All member reviews for Brave

Mother-daughter princess tale has some very scary scenes.

Parent of a 8 and 10 year old Written byEdnaMode August 3, 2013

Good funny movie...

Maybe for 9+ if your kids are more sensitive. There are some scary scenes with the bears. Everything else is very funny. Slightly educational if you consider the history of Scotland and the clans.
Kid, 11 years old July 8, 2013

Brave: BEST BRAVE MOVIE EVER! By: Hermione009

Hello! This is my review on Brave. I will be telling the story, also if I liked it or not. Hope this helps! The Story: Merida is a Scottish Princess with mad archery skills and a firey spirit. She is in rage when she finds out she has to get married. she wins the tournament being held for her own hand, and therefore, can't get married. She runs away from her mother's rage and meets a witch, who turns her mom into a bear. Merida and Mom must find a way to break the curse. Did I like yes: One word. YES! It is the best movie ever not counting the fifth harry potter! I can relate to Merida for many reasons. Pixar is a Genius for coming up with this. Pixar should stop selling their movies thourgh Disney and get their own company! I love this movie! It is a little scary for some people, like my Little Brother, but over all it is amazing! I look forward to more movies like this one! Until The Next Review -Hermione009
Teen, 15 years old Written byJo86 July 2, 2013

A good movie with a strong and positive message.

Produced by Pixar and released by Walt Disney Pictures, Brave is a story about a mother-daughter relationship. I have to admit that when we watched it in the cinema, it was a little scary and there were some violence and some inappropriate content for young children (therefore I think it is suitable for children ages at least 8 & above), but other than that, it is a good movie with a strong and positive moral.
Kid, 10 years old June 22, 2013

this movie will give little kids scares

I was nine years old when I saw this movie with my parents in the threatens in 3d and I almost had nightmares literally the scary bear action gave me the heebie newbies and I was scared of elinors bear transformation. And I even almost cried at the end of the movie overall it was good but it would scare some kids. Note not for little children.
Teen, 15 years old Written byAnimeIsAwesome808 June 5, 2013

I saw this with my friends, we loved it.

This is a very action packed Pixar film. I love the graphics, the animation, and just everything.
Parent of an infant and 1 year old Written byAlicia Kimberly June 2, 2013

Scary

Definitely too scary for young children. I loved this movie so much when I saw it in the theater, I immediately bought it when it came out and watched it with my almost 2 year old who loves Disney movies. But the bear gave her bad dreams that night. Wonderful story for older children and adults!
Kid, 10 years old May 28, 2013

Not the best movie

Lots of violence and inappropriate scenes. Also I found that the movie gets a little boring near the end.
Parent Written byRileysPapa May 24, 2013

Liked it.

Has some mild violence and the bears may be scary to some kids.
Teen, 14 years old Written byNASCAR101 May 13, 2013

review says it all

i haven't seen it, and don't want to, since a lot of pixar fans said it wasn't all that good
Adult Written bySTRIDER9 April 7, 2013

Not for kids

I don't think this is a really good kid movie. Several times boys are in the nude.
Kid, 7 years old March 31, 2013

Little bit scary

I am 7 years old and I love this movie. But it was a little scary because of the scary bear. But over all I liked it a lot.
Teen, 17 years old Written byBestPicture1996 March 25, 2013

OK Pixar flick, strong role model

In no way am I knocking the role model that young Merida is for girl's everywhere, a strong princess that doesn't need a boy to satisfy her life. The movie just isn't Pixar standard amazing, it's an average fairy tale with a little twist thrown in, that throws the movie in a whole different direction.
Kid, 11 years old February 24, 2013

Spunky Not Sweet (Nice Twist)

My mom and I loved this movie. It had a lot of adventure and excitement. It was hilarious and a movie you should really watch. I guarantee you will enjoy the spunky not-so-sweet Disney princess.
Parent Written byZJGreen February 5, 2013

Very Scary Bear Scenes

My 8 year old daughter is new to movies. We don't watch television at home and have only recently introduced a 'Family Friday Film Night'. She loves Fridays and will pretty much watch anything but she couldn't finish this one. It was too scary for her. The bear scenes were WAY TOO intense. The rest of the movie was enjoyable and exciting. The music was fun and the princess was brave and true - a good role model compared to the typical Disney heroines who seem to seek only their prince.
Parent of a 9 year old Written bycutiegirlmom January 18, 2013

Amazing but a little frightening for little kids

Merida is a good role model and the movie is great. There are a few scary parts involving the bear. One time, when the mom is a bear, she growls at Merida which might frighten younger children. The true meaning in the end is a lovely mother daughter relationship.
Parent Written bylet kids be kids January 13, 2013

Scary on big screen, toned down on small screen.... how small is your screen?

Big screen scary is toned down on small screen, provided you have one- a small screen, that is. 8 year old girls were horrified by dad hunting mom, I have to say, moms were shocked that is where they went with the story. From the looks of most of the faces in the theatre- yes we looked, horror, was the message. We did watch it again on dvd which did tone down the horrible scenes. See how scary scenes overtones the rest of the story.
Parent Written byaimless1 December 29, 2012

Scary and not that great.

My 7 year old thought this movie was too scary. I was disappointed in the story line, it did not keep my attention and I kept waiting for it to get better. I was really glad I did not bring my 4 year old to the movie. There were kids crying in the theatre at some points. My 7 year old said she thought it was ok but never wanted to see it again.
Educator and Parent Written bysb_9023 December 24, 2012

Really Pixar?

-___- Pixar what happened to you? you defined my childhood with "Finding Nemo" & "Toy Story" but this was plain out horrible. from crude dark humor and farting knights? this movie will leave you disappointed with pixar.
Parent Written byMiamiMom8 December 21, 2012

SCARY!!

I missed most of this movie because it scared my 5 year old so much we had to leave the theater. My 7 year old liked it, but he was very scared as well and only liked it at the end once the story was resolved. REALLY disappointing to have that much dark, realistic violence in a movie marketed to young children!!
Teen, 14 years old Written bybuzzybee December 19, 2012

so heartfelt

i loved this film, it was quirky, funny and very hertfelt at alot of the film. there is quite a bit of violence with the "bear" scenes but i dont think (for a 8+) its tat scary. its manly animated bear fights which doesnt scare me. i watched this with my 7 year old cousin and she really enjoyed it. so i would say you know your child, if they are easily scared then you watch it frist.