All member reviews for Borat

Brace yourself -- Borat is here. Not for kids.

Teen, 15 years old Written byzeusdawg96 April 9, 2008

Not for any kids under 17

Teen, 16 years old Written byVirgo__ April 9, 2008

17+

No one under the age of 17 should be watching this movie.
Adult Written byzdevil April 9, 2008

Adult Written byMr. Strong April 9, 2008

Very funny but not for kids!

Very funny but not for kids!

I could feel myself getting dumber by the second

At the time of seeing this movie, I was 14 and watched it purely to be in on the jokes between my friends about the movie. Let me tell you - It wasn't worth it. Although I love SNL and Dane Cook, there is just some "Stupid" comedy that I can't stand (ie: Nacho Libre) I must say that I found this movie more uncomfortable than funny. All I can say is that 1/2 of people are gonna love it, and 1/2 are gonna hate it. As a teen, you just have to know yourself well enough to juge which 1/2 you are in and if you are even mature enough for it.
Adult Written byWandaLynne April 9, 2008

Adult Written byFrolo11 April 9, 2008

Parent of a 4 and 9 year old Written bykvirgin April 9, 2008

I was expecting less gross out humor

I appreciated the skewering of just about every group possible, but some of this was just gross..the naked guys wrestling....
Adult Written byjj@aol.com April 9, 2008

Teen, 16 years old Written byPieKid April 9, 2008

Borat....Pure Genius

Borat is just you're average Kazakhstani. He makes out with his sister, drinks fermented horse pee, and hates Jewish people and Uzbekistanis. He thinks he'll marry CJ from Baywatch, who in real life is Pamela Anderson. He throws money at roaches who he believes are actually the Jewish people he's staying with at the Bed and Breakfast. In the movie he's on a mission to find out more about America for Kazakhstan. He's the sixth most famous person in Kazakhstan and he's a reporter. Sacha Baren Cohan, who plays Borat, thought up the character while he had the Ali G Show. There is some irony in this movie though; Sacha is Jewish. So really this movie is really anti Anti-Semitic although you wouldn't get this if you didnt know that he was really Jewish. Azamat, who's played by Ken Davitian, is fat, rude, and just hilarious. Azamat is a filmographer who films Borat throughout the film for the documentary they're making. Also, Azamat has some anger problems with Borat. Azamat thinks that Borat is getting all the attention, and he's getting fed up. Luenell is a black prostitute who falls in love with Borat. Luenell is only probably in the movie for maybe ten minutes. But see that’s saying a lot since the movie is only about 79 minutes without credits so that’s like 1/7th of the film. I don’t know a lot about Luenell except for that Borat is in love with her as well. Borat is just a great movie. The movie itself is polar opposites in the eyes of reviewers either they love it, or they hate it. I personally loved it. I thought it was a great movie that could have a sequel, or become a series. I can see it now “The Adventures of Borat.”
Adult Written byBigGus April 9, 2008

Teen, 13 years old Written bymoviegeek222 April 9, 2008

17+? Why?

Attention Parents: I saw this movie and it was hilarious. Not for kids 10 and under, But for kids 11+ who are just learning about some of the themes in the movie. Sure, it comtains moderate sex, But Kids at age 11 will be able to laugh and understand Borat's humor.
Adult Written byjokr April 9, 2008

great show

This is a good show. There are parts throughout the show that may offend certain people and desterb others but it was meant in good intentions not to harm people but be politicly correct/incorect.
Teen, 13 years old Written byCSM Screen Name... April 9, 2008

I was hoping Borat would be a great as everybody said it was, but, it was just the same jokes over and over and over and over again... I didnt even stay through the whole movie, I lost intrest in maybe 30mins. I like him better as Ali G. Rent this movie when it comes out. Go rent the Ali G show if you wanna see him actually being funny.

NOT for anyone

Borat is horrible for anyone!
Teen, 16 years old Written byzip799 April 9, 2008

Hilariously Funny, but immensely vulgar.

Borat is funny movie, but not everyone appreciates this kind of humor. It is definitely not for anyone under 15, and depending on the person maybe 16 or 17. But very funny and lighthearted.
Parent of a 14 and 15 year old Written byLiz Perle April 9, 2008

You have to "get" irony to appreciate this

THere is plenty to offend here if you come looking to be offended. But much more enjoyable is how "Borat" exposes how mulish and uninformed people can be and in revealing the source of stupid prejudices, he undercuts the opinions. Really brilliant in some places. It's nice to see gutsy comedy.A sophisticated 16 year old would love it.
Teen, 14 years old Written bymcxstar April 9, 2008

The Funniest Movie I've Ever Seen (But Very Inapropriate)

If U Dont Want Or Are Not Allowed To See Sexually Explicit Stuff Then Do not Go See This Movie. Also There Is ALOT of Anti-Semitism In This Movie That Sometimes Crosses The Line. Other Than That This Movie Is One Of The Best I've Seen in a While.
Teen, 15 years old Written byjake3456 April 9, 2008

Hilarious.

While definitely not appropriate, this movie is still one of the funnies movies I have ever seen. There is nudity, but in a non erotic, comedic way. There's language, but that shouldn't bother everyone. Your review lists the bear roaring as violence. What are you thinking? It's a bear. It roars. Dogs bark. Maybe we should ban Lassie for barking too much. CommONSense is way to conservative in their ratings.
Adult Written byGaryK51188 April 9, 2008

Sucker Punched.

Seeing critic ratings, we thought this would be funny. We wanted to leave, and have read many comments saying the same. The film tried to test how much filth the audience would take before it stopped laughing. It finally sucked the funny out of the room. The audience was the dupe -- people were embarrassed during and leaving the film. I am angry, the hype and the "professional" critics so misled us. What gross spew this was, and we paid to see it!