All member reviews for Bowling for Columbine

Teen, 15 years old Written byBrando804 August 1, 2010

Must See For All Ages! The Real Truth About The Root Of This Country's Violent Nature!

This film points out that violent things happen not because of violent music, movies, or television; but because of our country's violent history. Officially one of my favorite documentarys next to This Film Is Not yet Rated and Bill Maher's Religulous. I ave also read Michael Moore's books and seen the rest of his films and he is truly brilliant.
Teen, 15 years old Written bylafluer62 March 25, 2010

A compelling documentary about guns, violence, the media, and war. I think this is must see for teens concerned with global issues. As far as content goes, there are some violent images, but nothing worse than what is shown on the news. I don't remember any particular strong language, nothing kids haven't heard before. I think before anyone votes, they should watch this movie. It will make you question your views.
Teen, 13 years old Written bymr socko April 9, 2008

Amazing

this movie is definatley one of the best ive ver seen and was both funny and scary at the same time but i think that michael morre is great in the way he did this film it definetly earned that oscar. Mairlyn manson though creepy raises good point in his interview i think the cartoon was hillarious GREAT MOVIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Teen, 13 years old Written byuhya May 7, 2011

this movie is great and very interesting. some things to worry about are the violence in the film and 5 f-words and a couple uses of f*g. great documentary though.
Teen, 15 years old Written byMansonMarilyn April 19, 2013

Good points!

I'm twelve, and I just watched this movie because I heard what Marilyn Manson said in it (I love Marilyn Manson) and it's really good. I guess I'm kind of into politics, hence why I like Marilyn Manson, so I enjoyed this movie. It brought up really good points. I recommend parents watch this with their kids just to make sure they get what's going on. Don't let Marilyn Manson being in it stop you from letting your kids watch it, he's really intelligent and definitely a better influence than anybody on the radio today *cough* Nicki Minaj *cough*
Teen, 17 years old Written bydavyborn September 15, 2011

Hilarious, Powerful, Heartbreaking and Heart wrenching. This moving documentary is insightful viewing for teens and up

Bowling for Columbine is some sort of masterpiece of a doccumentary, and probably Michael Moore best (and most famous) documentary, in my opinioon. Despite the R Rating, I do believe that this is a very good viewing for most teens young and old, since it depicts the lifestyles of gun lovers and the effects that can happen on people's lives in some of the most tragic of ways. Yes, all of the violence is real, and is often explicit and bloody, and there is some infrequent strong language including 4 F-words and several sexual references, but the main thing here is the violence, which works in the movie's favor since it is what it is about, so that makes sense. A great movie, and very interesting and entertaining for most teens.
Teen, 13 years old Written byWyattopia July 16, 2011

If you have a kid into politics, they need to watch this.

If your kid is into politics, no matter what age, I think they should see this. There are a lot of f words and gory violence, but if you know your kid can handle it, let them watch this movie. Very entertaining and could easily convert a Republican to a Democrat, so be careful.
Teen, 15 years old Written bymoviewatcher2000 May 17, 2011

Teen, 17 years old Written byluvanger October 11, 2009

A fine film, although I don't agree with everything in it.

Teens should watch this film, because it does have some good points, but not everything in it is completely accurate. In an ideal world, we would have no need for guns or violence. But just because truly violent people have guns, it's no reason for others not to. After all, the violent people aren't going to be emotionally compelled to put away their weapons thanks to a Michael Moore documentary, so why should we? If we give up the guns, and they don't, aren't we just giving up our protection? And as for changing gun laws, one of the Columbine killers had the following to say in video footage: "Go ahead and change gun laws. How do you think we got ours?" They broke guns laws and bought their weapons illegally. This is a documentary about violence, so of course it's going to contain violent images, and there's some swearing as well. But even though I didn't always agree with this movie, I think that older teens should still watch it (as well as other films representing the other side) so that they may have their own informed opinion.
Teen, 17 years old Written byoctober1985 July 24, 2009
Teen, 17 years old Written byBestPicture1996 July 25, 2013

Unfortunately relevant

Living in an America where things like Sandy Hook and the Aurora Massacre have happened, "Bowling" was, and probably always will, sadly, stay relevant. Ambushing stars like Heston and Clark was sort of tasteless, but the thoughts that surround you after the movie ends makes up for it. My favorite segment involved Moore with the Canadians, who had no problem sleeping with their doors unlocked, having no fear of their neighbors.
Teen, 15 years old Written bycandylover56 February 19, 2012

A good documentary

Bowling for Columbine was an entertaining and informative documentary. My only major issue was that alot of the information was pretty biased. There are some senes that were somewhat hard to watch and there were swear words aswell. Overall though, an intereting and captivating documentary.
Teen, 16 years old Written bydtlounge7 August 8, 2009

not as bad as they say

a great message. common sense gives it a 17+. i give it a 14+
Kid, 12 years old April 5, 2009

NRA for ever!

It is plainly a movie about the Second Amendment. There is archival footage of the Colombine Massacres, but that is just to prove Moore's point. There is nothing too inappropriate.
Teen, 13 years old Written bylecritic March 23, 2009

One of the Best Documentaries I've ever seen

This didn't deserve an R, but should be close. As for common sense media giving it a 17+ is way off. A very good movie. I'm 13, and I loved it. Everyone should see this movie.
Teen, 14 years old Written byweszu April 9, 2008

Extremely moving

This movie was great! It made me see how there is no reason to have so much gun violence. I love how Michael Moore outsmarts so many people in this movie -- he is great!