All member reviews for Brave

It was good for kids

It wasn't bad
Kid, 9 years old August 9, 2012

Brave

It was pretty good. Some parts might be scary for younger ones. Some bare butts are shown from young boys and adults, but they're shown for like 5 seconds.
Teen, 16 years old Written byMovied14 August 8, 2012

Brave(2012)

Not one of Pixar's best but really better than the Cars movies but still fun.
Kid, 11 years old August 3, 2012

new for pixar

This movie is very good, but not what you'd expect from Pixar. It has a fair amount of scary scenes and lots of mother-daughter arguments. The overall message is about respecting other people's interests and love, but the main character is pretty wild and disobedient. Not good for people under nine, definitely. It's pretty funny, too, though.
Teen, 17 years old Written byKA movie buff August 3, 2012

Not your typical Pixar originality, but still funny and entertaining with a beautiful Scottish soundtrack.

This movie didn't have the feeling as most pixar movies, or it's originality. But the film is still very funny (slight crude animated humor here and there though) and has some pretty exciting adventure. The animation is also incredible along with a beautiful Scottish soundtrack. It is possible that very little kids (5 and under) may be a little scared by a couple fierce bear scenes. But it was really good time, and to those who didn't like it, "Hey, at least they're working there way back up from Cars 2".
Teen, 14 years old Written byNo Name, for real. July 30, 2012

Kid, 11 years old July 19, 2012

brave

it is boring i watch it and it gets boring exept when helmlock berries are explained those are super poisonous also the only good part was after the credits too much advertisment t merch
Kid, 12 years old July 18, 2012

Don't Bother

I didn't like the movie AT ALL!! It was a great animation but the movie itself was very disappointing.
Kid, 7 years old July 13, 2012

Lots of tears

The mum turns into a bear and the dad tries to kill her and it made my sister and me very sad.
Kid, 10 years old July 13, 2012

BRAVE

this movie is great!!! i don't luv kids animation movies but this was soooo good!!! it may be a little bit scary for kids under the age of 6 but my sister (8) and i loved it!! great mothers day movie
Kid, 12 years old July 12, 2012

Funny with a great message

This movie was great with amazing graphics! It even made me cry some. Now for those parents who said it was terrible MAYBE, you should open your eyes and actually watch the commercial. I bet all you heard was Disney action move, and rated PG. If you hadn't noticed in the commercial there was a huge mean looking bear that that Merida was SHOOTING! I don't care what you say this movie was great.
Teen, 13 years old Written byLAXGIRL July 12, 2012

FYI

I went with my swim team on an outing. I was one of the oldest people there besides the coaches. There were some scenes that I was little scared in and seceral of the little kids told me after that they had to close there eyes because it was so scary for them. That said, I loved it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am very happy that Disney has finally made a princess that holds her own and shows that she does NOT need a husband and she is just as good if not better than the men. A very important lesson for both girls and boys when growing up! I Absolutely would recommend this movie!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Teen, 16 years old Written byanonanonymously July 11, 2012

A Decent Flick.

What this movie lacks in plot is made up through new views that Disney and Pixar have hardly touched upon in many of their other romantic male-dependent movies. We see in Mulan that she is a stronger female role than many other Disney princesses, however she too eventually seeks out romance. Merida however completely pushes away this idea. The animation is utterly brilliant, even in the plain 'ol 2D showing. The plot, while rather bland at times, will keep you interested. There are some frightening moments, however (in my opinion at least) for most children 5+ shouldn't be too upsetting.
Kid, 10 years old July 11, 2012

Nice movie

Nice Movie.. Pixar has done it again =D!! Two Kinda Scary Parts ( In My Opinion ) 1: *KINDA SPOILER ALERT* ;D!! When Merdia Brings Home the cake from the witch and when the queen eats it.. Scary music plays ( like i said.. My opinion ) and she turns into a bear. 2: The prince curse.. The theater is really loud so this part is scary.. Merdia and her mom ( Tha Bear :D) Discover a broken castle. They go in and see a picture of a prince and his family split apart. Merdia remembers the storys Fergus told her.. Then heres the scary part.. SPOILER ALERT!!! She has a flashback of her cutting Her mom out of the picture. She turns around and a bear ( the prince in the picture) Jumps out and roars. I Litterally jumped out of my seat. Sex: In one part ( not really sex.. ) It shows the mens butts but they dont show the " You know what "..Also.. The Maid ( i think.. or was she a cook?) The key is in Her ( YOU KNOW WHAT!! ) And the bears ( Meridas Brothers.. Long story) jump in her ..... Eh.. to much info.. I Reccomend this movie for 10 and up :)
Teen, 13 years old Written bylivi727 July 9, 2012

Defiantly not for little kids!

Brave turned out to be a little scary. (Thanks Disney,now I'm terrified of bears) The first 30 minutes was cute but then it got all dark. I'd say this movie is for kids 10 and up. The ending was nice though.
Kid, 9 years old July 9, 2012

What? 7+? OMG

get yo own copy of this movie it is thumbs up
Kid, 12 years old July 9, 2012

Fantastic!

This was an absolutely fantastic movie with marvelous animation. This movie is hard to describe in words, but I can describe it in one - WOW.
Kid, 11 years old July 8, 2012

Great family movie! A little intense.

This is a great movie that shows a great bond between Marida (the princess) and her mom. I am 10 years old and I found a few scenes quite intense. A little girl in the theater says she had to close her eyes. There is also a couple of scenes with much violence (no gore). The mother and father do have a little bit intense romance moment for a kids movie at the end. Great movie overall! Would love to see it again!
Teen, 13 years old Written bysmartkitty July 6, 2012

super cool

this movie realy scared my four year old cusin but its awsome
Teen, 14 years old Written bymootchnika July 6, 2012

Great Messages!

i think it was a cute movie! even as a teen i liked it! I recommend this movie because it sent a good message to mothers and daughters. One maid showed to much cleavage for kids. She stuck a keydown her shirt and the kids jumped down her shirt as a plan to get the key. except for that, it was an adorable! i think it was a great familymovie for kids and teens of all ages!