All teen and kid member reviews for Brave

Kid, 12 years old August 19, 2013

Very good movie.

Good movie. There is some violence with Merida's mom turning into a bear. Also a big demon bear is the scariest part. It comes and attacks the characters in three scenes. Positive messages: Follow your heart and don't let others control you. Educational with learning about Scotland life in medieval times.
Kid, 11 years old August 4, 2013

Very Good

Has mild scary scenes and a bear attack but in all has a good message about family.
Kid, 11 years old July 8, 2013

Brave: BEST BRAVE MOVIE EVER! By: Hermione009

Hello! This is my review on Brave. I will be telling the story, also if I liked it or not. Hope this helps! The Story: Merida is a Scottish Princess with mad archery skills and a firey spirit. She is in rage when she finds out she has to get married. she wins the tournament being held for her own hand, and therefore, can't get married. She runs away from her mother's rage and meets a witch, who turns her mom into a bear. Merida and Mom must find a way to break the curse. Did I like yes: One word. YES! It is the best movie ever not counting the fifth harry potter! I can relate to Merida for many reasons. Pixar is a Genius for coming up with this. Pixar should stop selling their movies thourgh Disney and get their own company! I love this movie! It is a little scary for some people, like my Little Brother, but over all it is amazing! I look forward to more movies like this one! Until The Next Review -Hermione009
Teen, 15 years old Written byJo86 July 2, 2013

A good movie with a strong and positive message.

Produced by Pixar and released by Walt Disney Pictures, Brave is a story about a mother-daughter relationship. I have to admit that when we watched it in the cinema, it was a little scary and there were some violence and some inappropriate content for young children (therefore I think it is suitable for children ages at least 8 & above), but other than that, it is a good movie with a strong and positive moral.
Kid, 10 years old June 22, 2013

this movie will give little kids scares

I was nine years old when I saw this movie with my parents in the threatens in 3d and I almost had nightmares literally the scary bear action gave me the heebie newbies and I was scared of elinors bear transformation. And I even almost cried at the end of the movie overall it was good but it would scare some kids. Note not for little children.
Teen, 15 years old Written byAnimeIsAwesome808 June 5, 2013

I saw this with my friends, we loved it.

This is a very action packed Pixar film. I love the graphics, the animation, and just everything.
Kid, 10 years old May 28, 2013

Not the best movie

Lots of violence and inappropriate scenes. Also I found that the movie gets a little boring near the end.
Teen, 14 years old Written byNASCAR101 May 13, 2013

review says it all

i haven't seen it, and don't want to, since a lot of pixar fans said it wasn't all that good
Kid, 7 years old March 31, 2013

Little bit scary

I am 7 years old and I love this movie. But it was a little scary because of the scary bear. But over all I liked it a lot.
Teen, 17 years old Written byBestPicture1996 March 25, 2013

OK Pixar flick, strong role model

In no way am I knocking the role model that young Merida is for girl's everywhere, a strong princess that doesn't need a boy to satisfy her life. The movie just isn't Pixar standard amazing, it's an average fairy tale with a little twist thrown in, that throws the movie in a whole different direction.
Kid, 11 years old February 24, 2013

Spunky Not Sweet (Nice Twist)

My mom and I loved this movie. It had a lot of adventure and excitement. It was hilarious and a movie you should really watch. I guarantee you will enjoy the spunky not-so-sweet Disney princess.
Teen, 14 years old Written byironkid21 December 2, 2012

just okay not pixar material

It's just okay. I usually really like pixar and even defended last year's underrated "Cars 2". The first half was a little underwhelming for me but then the second and third halfs I found kind of enjoyable but I don't know what but it just felt like something was missing. Overall, it's just an okay movie that's worth watching and I think you probably might like it better than I did. 5+
Teen, 17 years old Written bydiako feiz November 23, 2012

best

awsome !
Teen, 13 years old Written byThe Cheap Seats November 23, 2012

Change Your Fate

Brave is the next Pixar film and Pixar is back after Cars 2, their worst film. Nice voice acting and some fun adventure scenes. There are some mildly scary scenes but nothing ages seven and up couldn't handle. B+.
Teen, 17 years old Written byTheItalianSensation November 18, 2012

Brave

There is nothing that is scary about this film, besides the fact that it was one of Pixar's weakest films. Disappointing.
Teen, 15 years old Written bysurefoot November 16, 2012

To watch Brave, you need to be brave

Although Brave is marketed as a family-friendly movie, there are some scenes that could terrify even a tween. For a child who has been through some tough times or has nightmares, this movie would not be a good choice. It has a good theme to it of being who you are, standing up for yourself, but a shaky story line and a few sexual moments that would escape younger children but may make uncomfortable sense to a nine year old.
Kid, 9 years old November 8, 2012

look down

I loved this movie when i saw it and thought it was great. It is actually a little intense when (Spoiler) The men try to kill merida's mom after she turns into a bear. there is a little nudity when the boys run to merida's mom. overall this movie is great for kids 8&up. no kids under 5 basically.
Kid, 10 years old November 5, 2012

Brave (2012) - If You Had to Change Your Fate, Would You?,

Throughout Disney-PIXAR's 17-year history, this widely popular film studio has given us some of the most classic animated films, while at times, bringing some minor disappointments. Now, we are introduced to PIXAR's next movie, "Brave", which although is not a terrible movie by any means imaginable, is sadly PIXAR'S weakest film. "Brave" tells the story of a young Princess Merida, who wants to spend the rest of her life shooting arrows, riding horses, and finding her fate, rather than following the rules of her over-protective mother, whom obsessively teaches Merida on becoming a proper princess. After a rough confrontation between mother and daughter, Merida runs deep into the woods to find her fate. I know what you're wondering! You think that this is the start of an exciting adventure film, right? Nope! Instead, she finds her fate right in the middle of the movie, which is rather a potion that she gives to her mother, whom turns into a bear, and the whole movie is Merida trying to turn her mother human again! Yep, that's it. After a strong build-up, and an interesting first act, the movie sadly switches gears from a family-friendly adventure film, to a weird and sappy "kids movie". Although I can't really blame the film for purposely changing it's genre, I do blame the trailers for falsely advertising this movie, but either way, it wouldn't make the film better, though! The way this movie changed it's direction just became a major "let-down". But, not only that, the movie just feels way too cliché for the most part, using the same "mother and daughter" storyline over and over again, which although has a great message behind it, it felt way too recycled and repetitive, after having it used many times in the past. When the movie changes to a goofy kids movie, by having the mother turn into a bear, that is a complete fail on PIXAR's part. But it wasn't all that bad! The animation provided by PIXAR still looks gorgeous as always, the final act was portrayed very nicely, and we get some fine voice talents from Kelly MacDonald as Merida, Emma Thompson as the mother, and Billy Connoly in a scene-stealing voice role as Merida's father who seeks revenge on the bear who took his leg. But the film does have the same cliché story, the message has been used a thousand times before, and this does not have the same "spark" that I found in all of PIXAR's other timeless hits from "Toy Story" to "Finding Nemo". But if this is the movie you crave to see the most, maybe get a rental. "Brave", in my review, "the weakest of Pixar's classics, but good".
Kid, 8 years old November 4, 2012

Agreeing with the parents

I'll have to agree with the parents here. It involves some shooting and some violence, and also some scenes that might scare kids under 9 years old.
Kid, 11 years old October 30, 2012

Brave

It was wonderful, there is some injuries and shooting bow and arrows. This is an adventure about a girl and her mom, who later turns into a bear. They have some big fights with humans that have weapons.