All member reviews for Bridge to Terabithia

Teen, 15 years old Written byChristian_girl March 13, 2010

The Stupidest Movie I've Ever Seen (Besides Transformers 2)

Who in the world said this movie has good role models? Who in the world said it was good? Who in the world says it was educational? Who in the world wrote this movie? Who in the world wrote the book? I'm gonna give you the lowdown on the whole movie, beginning to end: the movie starts out when a boy, about 10, goes to a new school and makes a friend who is a girl. Not girlfriend, just girl, although the girl may have had a crush on the boy, there's nothing I remember that indicates one or the other. There are bullies at their school that the kids never (without violence) stand up to. The filmakers give false advertising to say this movie has magical creatures in it. In actuality, the creatures are just imagined by the two kids when they swing across a river on a maybe 50-year-old rope, and those sequences only last about two minutes or less. The monsters act like the school bullies, etc. That's how they deal with bullies: they run away. After class, the boy watches his teacher, maybe 25 years older than he is, walk to her car with a dumbfounded look on his face, "My, she's pretty. I want to marry her right now." The teacher returns this gesture by calling him up and asking him if he wants to visit an art gallery or something of the like. If I remember correctly, she refers to it as a kind of field trip. But she told the kid they'd be the only two on the trip. The kid runs away in the afternoon to go on a date with his favorite teacher. The teacher drives the kid home safe and sound, then his parents come running out of the house, "Where were you? We had the whole state after you. By the way, that girl you mentioned. She died today. Yep, washed down a river." The End. The morals: If a school bully messes with you, either run away or punch him in the face and be sure not to tell your parents. If you find a rickety old rope, swing across it and hope it doesn't snap. It's okay to have a crush on your teachers when you're ten years old, or anyone for that matter. (heaven help the kid when he's older.) If your teacher calls you and asks if you want to go somewhere alone, eagerly say yes and, again, make sure your parents don't know. Now, what do you think of these morals? Very good, aren't they? And you can learn a lot from this movie. But only if, before you watch it, you tell your kids, "Never do anything you see people do in this movie."
Teen, 15 years old Written byOGORMAN January 16, 2011

An extroardinary adaptation from Katherine Patterson's novel.

In the words of Leslie: "Close your eyes, and keep your mind wide open." These words portray a good message. Keep yourself open to all possibilities, nothing is impossible if you set all your efforts to it. This movie was a perfect adaptation of the classic book. Josh Hutcherson and Anna Sophia Robb are talented actors who played their parts extremely believably. I have no complaints about this movie.
Teen, 13 years old Written byPEMDAS May 15, 2011

Teen, 13 years old Written bytweeni February 21, 2010

R-E-A-L-L-Y sad!

(spoiler alert!) REALLY sad! leslie dies, which is a real shocker. the movie seems kid-friendly at first, but it kinda turns around after her death. i was amazed at the nerve moviemakers have putting such a tragic death in a kid movie. apart from that, ok, but it can get confusing.
Teen, 13 years old Written by9001 March 7, 2010

Iffy for ages 9-10

I saw this movie when I was little, it made me cry.
Teen, 13 years old Written byNoseStuckInABook April 21, 2010

Good movie adapation...tearjerker.

If you're one of those people who need their movies really close to the book, you may not like this movie. It plays heavy on the fantasy. But if you don't mind too much, you'll love this movie. It's touching and really well done in my mind. I've seen it several time, but I still die every time Leslie dies. Her death is offscreen, but it's still pretty upsetting.
Teen, 14 years old Written bymkalv February 1, 2009

Sad, but nice.

I have heard people say that this film is for fans of Narnia. I don't agree. Narnia is a fantasy/action. This movie is a fantasy story involving school and drama. I liked it, but most kids won't.
Kid, 12 years old July 1, 2010

Really Good Movie

This movie is a great way to show kids using their imaginations, and there is no limit to what these kids can dream up. Viewers can sometimes relate to the children having school problems, like having no friends, or a class bully. This is also a great movie that shows friendship. However, there are a few sad moments, the biggest easily being one of the main characters dwowning in a river. And evil creatures the kids believe are there(But really not). I thought this movie was really good, with a great message. Overall, a very touching movie.
Kid, 10 years old December 6, 2010

Good movie :)

I love this movie and the book though it's really sad. I said 8 and up because some kids get really sad. If there's a muture 6 year old though then go for it!
Kid, 12 years old May 9, 2011

Kids of all ages!

GreatMovie, Extremely sad Ending (didnt like that) It has some bullying but other than that... GREAT MOVIE!
Teen, 15 years old Written byarthur16morgana January 14, 2011

sweet movie

i love this movie.its sweet but it was sad when the girl died.i saw it in theaters with my dad. he said he doesnt like it because the girl died.
Teen, 13 years old Written byThreeDaysGracesGirl November 3, 2010

This movie... was so good. I cannot stress that enough.
Kid, 11 years old May 19, 2011

O.K

i like the book ,but the movie is way better.i wish the ending was not so sad . i think the dad is to mean in the begining. but he is nice at the end.over all a good movie.
Kid, 10 years old April 22, 2011

I thought it was a pretty good movie. Nothing that scary at all. Great family movie
Kid, 11 years old October 17, 2011

cry a river, build a bridge, get over it to terabithia

One of the best fantasy movies you, or your kids, will see. After reading a majority of the novel behind this movie, I was skeptical if this movie would actually be fantastical OR dramatic. But I got one heck of a show with Mr. Csupo behind the magic, one with amazing visual effects, one with adventure, one with drama, and one with a heart that gives it the best feeling of all: ultimate friendship. With the main ensemble being stars you already love (AnnaSophia Robb, Bethany Hamilton in SOUL SURFER, as Leslie, for instance), Terabithia is an easy movie to enjoy. I paused this movie because it has some fantastical monsters in it that may not appeal to younger ages, such as troll monsters and a dark figure that seems to have scissor blades for hands, (check please Johnny Depp) that really turns out to be Jess's father. The movie has some slight profanity in it, as light as "hell" and that's pretty much it. Leslie's death is way more of a triggering effective than it was in the book, which enhances the saying that this movie really makes an enhancement off its source material, almost like how Pokemon games endlessly reconstruct one another, such as how Red and Blue enhanced into HeartGold and SoulSilver. The main point is, despite some scary monsters, this movie is a must-see that really makes you leave knowing a message that much better.
Teen, 13 years old Written bySeminolefreak March 25, 2011

Love the book and movie

My MPAA Rating, PG: Thematic elements, bullying, violence and peril, language
Kid, 11 years old March 3, 2011

i was so sad when leslie died... this movie is so very educational and good, i wanna watch it again...
Teen, 13 years old Written bybkid February 6, 2011

Kid, 10 years old July 4, 2011

get ready to cry

I saw it with my mom and my sister, we all got tears in our eyes when we heard that leslie died, beautiful movie anyway.
Kid, 11 years old July 23, 2013

Amazing Movie!

Leslie's death is like, the point of the movie! This movie teaches kids about death, that it happens, and it can happen to kids, and how to deal with it.