All member reviews for Bride Wars

Wedding comedy amuses but has inconsistent messages.

Teen, 13 years old Written bybebefefe November 10, 2011

It was good but not for kids!

Overall, great movie to see with your girlfriends. But if you're thinking of letting your child watch it, think twice! The movie is overall not that inappropriate but there was a lot of drinking which doesn't seem to be a problem if you're kids are already around that or if it's okay to watch it.But the language is on and off, some of the actors may use words that for you are not okay for your children to hear, and the bachlorette party scene was not okay for kids to see in my opinion. But have fun with your friends and watch it with them!
Adult Written bysmartmom2879 March 6, 2009

No appropriate for tweens

I took my 12 yr old daughter to see this and it was the most embarrassed I have ever been. It was a cute movie till the bachellorette scene. Men dancing around in hot shorts with dollar bills haning out. Drinking and swinging on stripper ropes. Provokitive dancing, dress, and actions. That 5 minute scene ruined the whole movie.
Adult Written bynutmeg_7 July 19, 2009

Shouldn't Be PG

I personally thought it was adorable, nonetheless fairly predictable...Although it should not have been rated PG. The dance scene at the bar and the bachelorette party stripper are not kid-friendly.
Adult Written byyellowmom January 10, 2009

Fun for a girl's night out, but not a kid!

This movie made my friend and I laugh, but I sure wouldn't take kids. Unless you're ready to explain to them why the male dancers are stripping, the female is swinging from a rope and they are grinding together, I wouldn't bring anyone under 15 for sure. I really question the PG rating. There are just a couple of swear words, but enough drinking that would make me uncomfortable to have a young person along.
Teen, 14 years old Written byStevie111 March 10, 2012

Mature pg romantic comedy

Mild language. Sensuality and suggestive dancing. A club scene where they have a dance-off on-stage
Teen, 13 years old Written byLoveOwenWilson September 10, 2010

girls from 13- women!! it's cute!!

LOVE this petty movie...it's funny, cute and just fun!! Like Kate Hudson and Anne Hathaway so it was amusing to see them both be so crazy about that hotel....overall i give it a thumbs up!!! toatlly a girly *hug hug* movie...awww!!!
Parent of a 9, 13, and 15 year old Written bychrisakeith January 13, 2009

Funny but should this only be PG?

A funny movie. I thought Anne Hathaway was a more believable character than Kate Hudson but they played off of each other pretty well. Overall, the movie was enjoyable. I was disturbed for the 2nd time lately that I had taken my 9 year old son. Since when is "Mother-F" and "G-damn" in PG movies? I also don't remember the male strippers in The Chronicals of Narnia, Speed Racer, Kung Fu Panda or Journey to the Center of the Earth, all PG movies. Marley and Me and now Bride Wars has changed what PG movies now represent. Be careful if you have young children and think this movie will be appropriate because it is PG.
Written byAnonymous March 1, 2014

Not a typical wedding movie

Interesting characters and funny situations. Lots of 'finding who you are' and learning to appreciate those around you etc, however the way the two marriages work out is unique and there is a great ending. A good chick flick.
Teen, 15 years old Written byrabbitraiser January 4, 2014

Very fun movie

I thought it was funny and even though it didn't necessarily teach any life lessons or have too many "positive messages" it was just a funny and pointless film that made me laugh. There are some inappropriate/adult parts that aren't too over the top but perhaps a little more than need be. Overall a funny movie that I would recommend for mature pre-teens and up.
Kid, 11 years old January 4, 2014

Iffy.

Bride Wars is okay but it contains: Violence = There are two moderate scenes of violence which is comedic. A person describes how she'd like to kill someone else graphically. 3/10 Language = A woman says 'mothereff.' B**ch, s**t, c**p, fri**ing, fri**ing, and b****y. Frequent uses of all the words listed above. 7/10 Sex = Lots of mild sexual innuendos. There is a scene set at a strip club, which involves sexual nudity, brief lap dancing scenes, inappropriate dancing & brief sexual sex. A girl undresses on camera. 7/10 Drinking, Drugs & Smoking = There is a video of a girl drunk, making out with a boy and undressing while snorting something (we do not know what she is snorting, but it is most probably cocaine.) This scene is brief. 6/10 Overall = 23/40. Very graphic for a PG.
Parent Written byMusic/Movies July 25, 2013

Some mild sexual scenes, drinking and language - but clean for tweens

Sex: *There are some male strippers but they only remove shirts and pants to reveal shorts. *Women and men dance sexually, some in bras and skimpy outfits. *There are some couples that kiss a few times, but the kisses don't last long. *Engaged couples sleep together and cuddle. *A dance teacher says he brings sex. ----- Violence: *Two brides fight for about thirty seconds. They toss and turn but nobody is harmed ----- A use of "eff" but not the actual F word, three b*tches, and some milder stuff ------ Couples drink wine and girls drink at bars, but nobody ever gets drunk or drinks too much
Kid, 11 years old February 24, 2013

I liked it

I liked this and so did my friend and little sister. my sister is 9 and we are 11 and 12 and i think it is good and funny for these ages.
Teen, 13 years old Written bybloomyblue1 May 14, 2012

Awesome movie! PG-13

Hmm .. its good enough for teenagers! not younger than that!
Teen, 14 years old Written byj10a1 April 21, 2012

Great movie

Kid, 12 years old December 24, 2011

Iffy

Bad role models, selfish messages, and too much product placement makes this movie a difficult bump in the media road. It is a funny flick, but is overcome by bad messages. I watched it in 3rd grade (WAY to young), and had trouble processing what was happening. I look upon it like an over complicated catfight of a commercial. If your looking for a funny marrige movie, go with the proposal. That ones WAY better.
Parent Written byStepMomSterToo July 16, 2011

Ugh...

Pointless chick flick. Not for younger girls and boys will flee. I just don't see the point in teaching petty, ridiculous, selfish behavior that is displayed by two over-dramatic, caricatures of women.
Kid, 12 years old July 5, 2011

Funny but stupid.

It was a pretty mediocre movie - nothing too special. It was quite funny. The sexual behavior wasn't that bad, but there was a stripper in the bachelor party and women dance in a provocative but no intense sex scenes happen. There is a funny cat fight scene which I laughed at openly. I was watching this with a few classmates and they were all like 'PUNCH HER!'. The drinking is moderate but the brides and their friends get drunk at the bachelor party. The language is pretty mild. Overall, this is a funny but stupid movie.
Kid, 10 years old June 24, 2011

bride wars rocks

it is brilliant and will never no be good it is a true love stoy and that is what some people at the age of 10 like me like to be prepared for later in life when i watch more romantic one's when i am in my 30's!
Adult Written byhelenmirrenrox May 26, 2011

bw

Swears B----, a--, mother eff, and some loud yells A woman jumps on a nother and wrestle a man says sex, some bad dance moves and kisses and bras podect placement dresses drinking people being sabitoged, but they make up
Kid, 11 years old May 7, 2011

I saw this movie with my friend , on DVD just one bad word and and 1 odd scene but still an ok movie for kids 10+ but when we where watching her 7 year old sister was watching it and we where fine with it so...