All teen and kid member reviews for Brave

Kid, 12 years old August 11, 2012

PARENTS NO OFFENSE YOU ARE ALL SISSIES (except for the others that think it's not scary cause it ISN'T)

PARENTS U ALL ARE SUCH SISSIES MAKING YOUR KIDS SUPER SISSIES THISMOVIE HAS NO SCARY SCENES HAS NOTHING IT'S PG SO QUIET SAYING IT SHOULD BE PG-13, MY GOSH YOU PPL ARE SO ANNOYING UGH. MY PARENTS ON THE OTHER HAND ARE WAY AWESOMER THEY KNOW THE AGES MY BROTHER IS 6 AND HE DIDN'T GET SCARED A BIT MY GOSH SO ANNOYING UUUUUGHHH!!!!!!!
Teen, 14 years old Written bydisneylove February 27, 2014

Good story, GREAT ANIMATION!

Brave is highly appealing to me and tons of kids everywhere. A strong female role model with a highly likable face and personality really adds pizzazz to the story. (Plus, she has an accent!) Despite the scary scenes with Mor'Du, Brave really sends a strong message to kids about mother-daughter love and bonding. The music is really folksy and adorable. But this is nothing compared to the great CGI animation! The best scene, in my opinion, is when Merida and her mother are catching fish in the brook. Absolutely beautiful film- but don't show it to your kids if they are easily frightened. Also, there is some arguing between Merida and her mother that might put some people off.
Teen, 16 years old Written bydorothyqu December 21, 2013

Great for teens, alright for younger kids

As a teenage girl, I loved the message that Brave expressed. I think that mostly kids older than ten would enjoy it- that's when kids start to develop their individuality and start to disagree with their parents. Younger kids would most likely root for Merida, but they'd be bored with the lack of notoriously evil villains. The theme is relatively serious- Elinor and Merida are a lovely mother-daughter couple until Merida realizes that the proper and prim life as a princess is not for her, and so their relationship is strained. She enjoys being herself and exercising her freedom in the form of riding through the forest and shooting arrows, both of which are unladylike. Younger children would probably not be at odds with their parents and would therefore not understand the idea that the movie tries to convey. It's just about individuality and being brave enough to stand up for yourself- no romance, no inappropriate things. The characters are great role models- they're flawed but understanding, because you don't have to be perfect to be an individual. It has especially great female role models. Both mother and daughter are apt and independent characters who are both stubborn and loving. This film definitely affected me and made me appreciate my mother more, so it's a great refresher for those teens who are so self-involved that they usually don't think of the POV of their parents. They're people too- not just barricades to your freedom.
Kid, 10 years old June 30, 2012

Good. I guess...,

A film for the kids and teens! My sister LOVED it. (She is 16). I think it sort of has the same plot as "Brother Bear". A character transforms into a bear, someone tries to kill it, and in the end, they find out the bear is good. This movie also tells moms to stop trying to Change their daughter, and Mirada is a great role model for girls! Worth your money! (Altough, it could've been better.)
Kid, 12 years old June 23, 2012

amazing to wath

I think it would be amazing to watch with kids
Kid, 12 years old July 3, 2014

Fierce is the adjective

The thing about this movie is that it's not violent it's just fierce.It's realy hard to explain...But the animation is wonderful and unlike Tangled which is all colorful and light the Brave concept art is a bit darker and it has much more strong contrasts, you have a felling like it's set in the autumn unlike Tangled which is clearly set in the summer. Wait, Tangled-summer,Brave-autumn,Frozen-winter...I'm seeing a trend here.But let's get back to the subject so there is a bit of sexually intuitive stuff like the cute and chubby maid has very large bosom and a big cleavage (this is purely for mocking the sterotype) and there is one scene at the begining where king Fergus pinches queen Elinor's butt.There is also a scene where we see all the men from the clans butts. As I siad it's not violent just fierce. No swearing and no drugs.
Kid, 7 years old January 7, 2013

Fun for Girls

I seen the movie last summer in LA. It was fun and full of actions. I did not like the attitude of the three kids as they were very nutty but fun. I recommend all girls from the age of 4 to 10 to see it let us know your feedback please
Kid, 12 years old December 24, 2012

BRAVE: A daring but still dazzling movie

BRAVE is a great movie, especially in the standards of the timeless Disney-Pixar duo, that shows some of the duo's best takes on innovation yet. The movie has positive messages and role modeling through the face of Merida, plus tons of wild-and-free adventure fueled by motivational music. However, the movie does have its fair share of scariness (*cough*Mor'du*cough*) and even sexuality seen in the nudity scene following the final battle. At times the movie does seem a bit melodramatic just to fit the mood of the scenario, and eventually even I was rolling my eyes when Merida cried for about the millionth time. But besides this, BRAVE is a great movie that shows how you can be a hero and at the same time face a lot of scenarios which could result in major carnage.
Teen, 14 years old Written bybuzzybee December 19, 2012

so heartfelt

i loved this film, it was quirky, funny and very hertfelt at alot of the film. there is quite a bit of violence with the "bear" scenes but i dont think (for a 8+) its tat scary. its manly animated bear fights which doesnt scare me. i watched this with my 7 year old cousin and she really enjoyed it. so i would say you know your child, if they are easily scared then you watch it frist.
Kid, 9 years old December 7, 2012

This is a movie you might not wanna see unless your child isn't afraid of bears or startling scenes and loud sound.

I liked this movie but my 6 yo brothers got scared so they had to walk out and they have seen gremlins and king kong! Violence: not much violence it is just scary. I dont really have anything else to say about this flick.
Teen, 16 years old Written byMovied14 August 8, 2012

Brave(2012)

Not one of Pixar's best but really better than the Cars movies but still fun.
Kid, 12 years old July 18, 2012

Don't Bother

I didn't like the movie AT ALL!! It was a great animation but the movie itself was very disappointing.
Kid, 11 years old July 8, 2012

Love This Movie

It is a good learning movie but really good!
Kid, 10 years old June 25, 2012

Creepy at points, one sex issue

I'll just tell about the violence. Since at the movie theater the sound is so loud, the part where a bear tries to attack Merida in the story is super creepy and I, being 10, grabbed my mom's arm 'cause I was so freaked out, but it's not as much the picture as it is the sound, but it's the picture and the sound that scared me. I thought it was cute, though, that Merida's bear-formed Mom was always looking out for her, and the end made me want to cry. Not from scariness, but from it being so heartwrenching. The witch isn't creepy at first, but the last encounter with the witch goes from confusing to funny to scary. I think this is pretty dark for a Disney-Pixar movie, and sex is only an issue once, where a little triplet jumps into a woman's bosom to get a key. I found that part kind of funny, but I'm 10. I'm not 6, 7 or 8.
Teen, 14 years old Written bymicky21366 June 22, 2012

best ever

this is the best movis i have ever seen pixar has hit it on the spot
Kid, 11 years old July 4, 2015

Love it!

This shows that even girls can be strong. This is about family and is a MUST for family movie nights.
Teen, 13 years old Written byrainwolf_thunder June 22, 2015

Independent Females

Because this movie is produced by Pixar, it's a lot better than any Disney Princess movie. The main character is strong and independent, and an awesome role model. Unlike Disney movies, there is no romance crap in the film. Plot is exciting and action filled, the musical score is beautiful, and overall great movie.
Kid, 8 years old June 21, 2015

Extremely dark,violent,scary disney movie,is creepy/disturbing.

My rating:PG-13 for intense sequences of fantasy violence, and disturbing sequences of action.
Kid, 12 years old June 10, 2015

It is soo cool!

Brave is really good and it is not very scary at all. (though there is some partial nudity you see mens butts and a cub into a ladies dress) but other than that it was really good.
Kid, 9 years old January 21, 2015

Fantastic!

It has good messages and role models. Although it does have some scary scenes. I think this movie is good for kids between the ages of 7- 9.