All member reviews for Bridge to Terabithia

Beautiful lesson in friendship for young and old.

Parent of a 17 year old Written bylove2 September 29, 2009

this movie was....

this movie was great but very sad! one of the main charecters die (off screen) but it is no less dramatic and sad.
Teen, 13 years old Written byreviewgirl13 May 12, 2009

Teaches lessons and is very good!

I say that this is a very good movie that teaches about the importance and power of friendship. Great movie, but parents, there is some language that's iffy, so if you don't want your child to see a movie with minor language, don't let them see this. But it's worth seeing! I was so close to crying near the end! So, yes, it's sad, too.
Teen, 14 years old Written bymkalv February 1, 2009

Sad, but nice.

I have heard people say that this film is for fans of Narnia. I don't agree. Narnia is a fantasy/action. This movie is a fantasy story involving school and drama. I liked it, but most kids won't.

Kid, 8 years old April 9, 2008

This film stinks!

This was the dumbest movie ever!

I didn't like it but....

I really thought this movie was bad. But I don't go for those feel good type of movies. Based on the trailer, I thought this was going to be an action flick. I was proven wrong. Out of the whole movie maybe about 10 minutes of action. I also may not have liked it because I went with my class of teenagers(and I'm sure you know how teenage boys sit through feel-good movies) But remember these reviews are ALL opinions. Also remember that if you want an action flick, see something like STAR WARS. If you want a feel-good movie, see BRIDGE TO TERIBITHIA. If you're a person that cries a lot, remember to be ready with Kleenex;)
Kid, 12 years old October 19, 2014

Leaves you in tears

This is an amazing movie, also a book, which has great role models and messages. It doesn't have any swearing, drinking, etc. But it doesn't have fantasy violence, where two characters are imagining things around them and they fight monsters. At the end there is also a sad scene where on character dies, which will leave you in tears at the end. So this is a must see film. It isn't ideal for families as it is quite sad and not happy all through.
Parent Written bylmforbes July 1, 2014

Heartstring overload

Though it is a good movie I think a child 11 or under must be judged as to there ability to cope with a sudden death of one of the main characters in order to be allowed to watch it. Even at my age it was a difficult moment to get through and I am normally stoic with such events.
Kid, 12 years old October 18, 2013

bridge of terbithia

this movie is awesome !!
Written byAnonymous September 14, 2013

Beautiful movie

9/10 Bridge to terabithia is an amazing movie. It is beautiful and touching. Filled up with great acting. The ending is really sad and some people will cry. That is the reason why it is for 9 and over. Watch this.
Kid, 11 years old September 1, 2013

This movie was awesome!

I really liked this movie. I recommend this movie to people with a BIG imagination (like me).
Parent of a 8 year old Written byLewca August 12, 2013

DON'T let your kids watch!

NOT for children!! This is a great story until one of the two main characters suddenly, unexpectedly and unnecessarily dies. Sometimes a lead character's death, while sad, adds to the whole of the story. NOT HERE! Don't subject your kids to this rubbish.
Kid, 12 years old July 26, 2013

Very Sad Movie With DEATH hate it

Teen, 15 years old Written byHaileyMarie July 15, 2013

Cute and Moving Story

'Bridge to Terabithia' is a sad, but wonderful movie about friendship that kids can learn a lot from. There are lessons on friendship and bullying to name a few. There is very mild violence. Some pushing and punching. Leslie dies (sorry I spoiled it, but I had too for this purpose!), but it isn't shown at all, only heard about. Then Jess acts out a little which is normal, obviously, considering the circumstances. No sex, language, drinking, drugs, or smoking. This is a powerful, must watch movie!
Parent Written byCaring good dad July 6, 2013

Not or kids

The subject matter and main plot twist is incredibly disturbing and unexpected in a PG movie. Bottom line, not for kids.
Kid, 10 years old May 25, 2013

Beautiful, ending is very sad, so you may want to preview it.

This is an amazing movie about two ten year olds united by running. One day a new girl, boldly crosses over to the boys side of the playground and outruns all of them, a good lesson learned for the boys. Leslie Burke and Jess Aarons embrace their differences, and create Terebithia, a place in the woods only they know about. Occasional language, at one point, a six year old girl says some mild words and they get into a discussion about it. Jess's dad also uses a little language. The ending is extremely sad when one charecter dies. It's not shown onscreen. Jess is angry and his sister follows him and he shoves her because he's filled with grief and anger. This is a great movie, but I don't recommend to anyone younger than 8 or 9 because they might not get the meaning of the death and why everyone's so upset. These are great role models, with Josh Hutcherson and Anna Sophia Robb. This is beautifully filmed, some parents may want to preview it first to make sure your child can handle the sadness. I hope I was helpful!
Kid, 10 years old March 2, 2013

A Really Good Story

Kid, 10 years old February 12, 2013

great but sad

im a ten year old kid who watched this move it was great but i bawled my eyes out for 3 hours at the end if you are sensitive and dont wana cry STAY AWAY from this movie but it is great so i recommend it
Parent of a 10 and 12 year old Written byLupak January 28, 2013

Awesome, sad...one of the best movies ever...

So sad...I cried so much. (Spoiler Alert): Leslie dies in the end. So sad...
Teen, 14 years old Written byminnie95 November 21, 2012