Great parkour, cartoonish violence in dumb remake.

Adult Written byjoshua martinez April 25, 2014

13 and up.

brick mansions is a great action/adventure movie stars with the remembering actor from the fast and the furious movies paul walker who will be remember in our hearts fans of paul walker will surely enjoy this movie but only for your teens and parents you need to know that brick mansions has some intense violence mixed in with some strong language and some drinking, smoking and drugs seen such as cocaine, whisky and cigarettes.
Adult Written bySlaidlaw April 25, 2014

Best Parkour of 2014!!!! But Iffy language.

I thought the movie was amazing but, it had quite a bit of language in it. My son does Parkour and he loves it. It was also the first time I saw David Belle (the traceur who was one of the ones who founded parkour).
Teen, 15 years old Written byManOfMidNights April 27, 2014

A great turn-your-brain-off movie

This movie is, as I do wish many other action movies would be, a non-stop joyride of nonsensicalness that ultimately is very fun to watch. The fast, somewhat-choppy edits, although considered by critics as crap, give you a fun adrenaline rush, and the fighting/parkour action is very pleasing to the eye.The main characters can be quite stupid and somewhat irrational in their decisions, but it always seem to work in the good guys' favor to a degree (mainly because the enemies are just as irrational) and creates nice situations that open the gate up to . . . get this . . . MORE ACTION! --------------- Ok. This really is a nice movie if you go in with high expectations aBut what about the kids? Well . . . it's pretty iffy for any age, really. I just picked 14 because I know that any 14 year old can handle it. The thing is . . . some parents might not want to show this movie to their kids. The movie is rated PG-13, but the only reason is that they cut down on the language (and vulgar symbols involving your hands) just enough and took the violence factor down indefinitely by including a ton of action and fighting and gunplay (which is most of the less violent Arnold Schwarzenegger in a nutshell right there) with hardly any blood (and there goes the Arnold factor). Still, this movie does have a lot of gunplay and fighting that really make it feel like an R-rated movie, so be warned. ----------------- If you're uncomfortable with your kids watching drug trade or gangster themed material, steer clear. There is a ton of drug-related factors in it, but all of it has to do with selling it. I don't think a single scene was ever dedicated to showing somebody using it (much less going The Wolf of Wall Street on it), but a lot of scenes show bags of it (there are also a few scenes with the stuff flying around or getting dumped). --------------- Don't worry too much about sexual content unless you can't handle even traces of it. There is this one character that is a black (no racism intended) woman with a really skimpy outfit (the kind you would see banging on the glass in Hardcore Pawn) that really wants to torture on of the main characters in ways that draw attention to sexual areas (tearing the woman's higher blouse buttons off with a knife and then scraping her neck with it, all the while referring those activities as "playing"). Don't expect to see any nudity, but some suggestions of perversion in the very beginning may be noticed (it gets lost pretty quickly, though). This shouldn't be a big concern. ------------------ The language is OK. Nothing kids have never heard of. Again, this IS technically PG-13. The language is very crude for PG-13, but PG-13 nonetheless. Ultimately, a great movie to turn your brain off for. One that younger kids should be kept from, but anybody above 14 could handle. Still, some parents may want to keep their 14 year olds (and maybe even 15) away just because of how close it is to resembling an adult-only action movie. Also, the message by the end is great, but that shouldn't be a deciding factor. I could just as easily say that Elysium's message was great, but would you really go "HEY KIDS! Wanna go see ELYSIUM? Good morals, I hear, are guaranteed!" NO! ----------------------------------- LASTLY . . . RIP: Paul Walker. I'm sorry I didn't hear earlier, but the "In Loving Memory Of" at the end successfully ruined my day ):
Educator and Parent Written byjohnswanson October 26, 2014

Great action movie, but violence and language abound.

This movie is an exciting action film that stars Paul Walker, and the founder of Parkour, David Belle. If you love chase scenes, then this movie is definitely for you. I would disagree with Common Sense Media that language is rare, because profanity is spoken throughout, so if you are sensitive about language with your kids, then avoid this one. Also, there is some pretty rough violence. While no blood is shown (thus keeping their PG-13 rating), it is still extremely violent so if you are sensitive to the amount of violence your kids see, again avoid this one. While drugs are shown, they are only shown in the context of being bad.
Parent of a 11 year old Written byedklat September 20, 2014
Parent Written byhelpinghand April 25, 2014

Hits you again and again for 83 mins

Very entertaining and fun movie, There is very little sexual content, 1 F word, high body count with a lot of violence but very limited amount of blood.
Teen, 16 years old Written byStevie111 April 25, 2014
Very fun movie with good twists and action sequences. Frequent strong brutal violence. This movie is only pg-13 because there is no blood. 1 f-bomb, 1 n-word, and themes of sexual menace. Drugs are seen in large quantities. The movie is quite good, but for mature teens only. There are also some good messages about equality, though don't go to the movie based on them, they aren't very strong, but they are there
Adult Written byTedlink January 10, 2016

Pure crapola

Don't know how much lame stuff you can stuff into a movie but this one is FULL
Parent Written byHootiesWifey November 12, 2015

Not PG-13

Filthy language all throughout the movie. Tons of violence. It's not even a good movie. Looks like it was a low budget. Definitely not a movie for 13/14 in my opinion, but I don't like bad language.
Kid, 8 years old May 15, 2015

Great parkour in dumb, stupid remake, Paul Walker deserves better.

My rating R for: strong violence, language throughout, and risqué content.