All member reviews for Brave

Mother-daughter princess tale has some very scary scenes.

Educator and Parent Written byJared Galczynski May 27, 2014

Merida

My love for Brave can only be implied in the form of one word: Merida.
Kid, 11 years old May 21, 2014

are you kidding me 8??!!

I will agree with the aging if it was real life! but it is animated yes there is a little bit of violence but there is nothing scary about it! Most kids can handle these scene! The movies maybe some weird screens but as long your not 5 i think you should be fine!
Teen, 14 years old Written by Swim3456 May 6, 2014

ok, not really what i was expecting though

Although this had a really cute storyline, some parts of it I thought were kind of pointless. It was a kids movie though… Anyways, it was a pretty good movie, and one to show to your kids (if you have any). The bears in it were pretty adorable :)
Kid, 10 years old April 22, 2014

A good (scottish!) tale- mature themes.

I loved the will' o 'the wisps but is a slightly scary concept. Although I do have some problems with this film. After turning into a bear, the queen gets to large for her cloths, which rip beyond repair. When the queen turns back into a human at the end (oh! Sorry for the spoiler...) she is not wearing anything, although, being covered by a cloth, that is excusable. The father just looks in stead of doing anything which makes it slightly worse. When Merida is locked in a room, she asks her little brothers to help her get the key, which the idiotic maid stuffed down her shirt. The boys saw that simplest way to get the key was take the leap of faith... into her bosom! Mature humor, for a disney movie. I loved this movie, but the bear is also quite scary, with arrows an weapons stuck into the flesh. A scary film, but delightfully so, thanks for reading, Gothilocks
Kid, 12 years old April 8, 2014

Wonderful, I saw it in theatre 3D!!!

This movie may not be disney/pixar's best movie but it definitely one of my faviroute. Despite lots of the bad reviews there are some good ones. I mean have you ever i mean ever known that there is always a villian, animated violence,Magic, and a scary scene/scenes. So if your kid is sensitive Do Not Watch ANY DISNEY MOVIES.
Teen, 13 years old Written byMovieLover1427 March 24, 2014

LEARNING

Some Scary Scenes

There are some scary scenes in Brave for kids but it is a great movie. It is a little more extreme than the rest of the Disney princess movies but that is what is unique about it.
Teen, 14 years old Written bydisneylove February 27, 2014

Good story, GREAT ANIMATION!

Brave is highly appealing to me and tons of kids everywhere. A strong female role model with a highly likable face and personality really adds pizzazz to the story. (Plus, she has an accent!) Despite the scary scenes with Mor'Du, Brave really sends a strong message to kids about mother-daughter love and bonding. The music is really folksy and adorable. But this is nothing compared to the great CGI animation! The best scene, in my opinion, is when Merida and her mother are catching fish in the brook. Absolutely beautiful film- but don't show it to your kids if they are easily frightened. Also, there is some arguing between Merida and her mother that might put some people off.
Kid, 10 years old January 20, 2014

brave

good educational value for kids
Kid, 12 years old January 5, 2014

Fantastic

Fantastic
Kid, 9 years old December 23, 2013

Goodness!

There was a lot of violence in this movie, but I really liked it. But there were some sexual issues like when the guy bumped into the fat lady's boobs, and when the queen was naked. It has a good message, though. Mordo was kinda the scary part. He had all those knives and arrows stuck in him!
Teen, 17 years old Written bybobbythebobman December 11, 2013

bleeeeeeeeeeeerg

lol f**k this reviewer this movie is the f**kin ninjalicious BOMB it was funny and informs about the scottish clans
Teen, 17 years old Written byndrwcd November 30, 2013

and ok movie if you want to kill some time,nothing more,nothing less

It was an ok movie,not Pixar' s best movie though,plus it could have used more comedy
Kid, 10 years old September 2, 2013

GREAT MOVIE, GREAT MESSAGES, GREAT ANIMATION, GREAT EVERYTHING!

I don't think it is at all violent, the part the mother-bear fought with Mordu was sweet how she wanted to take care of her daughter and i don't think it is at all scary but some young viewers may be frightened with the Mordu bear. But it has really good messages!
Kid, 10 years old August 19, 2013

Great movie totally not scary

Come on my 7 year old sister loved it she watched every Harry Potter too now she is 8. It is not scary I was laughing.
Kid, 12 years old August 19, 2013

Very good movie.

Good movie. There is some violence with Merida's mom turning into a bear. Also a big demon bear is the scariest part. It comes and attacks the characters in three scenes. Positive messages: Follow your heart and don't let others control you. Educational with learning about Scotland life in medieval times.
Educator and Parent of a 9 year old Written byDiane Main August 8, 2013

Positive messages abound

The CSM review says that Merida is not a typical Disney princess because the plot doesn't revolve around her romance. I think it's more significant than that. The story begins with a traditional pairing-up in the works, and the characters decide (not all at once) to turn that idea on its ear, and they even question the notion that a woman's place is with a husband. Merida isn't a tomboy; she's a young woman who enjoys the outdoors and physical activity, and she gets to be pretty and feminine while she excels at these adventures. I think that is a great role model for girls and boys alike, and one I wish I had in the media when I was growing up. Add to that the moral of the story which is to be careful what you wish for, and you've got a great movie for the whole family.
Kid, 11 years old August 4, 2013

Very Good

Has mild scary scenes and a bear attack but in all has a good message about family.
Parent of a 8 and 10 year old Written byEdnaMode August 3, 2013

Good funny movie...

Maybe for 9+ if your kids are more sensitive. There are some scary scenes with the bears. Everything else is very funny. Slightly educational if you consider the history of Scotland and the clans.
Kid, 11 years old July 8, 2013

Brave: BEST BRAVE MOVIE EVER! By: Hermione009

Hello! This is my review on Brave. I will be telling the story, also if I liked it or not. Hope this helps! The Story: Merida is a Scottish Princess with mad archery skills and a firey spirit. She is in rage when she finds out she has to get married. she wins the tournament being held for her own hand, and therefore, can't get married. She runs away from her mother's rage and meets a witch, who turns her mom into a bear. Merida and Mom must find a way to break the curse. Did I like yes: One word. YES! It is the best movie ever not counting the fifth harry potter! I can relate to Merida for many reasons. Pixar is a Genius for coming up with this. Pixar should stop selling their movies thourgh Disney and get their own company! I love this movie! It is a little scary for some people, like my Little Brother, but over all it is amazing! I look forward to more movies like this one! Until The Next Review -Hermione009
Teen, 15 years old Written byJo86 July 2, 2013

A good movie with a strong and positive message.

Produced by Pixar and released by Walt Disney Pictures, Brave is a story about a mother-daughter relationship. I have to admit that when we watched it in the cinema, it was a little scary and there were some violence and some inappropriate content for young children (therefore I think it is suitable for children ages at least 8 & above), but other than that, it is a good movie with a strong and positive moral.