All member reviews for Borat

Brace yourself -- Borat is here. Not for kids.

Educator and Parent of a 14 and 15 year old Written byLiz Perle April 9, 2008

You have to "get" irony to appreciate this

THere is plenty to offend here if you come looking to be offended. But much more enjoyable is how "Borat" exposes how mulish and uninformed people can be and in revealing the source of stupid prejudices, he undercuts the opinions. Really brilliant in some places. It's nice to see gutsy comedy.A sophisticated 16 year old would love it.
Teen, 14 years old Written bymcxstar April 9, 2008

The Funniest Movie I've Ever Seen (But Very Inapropriate)

If U Dont Want Or Are Not Allowed To See Sexually Explicit Stuff Then Do not Go See This Movie. Also There Is ALOT of Anti-Semitism In This Movie That Sometimes Crosses The Line. Other Than That This Movie Is One Of The Best I've Seen in a While.
Teen, 15 years old Written byjake3456 April 9, 2008

Hilarious.

While definitely not appropriate, this movie is still one of the funnies movies I have ever seen. There is nudity, but in a non erotic, comedic way. There's language, but that shouldn't bother everyone. Your review lists the bear roaring as violence. What are you thinking? It's a bear. It roars. Dogs bark. Maybe we should ban Lassie for barking too much. CommONSense is way to conservative in their ratings.
Adult Written byGaryK51188 April 9, 2008

Sucker Punched.

Seeing critic ratings, we thought this would be funny. We wanted to leave, and have read many comments saying the same. The film tried to test how much filth the audience would take before it stopped laughing. It finally sucked the funny out of the room. The audience was the dupe -- people were embarrassed during and leaving the film. I am angry, the hype and the "professional" critics so misled us. What gross spew this was, and we paid to see it!
Adult Written byMissMovieLuver88 April 9, 2008

Very funny, but lost it's consistancey towards the end

couldn't stop laughing all the way through. Definatly one of my favourite comedies that I've seen in a long time. Certainly this is a social,political and comeic genunis no doubt about it. And considering half the people who he interviewed believed that he was making a genuine documentary, it makes one of the best comedies I've seen this year. Once you watch it, you begin to realise just how stupid Americans really are and how the film is taking the mick out of America and, at times, American People. The Jewish joke was one thing that i didn't get and the scene with the femisnists wasnt funny at all. Perhaps towards the end it lost it's comic effect. The film is incredibly offensive at times and rude. I found myself hiding behind a pillow in disguist, but laughing at the same time. So, if you're easily offended, stay away from this! Overall a hilarious comedy which I recomend everyone should see.
Adult Written byCPMeister April 9, 2008

Definetly not for your 13 year old

After much discussion with our 13 and 15 year olds, we decided to take them to see Borat. After all, they watched this comedian on TV, so how bad could it be…It could be plenty bad. There were topics and scenes that I did not want my 13 year old to see. Personally, I did not find any humor in the way many of the American's were portrayed. In fact, I found, in this time of global hostility, it quite embarrassing. Save your $10.50 (in LA); it’s not worth the time or effort.
Adult Written bygill109 April 9, 2008

Side splitting

The funniest movie ive ever seen. People who dont find this film hilarious have a lack of sense of humour. Sacha Cohen Boran is an absolute genius....Best film made this year hands down....BRILLIANT.
Teen, 15 years old Written byelenmadil April 9, 2008
Just a bunch of people fooling around, but still it's a good laugh.
Parent of a 6 and 9 year old Written bymsgphd April 9, 2008

Hilarious satire for adults

This is not a movie for kids!
Adult Written bysarahs mom April 9, 2008

I laughed until I cried

I thought it was pretty hilarious, however I would not take my kids to see it! I laughed from the start of the movie until the end!
Teen, 13 years old Written bynnowgoo April 9, 2008

SO funny

This is by far one of the most hilarious movies ever made. I absolutely loved it! It contains, however, nudity, language, sex talk, and should not be viewed by anyone who can't take an offensive joke. I loved it however
Adult Written byavenueqlover2122 April 9, 2008

it's very funny

i saw it with my kids we all loved it
Teen, 14 years old Written byaliensarepretty April 9, 2008

have you not a sense of humor good parents?

most people review about how awful borat is, and i can't lie, it is TERRIBLE in its content. but its these plainly spoken references to sex and hilariously offensive racial slurs (no im not racist, i believe the best jokes cause you a little pain though) that truly make this movie. first of all, sacha baron cohen does superb character acting, staying true to the character of borat the whole time. second of, its not just advertising that makes us wants to see it, its the scads and heaps and loads and bunches of cultural references we're missing out on. no one wants to hear their best friend quote in an awful kazekh accent "gypsy, give me your tears" without being able to laugh knowlingly with them. but please, refrain from quoteing it. only one person can do the voice, and thats sacha baron cohen. stop trying to be edgy by using his jokes. ok thanks.
Teen, 16 years old Written bycoolkid34 April 9, 2008

If you can handle it..

I thought this movie was hilarious but a note to parents: + Includes two FULL shots of a penis not censored (Full head, shaft, pubes everything) + Two FULLY NUDE men wrestling on a bed and chasing each other in various sex positions including his anus over the others mouse, scrotoms etc. +Racism several uses of f--k and sexism. +Gay pride parade, rubber fist up someones anal hole Thanks.
Teen, 15 years old Written byamazeutwo April 9, 2008

A hilarious flick

Borat! is a film were almost every frame of it is inappropriate.
Adult Written byNYUstudent April 9, 2008
Adult Written byozzi400 April 9, 2008
Teen, 15 years old Written byWay2Dramatic April 9, 2008

High Five!

Borat is definately of the funniest movies I've seen. People think it is horrible because of all the racisim, sexism, homophibia, and anti-semitism, but it's a SATIRE. This is designed to show how steriotypical people can be here, and how it is bad. I'm a girl, and wasn't offended by the sexist remarks. The film seems VERY anti-semetic, but Sacha Baron Cohen is part Jewish, so you know he's not being serious. Not a lot of language here, suprisingly, just a few uses of the f word. The big issue here is sex. Many discussions of it, lots of sexual slang, a photo of a boy, naked (including one of just his penis), and two men wrestling naked on a bed and imitating certain positions. I even had to look away at that part. But it really is funny, just for mature teens and adults.
Adult Written bycoolmandude April 9, 2008

Very Crude!

This movie is very sexual,violent(comic), and it also has language throughout the whole movie. There is also a part where it shows two nude men attack each other for laughs and it is funny but not for kids.
Teen, 17 years old Written byDreamCatcher68 April 9, 2008

Must have a sense of humour.

I saw this in theaters with my father, and we were luaghing our bums off the whole time, even when others were getting offended and leaving early. There is a LOT of nudity, sexual themes, swearing, etc, also a lot of religious slurs/jokes are in here. This is really only for people 15+, who are open-minded and can take a joke. It can be really enjoyable and funny for some, but very offensive for others. Bottom line though: Definately not for children.