All member reviews for Borat

Teen, 13 years old Written bypunkrocker July 1, 2009

Hilarious for teens!

This is my new favorite movie. It is the funniest film i have ever seen. Seriously. Everybody said it's crude and vulgar and racist, so don't watch it if you're easily offended! You should have known that it will be very offensive when you decided to watch it. Really, people... The only inapropriate parts where when there are pictures of Borat's son's penis. That was gross. Also, there are naked men wrestling. But there is a black bar over one of them, and the other has rolls of fat covering his genitals. Oh, and they say the f-word a lot. WATCH THiS MOVIE IT'S FUNNY!
Teen, 16 years old Written bybradley4846 October 3, 2010

Took Awhile

i made a mistake and watched this by myself. its a movie to be watched with more then just you. It took me awhile to relize how funny it was. there is a lot of sexual things i dont think i can name them all. there is the naked fight scene. and r rated language is used (f**j and c**k). DVD is really fun to use also. Great movie, worth buying
Parent of a 10 year old Written bycrazydenza10 August 16, 2010

really bad iffy 18
Parent of a 14 year old Written bythm January 7, 2011

crudity overwhelms the humor

Teen, 15 years old Written byLydia D. March 13, 2010

Comedy Genius That Your Kids Shouldn't See

A wonderfully funny movie, but filled with some VERY uncomfortable scenes. There is quite a bit of nudity, (at least it's not women for once, though) and some strong language. Definitely NOT for kids.
Teen, 14 years old Written bysg112358 August 9, 2009

You need to have the right perspective to enjoy

Look people, the movie is hilarious, but you need to have the right perspective when you watch it. I can see how people are offended and how parents don't want their kids to watch it, but their reasons (i.e., it is racist, sexist, crude) would only be legitimate if these shortcomings were portrayed positively. However, Borat's painfully comical anti-semitism and homophobia and sexism merely show how ridiculous and unfounded these kinds of prejudices are. This is exactly what makes the movie so terribly funny. I think that as long as you're comfortable with some mature themes, you'll love this movie.
Teen, 13 years old Written bymanay_4511 August 10, 2010

warning: alot of explicit stuff that'll offend somebody

borat is a VERY BAD example to watch
Teen, 13 years old Written byLa_La_Queen March 16, 2010

Great for teens!!!

I personally liked it but that is just my personal opinion.
Adult Written byIenjoygoodmovies June 3, 2010

Any fifteen year old should be able to handle this funny, clever, brutally relevant film. Easily in the top 10 of the decade.

I can honestly say that almost every parent who reviewed this movie is an idiot. Yes it is offensive. Yes it is over-the-top. But stupid? Racist? If you thought this film was racist, then the whole point of it obviously went completely over your head. Sacha Baron Cohen is not a racist, but is just pretending to be in order to make people play along, exposing their deep and hidden prejudice. The jokes are funny and completely on target, the acting is amazing(Sacha never breaks character even once), and the statement it makes is more relevant than any after school speacial or film with morals these days. In short-the raw truth hurts. It's brutal. And some people can't handle it. But if you want to truly have a mirror held up to our American selves, then I reacommend you watch this movie immediately. hopefully you will take something away from it. If not-at least you will be entertained.
Teen, 16 years old Written bybeccabooluvsyou March 16, 2010

Parent Written byLt8810 November 28, 2010

FUNNY AS HECK BUT HORRIBLE FOR A COMEDY
Adult Written by4Spice June 13, 2010

pretty funny not for kids

you might like it or you might not like it for me it was kind of funny a one time movie 16 and over no kids at all there is lotss of nudity
Teen, 14 years old Written bywhyhellomister144 February 27, 2010

This is legit one of the funniest movies ever. It's about an absent-minded foreign man who decides to document the ways that Americans live with his best friend. The journey starts in NYC, where he sees Pamela Anderson on TV and decides to travel to California to meet her. The movie itself has lots of comic sexual behavior and swearing, which can be graphic enough that it's not okay for some teens.
Teen, 15 years old Written bymongofa May 27, 2010

Funny. For teens and adults

I think this movie was very funny. What made it especially funny is that it isn't entirely scripted. There is definetly a lot of swearing and sex talk. Hilarious, though.
Teen, 13 years old Written byasecoolish February 5, 2011

very funny a lot of crude and graphic diolage but very funny i have seen it by myself and with friends but not a kids movie mature teens and adults
Parent Written byCooldee May 10, 2010

Kid, 12 years old June 13, 2011

VERY RACIST

Pretty funny but has a lot of language, sexual stuff and Racism!
Teen, 14 years old Written byBleepbloop April 18, 2010

ok for 14+

this movie is hilarious I laughed my ass off
Teen, 16 years old Written byJWilliams303 January 28, 2011

Sacha Baron Cohen really knows how to punk people in these kind of movies. He really stays in character as Borat in this movie. He has a lot of guts to go through all the stuff he went through as this character. Yes this movie is very bad, but definately a movie that I couldnt stop laughing at. He talks about a lot of sex in the movie like how he wants to have sexy time with the ladies, or have ladies ride in his pussywagon or how he went and saw a gay parade and tells an explicit story of him and some of the gays doing some acts which Im sure you know what goes on from there. Anywhere between there is all the sex stuff he talks about in the show. He also goes one on one with a guy (bear naked style) and they start wrestling each other and so on...must I say more. This movie is very hilarious, Im a big SBC fan, but this is definately not for anyone under the age of 16 at the least.
Adult Written byheftyjosh April 9, 2008