All member reviews for Bridge to Terabithia

Beautiful lesson in friendship for young and old.

Parent of a 8 and 8 year old Written byEzri_B April 9, 2008

My kids were expecting more action

My kids weren't in love with this movie. The previews showed far more fantasy than really is in it. They found it difficult to follow at points, even though 2 of them read the book. It was good, but as we say in our house, not a buy me movie, it's a rent me.
Teen, 13 years old Written bydarrenc95 April 9, 2008

A good movie, but a little too much for younger children

Bridge to Terabithia is, without a doubt, my favorite movie of all time. But I do think that this movie was a little too much. There is quite a lot of bullying, parental abuse (not seen), and a major plot twist that I cannot mention without ruining the film. This is a good movie, but I only recommend it for kids 9 and older.
Adult Written byCSM Screen Name... April 9, 2008

Read the book then watch the movie...BIG DIFFERENCE!

The movie is so interesting but the book is a trillion times better. The movie lies about way to many things but overall it's okay. No matter what read the book first though.That's all thanks for your time!
Adult Written bygerochris194 April 9, 2008

i cried

This movie is very good but it is NOT for kids my 19 year old kid cried for 2 days nonstop, he couldn't sleep or do anything.You should watch it,but dont take your kids.i cried alot two and first the movie was beautiful but at the end leslie dies and it was the saddest part im not gonna let my other kids watch it.
Teen, 14 years old Written bydustygun April 9, 2008

Pretty Good.

This was a very interesting movie. I din't really think I'd like it it, but by the end I was crying. The acting is super and the CGI charecters aren't bad. I'm really more of a fast paced movie person, but I did enjoy this movie.
Adult Written byfourbas April 9, 2008

Have tissues ready. You will cry!

Perhaps a good movie to introduce the idea of death to a child. But might be bad for a child who's already experienced the death of someone close. Very sad.
Adult Written byUltimateMom April 9, 2008
Adult Written byDexterSmith April 9, 2008

Sweet, yet sad, friendship story that the whole family can enjoy.

Bridge to Terabithia, based on the Newberry award-winning book written by Katherine Paterson, is one of the must-see movies of 2007. For those of you who saw the 1985 TV movie - don't be fooled! This movie is much, much better than that version. Jess Aarons (Josh Hutcherson) is a fifth-grade boy who is mistreated at school and neglected by his family. His biggest dream is to be the fastest runner in his grade, but that dream is crushed by the new girl who beats both him and all of the boys: Leslie Burke (AnnaSophia Robb, who definitely steals the show, along with Bailee Madison, who plays May Belle). Now, beating somebody in a race doesn't sound like a good start for a friendship, does it? But nevertheless, and despite their many differences, the two become inseparable. One day, Leslie runs off into the woods with Jess tagging along. They swing on a rope over a creek to the other side of the woods. Plain and ordinary to many, but a magical kingdom to Jess and Leslie. Leslie names the kingdom Terabithia, and shortly, they must defeat the (imaginary) creatures that stand in their presence. One day, Jess's music teacher (and crush), Ms. Edmunds, invites him to go to an art gallery in Washington, D.C., with her. But upon his return, Jess learns some shocking, heartbreaking news from his family. It is then when he comes to grips with this that he learns the strength and wisdom Leslie gave him. Parents - the word "damn" is used once. The debate between Jess and Leslie over whether it's necessary to believe in the Bible may offend some viewers. The action battles get rather rough, even though it's supposed to be imaginary. And a shocking plot twist midway through the story will certainly sadden children as well as adults. It's a good movie with a good message, but because of the sadness that goes along with it (along with some other iffy content), it'd be smart to preview it before letting anyone under the age of 9 see it.
Adult Written byanonomous April 9, 2008

Half the cinema was in tears

such a emotional film made me cry when we found out leslie died not sutible for children under ten probably to deep thoughted for young children absouletly loved it though .

this was a very good movie

this movie was good and sad but appropriate

Well there is bullying and some mild language and very sad i cried very nice movie thought i say 9+

This Bridge leaves you with a fun trip across...

Nothing iffy in this movie except the schoolyeard bullying, but this movie is really good, especially since it's coming from the creator of Rugrats (eek!) A good family film, I recommend it to all over the age of 7!

One of the most beautiful stories ever

Thanks to some very rude people on YouTube and IMDb, this movie was ruined for me before I even got to see it (I didn't read the book until after seeing the movie). But nonetheless, tears still poured out of my eyes from the plot twist until the very end of the movie. I even felt like applauding at the very end. While Josh Hutcherson as Jesse was very good, I must say that AnnaSophia Robb and Bailee Madison were the true show stealers in this movie. Like I previously said, I read the book after, and I enjoyed it. Miss Bessy's omission was more than welcome for me (that was quite pointless). I think some parts could have made this truer to the book. The school looked too nice. Lark Creek was supposed to be a poor, almost run-down school. And the book took place in the late '70's, but Jesse's sisters were watching Hannah Montana in the movie. However, the kids singing popular '70's music in Miss Edmund's class was definitely a tip of the hat. The soundtrack was suberb. The instrumentals at the end of the film made me want to cry, and Miley Cyrus's solo version of "I Learned From You" was fantastic. What with some fantasy violence and mild language, I think that children 8+ who can handle the overwhelming plot twist are of the perfect age to see this movie. It should also be noted that some viewers may be offended by a Biblical debate between the Christian and atheist main characters.
Adult Written bymqulemom April 9, 2008
I love this movie! It is soooo sad, but it is fun and sweet at the same time. I recomend this movie for all ages! There is nothing wrong with this movie. It has a great message and It is so heartwarming.
Adult Written byrbsjrx April 9, 2008
Teen, 14 years old Written byjdmbone003 April 9, 2008

Very Sad!!!!

This is sad and I got disappointed at the end, and also there are senses of love between the main character. There is also some bullying at school, and some bullying to his sister. Then he got along better at the end. Emotianal, and you might want to have a box of tissues with you when you watch it.
Kid, 10 years old April 9, 2008
Teen, 13 years old Written bycalichic April 9, 2008

Really sad.

I'm a skater chick, so you would probably assume I didn't cry at this movie. This movie, however, got to me. I still cry every time I see this movie.