All member reviews for Bridge to Terabithia

Beautiful lesson in friendship for young and old.

Kid, 11 years old July 23, 2013

Amazing Movie!

Leslie's death is like, the point of the movie! This movie teaches kids about death, that it happens, and it can happen to kids, and how to deal with it.
Parent of a 10 and 12 year old Written byLupak January 28, 2013

Awesome, sad...one of the best movies ever...

So sad...I cried so much. (Spoiler Alert): Leslie dies in the end. So sad...
Kid, 12 years old July 1, 2010

Really Good Movie

This movie is a great way to show kids using their imaginations, and there is no limit to what these kids can dream up. Viewers can sometimes relate to the children having school problems, like having no friends, or a class bully. This is also a great movie that shows friendship. However, there are a few sad moments, the biggest easily being one of the main characters dwowning in a river. And evil creatures the kids believe are there(But really not). I thought this movie was really good, with a great message. Overall, a very touching movie.
Parent of a 11 year old Written bytishtay February 16, 2010
Great story with los of adventure. It might be a bit sad for kids to watch the loss of a main and dear character. It is a good story with some really great messages
Kid, 11 years old September 1, 2013

This movie was awesome!

I really liked this movie. I recommend this movie to people with a BIG imagination (like me).
Teen, 15 years old Written bydiamondthunder September 19, 2012

Too much for some kids but a very good film

The people whinging about Leslie's death need to grow up! Her death was the entire point of the film! That WAS the story! It wasn't supposed to be a fun movie that they 'ruined with a pointless death.' Anyone who can't see that is more immature than the average 10 year old. Judge the movie by its actual content, rather than demanding it be something completely different. For what it was- it was a brilliant film. Of course some young children will find it too upsetting, but it's the parents responsibility to know that rather than blaming the movie and labelling it unsuitable. I can't even believe some people trying to say that it was inappropriate even for 17 year olds! How absolutely ridiculous! Do parents think teenagers aren't aware of what death is?
Adult Written byBeckstar October 29, 2011

ok I guess

This movie is very moving. Although it is geared towards children. There is a very sad scene in the film I couldn't help but cry at. Maybe watch first and see if your child could handle it!
Teen, 15 years old Written byarthur16morgana January 14, 2011

sweet movie

i love this movie.its sweet but it was sad when the girl died.i saw it in theaters with my dad. he said he doesnt like it because the girl died.
Kid, 10 years old December 6, 2010

Good movie :)

I love this movie and the book though it's really sad. I said 8 and up because some kids get really sad. If there's a muture 6 year old though then go for it!
Kid, 12 years old June 19, 2010

Hate It.

I Hate it! It is horrible. They kill a 11 year old girl! How terrible is that. I heard alot of people said that you will cry but i did not. It was upsetting but not that much. Overall, a terrible movie.
Teen, 13 years old Written byreviewgirl13 May 12, 2009

Teaches lessons and is very good!

I say that this is a very good movie that teaches about the importance and power of friendship. Great movie, but parents, there is some language that's iffy, so if you don't want your child to see a movie with minor language, don't let them see this. But it's worth seeing! I was so close to crying near the end! So, yes, it's sad, too.
Teen, 14 years old Written bymkalv February 1, 2009

Sad, but nice.

I have heard people say that this film is for fans of Narnia. I don't agree. Narnia is a fantasy/action. This movie is a fantasy story involving school and drama. I liked it, but most kids won't.

A must-see for every person in America!

Violence is an issue in this movie. A tragic death and mystical creatures. Jess punches a boy in the face. Language is a small issue. The D word is said. The A word is implied. This is a must-see for every person in America
Kid, 10 years old October 11, 2016

Good book

This is a great book and is Very well written. For younger kids I would recommend reading this as a family. It does have some sad parts and harsh words but is in all a good book.
Teen, 13 years old Written bykadharambe02 October 8, 2016

Love It!

I love this movie and the book too!
Parent Written byA P. September 24, 2016

My 8 year old was devastated

This movie does a lot of things very well. The two main characters, Jess and Leslie, are outsiders at school who deal with bullies. Jess is also a talented artist in a poor family struggling to make ends meet, and his parents and older siblings don't understand him. He and Leslie, though, understand each other and form a powerful friendship. The movie handles these issues with real sweetness and insight, but then 3/4 of the way through it shifts abruptly into tragedy. (I hadn't read the book or any reviews, so this was a total shock.). At this point, the movie wants to be about dealing with and learning to move on positively from death. That's not a terrible goal, and there are some good scenes after the death, but it's a little trite too. The death is so so sad - my 8 yr old daughter has never cried as much from a movie as she did here, and I was bawling too! But I do think she understood the message and that overall it was a positive experience for her. I wouldn't let kids younger than that watch it and would consider the emotional maturity of kids from 8-11 and whether you even want to confront tragedy with kids that age if you don't have to.
Teen, 13 years old Written byKalie Morgan February 1, 2016

A story of reality

It seems like all movies have a good ending, but this movie stands out. (That's a good thing) OK, Leslie doesn't get killed, she dies from hitting her head on a rock in the river. It's a very touching and inspiring movie. I would recommend it.
Parent of a 8 and 11 year old Written byJjHraiser2211 January 11, 2016
An underrated movie. Some sad parts, like losing a friend, a couple of fights and a few scary beasts.
Kid, 12 years old October 28, 2015

Interesting movie

I think some creatures in the movie may scare children under 10. Excellent movie!!! Strong role models as the movie shows how strong a friendship can be.