All member reviews for Bridge to Terabithia

Beautiful lesson in friendship for young and old.

Kid, 11 years old March 20, 2012

Bridge to Terabithia

This is a very cute, clean movie for tweens. It could be violent, scary or creepy for young kids, though if they had read the book, it might be different. It is sad, and heartwarming and a very fun film! Highly recommend.
Teen, 13 years old Written byhowrselover March 4, 2012

tissues at the ready?

It was sad. Really, really, sad. Kind of disturbing the little boy has a crush on his teacher though. I don't remember it very well, so I can't really say if it was good or not.
Teen, 15 years old Written bychargnar February 5, 2012

Excellent

Yeah, I get that the girl dies. That doesn't ruin the terrific film about film about friendship.
Teen, 15 years old Written byChristian gurl December 28, 2011

just plain sad

its just so sad
Parent Written byitsawonderfulworld December 27, 2011

pathetic and not for kids!

We were all sitting enjoying a nice movie for the kids (5, 8 and 10) when one of the main characters dies out of the blue in a cloud of guilt for the other character leaving several loose ends. The kids (and I) had our mouths open like 'no... you're kidding, right..seriously?!" Pathetic!! The kids were quite traumatized, as was I!!
Kid, 11 years old October 17, 2011

cry a river, build a bridge, get over it to terabithia

One of the best fantasy movies you, or your kids, will see. After reading a majority of the novel behind this movie, I was skeptical if this movie would actually be fantastical OR dramatic. But I got one heck of a show with Mr. Csupo behind the magic, one with amazing visual effects, one with adventure, one with drama, and one with a heart that gives it the best feeling of all: ultimate friendship. With the main ensemble being stars you already love (AnnaSophia Robb, Bethany Hamilton in SOUL SURFER, as Leslie, for instance), Terabithia is an easy movie to enjoy. I paused this movie because it has some fantastical monsters in it that may not appeal to younger ages, such as troll monsters and a dark figure that seems to have scissor blades for hands, (check please Johnny Depp) that really turns out to be Jess's father. The movie has some slight profanity in it, as light as "hell" and that's pretty much it. Leslie's death is way more of a triggering effective than it was in the book, which enhances the saying that this movie really makes an enhancement off its source material, almost like how Pokemon games endlessly reconstruct one another, such as how Red and Blue enhanced into HeartGold and SoulSilver. The main point is, despite some scary monsters, this movie is a must-see that really makes you leave knowing a message that much better.
Kid, 10 years old July 4, 2011

get ready to cry

I saw it with my mom and my sister, we all got tears in our eyes when we heard that leslie died, beautiful movie anyway.
Kid, 11 years old May 19, 2011

O.K

i like the book ,but the movie is way better.i wish the ending was not so sad . i think the dad is to mean in the begining. but he is nice at the end.over all a good movie.
Teen, 13 years old Written byPEMDAS May 15, 2011
Kid, 12 years old May 9, 2011

Kids of all ages!

GreatMovie, Extremely sad Ending (didnt like that) It has some bullying but other than that... GREAT MOVIE!
Kid, 10 years old April 22, 2011
I thought it was a pretty good movie. Nothing that scary at all. Great family movie
Teen, 13 years old Written bySeminolefreak March 25, 2011

Love the book and movie

My MPAA Rating, PG: Thematic elements, bullying, violence and peril, language
Kid, 11 years old March 3, 2011
i was so sad when leslie died... this movie is so very educational and good, i wanna watch it again...
Teen, 13 years old Written bybkid February 6, 2011
Kid, 10 years old October 6, 2010

great movie

great movie abit boring for older kids but great for older viewers
Teen, 16 years old Written bybieber_fever55 August 20, 2010

Great Lesson For Kids.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with this movie. The worst part is when the kids are on the way home from church and talk about being "d-mned to hell"... but that's it. This movie is DEFINITELY a tear-jerker! Every time I thought I was done crying I cried some more. :) Teaches kids a great lesson about friendship and is pretty much amazing. (By the way, they're relationship isn't affectionate. They're FRIENDS!! :))
Teen, 15 years old Written byAdriana62 July 11, 2010

Sensitive people beware.

It was a wonderful movie but the ending was so sad. It made me cry both times I watched it. I don't think kids should watch it - the tragedy was heartbreaking.
Kid, 7 years old July 11, 2010
Teen, 14 years old Written byOldBob13 April 18, 2010

Overrated fantasy doesn't even come close to the greatness of the novel it was based on

Bridge to Terabithia captures the tragic scene at the end of the movie with dramatic depth. That's about the only good thing about this movie. To be completely honest with you, I loathed this movie. It's overrated (although my friend thinks it stinks too) and doesn't even come close to capturing the magic of the book it was based on. The special effects stink, the acting is sub-par, and well, the movie just stinks. It's one of the worst movies I've ever seen. I'm kind of sick of talking about it actually. Just please don't watch it. Ever. Don't believe the website on this one.
Teen, 17 years old Written bynelsi April 13, 2010