All member reviews for Brave

Kid, 12 years old April 8, 2014

Wonderful, I saw it in theatre 3D!!!

This movie may not be disney/pixar's best movie but it definitely one of my faviroute. Despite lots of the bad reviews there are some good ones. I mean have you ever i mean ever known that there is always a villian, animated violence,Magic, and a scary scene/scenes. So if your kid is sensitive Do Not Watch ANY DISNEY MOVIES.
Teen, 13 years old Written byMovieLover1427 March 24, 2014

LEARNING

Some Scary Scenes

There are some scary scenes in Brave for kids but it is a great movie. It is a little more extreme than the rest of the Disney princess movies but that is what is unique about it.
Teen, 14 years old Written bydisneylove February 27, 2014

Good story, GREAT ANIMATION!

Brave is highly appealing to me and tons of kids everywhere. A strong female role model with a highly likable face and personality really adds pizzazz to the story. (Plus, she has an accent!) Despite the scary scenes with Mor'Du, Brave really sends a strong message to kids about mother-daughter love and bonding. The music is really folksy and adorable. But this is nothing compared to the great CGI animation! The best scene, in my opinion, is when Merida and her mother are catching fish in the brook. Absolutely beautiful film- but don't show it to your kids if they are easily frightened. Also, there is some arguing between Merida and her mother that might put some people off.
Kid, 10 years old January 20, 2014

brave

good educational value for kids
Kid, 12 years old January 5, 2014

Fantastic

Fantastic
Kid, 9 years old December 23, 2013

Goodness!

There was a lot of violence in this movie, but I really liked it. But there were some sexual issues like when the guy bumped into the fat lady's boobs, and when the queen was naked. It has a good message, though. Mordo was kinda the scary part. He had all those knives and arrows stuck in him!
Teen, 16 years old Written bydorothyqu December 21, 2013

Great for teens, alright for younger kids

As a teenage girl, I loved the message that Brave expressed. I think that mostly kids older than ten would enjoy it- that's when kids start to develop their individuality and start to disagree with their parents. Younger kids would most likely root for Merida, but they'd be bored with the lack of notoriously evil villains. The theme is relatively serious- Elinor and Merida are a lovely mother-daughter couple until Merida realizes that the proper and prim life as a princess is not for her, and so their relationship is strained. She enjoys being herself and exercising her freedom in the form of riding through the forest and shooting arrows, both of which are unladylike. Younger children would probably not be at odds with their parents and would therefore not understand the idea that the movie tries to convey. It's just about individuality and being brave enough to stand up for yourself- no romance, no inappropriate things. The characters are great role models- they're flawed but understanding, because you don't have to be perfect to be an individual. It has especially great female role models. Both mother and daughter are apt and independent characters who are both stubborn and loving. This film definitely affected me and made me appreciate my mother more, so it's a great refresher for those teens who are so self-involved that they usually don't think of the POV of their parents. They're people too- not just barricades to your freedom.
Teen, 17 years old Written bybobbythebobman December 11, 2013

bleeeeeeeeeeeerg

lol f**k this reviewer this movie is the f**kin ninjalicious BOMB it was funny and informs about the scottish clans
Teen, 17 years old Written byndrwcd November 30, 2013

and ok movie if you want to kill some time,nothing more,nothing less

It was an ok movie,not Pixar' s best movie though,plus it could have used more comedy
Kid, 10 years old September 2, 2013

GREAT MOVIE, GREAT MESSAGES, GREAT ANIMATION, GREAT EVERYTHING!

I don't think it is at all violent, the part the mother-bear fought with Mordu was sweet how she wanted to take care of her daughter and i don't think it is at all scary but some young viewers may be frightened with the Mordu bear. But it has really good messages!
Kid, 10 years old August 19, 2013

Great movie totally not scary

Come on my 7 year old sister loved it she watched every Harry Potter too now she is 8. It is not scary I was laughing.
Kid, 12 years old August 19, 2013

Very good movie.

Good movie. There is some violence with Merida's mom turning into a bear. Also a big demon bear is the scariest part. It comes and attacks the characters in three scenes. Positive messages: Follow your heart and don't let others control you. Educational with learning about Scotland life in medieval times.
Kid, 11 years old August 4, 2013

Very Good

Has mild scary scenes and a bear attack but in all has a good message about family.
Kid, 11 years old July 8, 2013

Brave: BEST BRAVE MOVIE EVER! By: Hermione009

Hello! This is my review on Brave. I will be telling the story, also if I liked it or not. Hope this helps! The Story: Merida is a Scottish Princess with mad archery skills and a firey spirit. She is in rage when she finds out she has to get married. she wins the tournament being held for her own hand, and therefore, can't get married. She runs away from her mother's rage and meets a witch, who turns her mom into a bear. Merida and Mom must find a way to break the curse. Did I like yes: One word. YES! It is the best movie ever not counting the fifth harry potter! I can relate to Merida for many reasons. Pixar is a Genius for coming up with this. Pixar should stop selling their movies thourgh Disney and get their own company! I love this movie! It is a little scary for some people, like my Little Brother, but over all it is amazing! I look forward to more movies like this one! Until The Next Review -Hermione009
Kid, 10 years old June 22, 2013

this movie will give little kids scares

I was nine years old when I saw this movie with my parents in the threatens in 3d and I almost had nightmares literally the scary bear action gave me the heebie newbies and I was scared of elinors bear transformation. And I even almost cried at the end of the movie overall it was good but it would scare some kids. Note not for little children.
Kid, 10 years old May 28, 2013

Not the best movie

Lots of violence and inappropriate scenes. Also I found that the movie gets a little boring near the end.
Teen, 14 years old Written byNASCAR101 May 13, 2013

review says it all

i haven't seen it, and don't want to, since a lot of pixar fans said it wasn't all that good
Kid, 7 years old March 31, 2013

Little bit scary

I am 7 years old and I love this movie. But it was a little scary because of the scary bear. But over all I liked it a lot.
Teen, 17 years old Written byBestPicture1996 March 25, 2013

OK Pixar flick, strong role model

In no way am I knocking the role model that young Merida is for girl's everywhere, a strong princess that doesn't need a boy to satisfy her life. The movie just isn't Pixar standard amazing, it's an average fairy tale with a little twist thrown in, that throws the movie in a whole different direction.
Kid, 11 years old February 24, 2013

Spunky Not Sweet (Nice Twist)

My mom and I loved this movie. It had a lot of adventure and excitement. It was hilarious and a movie you should really watch. I guarantee you will enjoy the spunky not-so-sweet Disney princess.