All teen and kid member reviews for Bridge to Terabithia

Teen, 15 years old Written byChristian_girl March 13, 2010

The Stupidest Movie I've Ever Seen (Besides Transformers 2)

Who in the world said this movie has good role models? Who in the world said it was good? Who in the world says it was educational? Who in the world wrote this movie? Who in the world wrote the book? I'm gonna give you the lowdown on the whole movie, beginning to end: the movie starts out when a boy, about 10, goes to a new school and makes a friend who is a girl. Not girlfriend, just girl, although the girl may have had a crush on the boy, there's nothing I remember that indicates one or the other. There are bullies at their school that the kids never (without violence) stand up to. The filmakers give false advertising to say this movie has magical creatures in it. In actuality, the creatures are just imagined by the two kids when they swing across a river on a maybe 50-year-old rope, and those sequences only last about two minutes or less. The monsters act like the school bullies, etc. That's how they deal with bullies: they run away. After class, the boy watches his teacher, maybe 25 years older than he is, walk to her car with a dumbfounded look on his face, "My, she's pretty. I want to marry her right now." The teacher returns this gesture by calling him up and asking him if he wants to visit an art gallery or something of the like. If I remember correctly, she refers to it as a kind of field trip. But she told the kid they'd be the only two on the trip. The kid runs away in the afternoon to go on a date with his favorite teacher. The teacher drives the kid home safe and sound, then his parents come running out of the house, "Where were you? We had the whole state after you. By the way, that girl you mentioned. She died today. Yep, washed down a river." The End. The morals: If a school bully messes with you, either run away or punch him in the face and be sure not to tell your parents. If you find a rickety old rope, swing across it and hope it doesn't snap. It's okay to have a crush on your teachers when you're ten years old, or anyone for that matter. (heaven help the kid when he's older.) If your teacher calls you and asks if you want to go somewhere alone, eagerly say yes and, again, make sure your parents don't know. Now, what do you think of these morals? Very good, aren't they? And you can learn a lot from this movie. But only if, before you watch it, you tell your kids, "Never do anything you see people do in this movie."
Teen, 15 years old Written byOGORMAN January 16, 2011

An extroardinary adaptation from Katherine Patterson's novel.

In the words of Leslie: "Close your eyes, and keep your mind wide open." These words portray a good message. Keep yourself open to all possibilities, nothing is impossible if you set all your efforts to it. This movie was a perfect adaptation of the classic book. Josh Hutcherson and Anna Sophia Robb are talented actors who played their parts extremely believably. I have no complaints about this movie.
Teen, 13 years old Written byNoseStuckInABook April 21, 2010

Good movie adapation...tearjerker.

If you're one of those people who need their movies really close to the book, you may not like this movie. It plays heavy on the fantasy. But if you don't mind too much, you'll love this movie. It's touching and really well done in my mind. I've seen it several time, but I still die every time Leslie dies. Her death is offscreen, but it's still pretty upsetting.
Kid, 11 years old July 23, 2013

Amazing Movie!

Leslie's death is like, the point of the movie! This movie teaches kids about death, that it happens, and it can happen to kids, and how to deal with it.
Kid, 12 years old July 1, 2010

Really Good Movie

This movie is a great way to show kids using their imaginations, and there is no limit to what these kids can dream up. Viewers can sometimes relate to the children having school problems, like having no friends, or a class bully. This is also a great movie that shows friendship. However, there are a few sad moments, the biggest easily being one of the main characters dwowning in a river. And evil creatures the kids believe are there(But really not). I thought this movie was really good, with a great message. Overall, a very touching movie.
Teen, 13 years old Written bytweeni February 21, 2010

R-E-A-L-L-Y sad!

(spoiler alert!) REALLY sad! leslie dies, which is a real shocker. the movie seems kid-friendly at first, but it kinda turns around after her death. i was amazed at the nerve moviemakers have putting such a tragic death in a kid movie. apart from that, ok, but it can get confusing.

I don't really like this movie

the headline says it all
Teen, 15 years old Written byarthur16morgana January 14, 2011

sweet movie

i love this movie.its sweet but it was sad when the girl died.i saw it in theaters with my dad. he said he doesnt like it because the girl died.
Kid, 10 years old December 6, 2010

Good movie :)

I love this movie and the book though it's really sad. I said 8 and up because some kids get really sad. If there's a muture 6 year old though then go for it!
Teen, 13 years old Written byThreeDaysGracesGirl November 3, 2010

This movie... was so good. I cannot stress that enough.
Kid, 12 years old June 19, 2010

Hate It.

I Hate it! It is horrible. They kill a 11 year old girl! How terrible is that. I heard alot of people said that you will cry but i did not. It was upsetting but not that much. Overall, a terrible movie.
Teen, 13 years old Written byreviewgirl13 May 12, 2009

Teaches lessons and is very good!

I say that this is a very good movie that teaches about the importance and power of friendship. Great movie, but parents, there is some language that's iffy, so if you don't want your child to see a movie with minor language, don't let them see this. But it's worth seeing! I was so close to crying near the end! So, yes, it's sad, too.
Teen, 14 years old Written bymkalv February 1, 2009

Sad, but nice.

I have heard people say that this film is for fans of Narnia. I don't agree. Narnia is a fantasy/action. This movie is a fantasy story involving school and drama. I liked it, but most kids won't.

Kid, 8 years old April 9, 2008

This film stinks!

This was the dumbest movie ever!

I didn't like it but....

I really thought this movie was bad. But I don't go for those feel good type of movies. Based on the trailer, I thought this was going to be an action flick. I was proven wrong. Out of the whole movie maybe about 10 minutes of action. I also may not have liked it because I went with my class of teenagers(and I'm sure you know how teenage boys sit through feel-good movies) But remember these reviews are ALL opinions. Also remember that if you want an action flick, see something like STAR WARS. If you want a feel-good movie, see BRIDGE TO TERIBITHIA. If you're a person that cries a lot, remember to be ready with Kleenex;)
Kid, 12 years old October 19, 2014

Leaves you in tears

This is an amazing movie, also a book, which has great role models and messages. It doesn't have any swearing, drinking, etc. But it doesn't have fantasy violence, where two characters are imagining things around them and they fight monsters. At the end there is also a sad scene where on character dies, which will leave you in tears at the end. So this is a must see film. It isn't ideal for families as it is quite sad and not happy all through.
Kid, 12 years old October 18, 2013

bridge of terbithia

this movie is awesome !!
Kid, 11 years old September 1, 2013

This movie was awesome!

I really liked this movie. I recommend this movie to people with a BIG imagination (like me).
Kid, 12 years old July 26, 2013