen in Martin Scorsese's Hugo (great film) and I thought he did an incredible job playing the station inspector who has a heart deep inside him. But the character he creates is a strongly negative role model, although the character does not know stuff. I can't blame the character for telling his country to mock Christianity because he doesn't know anything. But I do blame Cohen and the other people that worked on this film. This movie also offends more religions (ex. Muslims) and is strongly racist. So now, no more of religious and race material. Now the parental review. Violence is mild because it only has brawls in it and wrestling. Sexual content is extreme. I'll just tell you that it's extreme. Don't want to go in the details. Language is also frequent, but not as frequent as the horrible sexual content. I watched this on TV, so they censored most of the language. That's the thing I love about watching movies on TV. There might be consumerism. If the Baywatch thing is real, then there is. I don't know. For drinking, in one scene, Borat goes extreme and gets drunk with weird guys. So yes, this film is THAT crude. Everything is there for a crude movie. Ughh.
Teen, 14 years old Written bymovieguy97 June 11, 2012

Funny

Funny
Teen, 15 years old Written by80sfan8 April 29, 2012

Pretty much laughed the whole time

It was pretty funny, but very raunchy. There was this naked fight scene which might be unsettling for some people. Overall, it's worth watching, but not for young kids
Teen, 14 years old Written bykobaltflame April 20, 2012

HILARIOUS (but not appropriate)

HILARIOUS!!! the funniest thing u will ever see! a lot of sexual stuff, and they actually show some stuff in one photo. it IS rated r though, i still think its hilarious!
Teen, 13 years old Written byjb223 April 5, 2012

Offensive but Hilarious

Though this Movie is Offensive it is Very Funny
Teen, 14 years old Written byStevie111 March 2, 2012

Borat

Mainly nudity is what makes it mature
Teen, 15 years old Written byevolinag August 26, 2011

Intelligent satire is thought provoking, but also crude and can be misunderstood.

You need to know that "Borat" is a satire. Some of the footage is filmed by hidden cameras, some is filmed directly for the screen. The character Borat Sagdiyev is a satire of what Americans see in muslim people. He fits almost every cliche and sometimes it can seem racist. But in fact Sacha Baron Cohen makes fun of America, not Kazakhstan. Some of the people filmed with hidden cameras make real racist, sexist and xenophobic comments, not knowing they are actually the butt of the joke. Jews are refered to as bad, but you need to know that Sacha Baron Cohen is a jew himself. There is sexual humour, a photo of - at least that what Borat says, though i doubt it - a child's penis. You see photos of women sitting on a toilet. Borat and Azamat fight nude - parts of this scene are filmed by a hidden camera - Borat's penis is censored by a black bar, Azamat is usually in a position you can not see it (at two points we get a brief glimpse of it, not graphic). Frequent references. Some people filmed by hidden cameras say the f-word a lot. Mature teenagers will get that the movie is satirical. 14 and up.