All member reviews for Brave

Kid, 7 years old January 7, 2013

Fun for Girls

I seen the movie last summer in LA. It was fun and full of actions. I did not like the attitude of the three kids as they were very nutty but fun. I recommend all girls from the age of 4 to 10 to see it let us know your feedback please
Kid, 12 years old December 24, 2012

BRAVE: A daring but still dazzling movie

BRAVE is a great movie, especially in the standards of the timeless Disney-Pixar duo, that shows some of the duo's best takes on innovation yet. The movie has positive messages and role modeling through the face of Merida, plus tons of wild-and-free adventure fueled by motivational music. However, the movie does have its fair share of scariness (*cough*Mor'du*cough*) and even sexuality seen in the nudity scene following the final battle. At times the movie does seem a bit melodramatic just to fit the mood of the scenario, and eventually even I was rolling my eyes when Merida cried for about the millionth time. But besides this, BRAVE is a great movie that shows how you can be a hero and at the same time face a lot of scenarios which could result in major carnage.
Teen, 14 years old Written bybuzzybee December 19, 2012

so heartfelt

i loved this film, it was quirky, funny and very hertfelt at alot of the film. there is quite a bit of violence with the "bear" scenes but i dont think (for a 8+) its tat scary. its manly animated bear fights which doesnt scare me. i watched this with my 7 year old cousin and she really enjoyed it. so i would say you know your child, if they are easily scared then you watch it frist.
Teen, 14 years old Written byironkid21 December 2, 2012

just okay not pixar material

It's just okay. I usually really like pixar and even defended last year's underrated "Cars 2". The first half was a little underwhelming for me but then the second and third halfs I found kind of enjoyable but I don't know what but it just felt like something was missing. Overall, it's just an okay movie that's worth watching and I think you probably might like it better than I did. 5+
Teen, 17 years old Written bydiako feiz November 23, 2012

best

awsome !
Teen, 13 years old Written byThe Cheap Seats November 23, 2012

Change Your Fate

Brave is the next Pixar film and Pixar is back after Cars 2, their worst film. Nice voice acting and some fun adventure scenes. There are some mildly scary scenes but nothing ages seven and up couldn't handle. B+.
Teen, 17 years old Written byTheItalianSensation November 18, 2012

Brave

There is nothing that is scary about this film, besides the fact that it was one of Pixar's weakest films. Disappointing.
Teen, 15 years old Written bysurefoot November 16, 2012

To watch Brave, you need to be brave

Although Brave is marketed as a family-friendly movie, there are some scenes that could terrify even a tween. For a child who has been through some tough times or has nightmares, this movie would not be a good choice. It has a good theme to it of being who you are, standing up for yourself, but a shaky story line and a few sexual moments that would escape younger children but may make uncomfortable sense to a nine year old.
Kid, 9 years old November 8, 2012

look down

I loved this movie when i saw it and thought it was great. It is actually a little intense when (Spoiler) The men try to kill merida's mom after she turns into a bear. there is a little nudity when the boys run to merida's mom. overall this movie is great for kids 8&up. no kids under 5 basically.
Kid, 10 years old November 5, 2012

Brave (2012) - If You Had to Change Your Fate, Would You?,

Throughout Disney-PIXAR's 17-year history, this widely popular film studio has given us some of the most classic animated films, while at times, bringing some minor disappointments. Now, we are introduced to PIXAR's next movie, "Brave", which although is not a terrible movie by any means imaginable, is sadly PIXAR'S weakest film. "Brave" tells the story of a young Princess Merida, who wants to spend the rest of her life shooting arrows, riding horses, and finding her fate, rather than following the rules of her over-protective mother, whom obsessively teaches Merida on becoming a proper princess. After a rough confrontation between mother and daughter, Merida runs deep into the woods to find her fate. I know what you're wondering! You think that this is the start of an exciting adventure film, right? Nope! Instead, she finds her fate right in the middle of the movie, which is rather a potion that she gives to her mother, whom turns into a bear, and the whole movie is Merida trying to turn her mother human again! Yep, that's it. After a strong build-up, and an interesting first act, the movie sadly switches gears from a family-friendly adventure film, to a weird and sappy "kids movie". Although I can't really blame the film for purposely changing it's genre, I do blame the trailers for falsely advertising this movie, but either way, it wouldn't make the film better, though! The way this movie changed it's direction just became a major "let-down". But, not only that, the movie just feels way too cliché for the most part, using the same "mother and daughter" storyline over and over again, which although has a great message behind it, it felt way too recycled and repetitive, after having it used many times in the past. When the movie changes to a goofy kids movie, by having the mother turn into a bear, that is a complete fail on PIXAR's part. But it wasn't all that bad! The animation provided by PIXAR still looks gorgeous as always, the final act was portrayed very nicely, and we get some fine voice talents from Kelly MacDonald as Merida, Emma Thompson as the mother, and Billy Connoly in a scene-stealing voice role as Merida's father who seeks revenge on the bear who took his leg. But the film does have the same cliché story, the message has been used a thousand times before, and this does not have the same "spark" that I found in all of PIXAR's other timeless hits from "Toy Story" to "Finding Nemo". But if this is the movie you crave to see the most, maybe get a rental. "Brave", in my review, "the weakest of Pixar's classics, but good".
Kid, 8 years old November 4, 2012

Agreeing with the parents

I'll have to agree with the parents here. It involves some shooting and some violence, and also some scenes that might scare kids under 9 years old.
Kid, 11 years old October 30, 2012

Brave

It was wonderful, there is some injuries and shooting bow and arrows. This is an adventure about a girl and her mom, who later turns into a bear. They have some big fights with humans that have weapons.
Teen, 14 years old Written bypdllcltbl October 29, 2012

Teen's Movie, not Your Little Princess's

While aesthetically fantastic, I think that Pixar really wasted an amazing setting with their plot. A feisty princess who doesn't want to get married, pushed by her mother, competition in the highland games; there was more room for a espionage trip than a witch hunt. I think this movie should have been marketed to teenager who watched The Hunger Games, rather than younger kids who watched other Disney princess. The plot, while not the most original, is more in the league of Prince of Persia or Pirates of the Caribbean. A majority of the previews basically show the first 20 minutes of the movie, while the rest of the movie is more teen action than kid humor.
Teen, 15 years old Written byComedyKing October 16, 2012

ARE YOU KIDDING ME????

WHY ARE SO MANY PEOPLE GIVING THIS MOVIE BAD RAPS?????!!!!! Forgive me but you must realize, these reviews are ruining the beauty of this movie!!!! Saying things like "Oh this movie is too voilent for kids." "Kids shouldn't watch this movie." This movie is not violent!!! Violence is blood, gore and explosions!! There is no gore in this movie! There is no blood in this movie! Did you people fall asleep during most of the movie and then woke up during the so-call violent scenes or something or were you just not paying any attention to it at all and were too stubborn and worried about it's disturbance or did you just not give it a chance at all? I went to go see this movie with my father once and we sat right next to these three little girls and they didn't think it was scary at all! Infact, they actually liked it and so did their parents! Brave is a great movie and it became one of my favorite movies ever!!! Why are you people ruining that???? Who cares??? Kids aren't even gonna know what any of these elements are anyway till they reach their elementary years!!! (Well, I mean, atleast I didn't even know what these "violent" elements were when I reached my elementary years.) But other than that, JUST GIVE IT A CHANCE!!!!! Gosh!! Strict parenting can be an annoying pain sometimes!!!
Teen, 14 years old Written byArtpigandtad October 5, 2012

Brave, the mediocre Pixar movie.

This movie is pretty Disappointing for a Pixar movie, but, it's a fine movie. It has a wonderful start, and a dumb end. More sexual content then I thought there would be though.
Teen, 15 years old Written byMoviedudde18 September 13, 2012

B

Very well acted, animated and overall made Pixar film, Pixar is back with good movies! cause Cars 2 sucked!
Teen, 13 years old Written byKatie455555555 September 10, 2012

This is PG for a reason...

This was a great movie, but it might be scary for younger kids. Parents, if your kids scare easily, you might want to watch this first. Also, all the sex-related stuff earned it four stars instead of five. The plot would've been perfect if not for that....
Kid, 12 years old September 5, 2012

Brave: You have to be BRAVE to see this movie

This movie is the next greatest pixar movie. I liked this movie. I did think it was VERY scary for younger children. Some scenes includes a giant demon bear popping out of know where, a mother turning into a bear, and some quiet, then jump scenes. Its not terribly scary but know what your taking your child to and know how they fell about those types of thing.
Kid, 9 years old August 24, 2012

My favorite movie!!

Brave was funny, and clever, and kept me guessing to the end.Before I saw it, I thought it would be bad. But it is by far the best movie ever. My little sister loved it as much as I did. Pixar scores yet another home run.
Kid, 10 years old August 19, 2012

Brave

This film is not like any other princess magic fairytale film. It is unique and shows people that you have to take a leap of fait. I loved this film!