All member reviews for Bridge to Terabithia

Beautiful lesson in friendship for young and old.

Kid, 12 years old July 26, 2013

Very Sad Movie With DEATH hate it

Kid, 10 years old May 25, 2013

Beautiful, ending is very sad, so you may want to preview it.

This is an amazing movie about two ten year olds united by running. One day a new girl, boldly crosses over to the boys side of the playground and outruns all of them, a good lesson learned for the boys. Leslie Burke and Jess Aarons embrace their differences, and create Terebithia, a place in the woods only they know about. Occasional language, at one point, a six year old girl says some mild words and they get into a discussion about it. Jess's dad also uses a little language. The ending is extremely sad when one charecter dies. It's not shown onscreen. Jess is angry and his sister follows him and he shoves her because he's filled with grief and anger. This is a great movie, but I don't recommend to anyone younger than 8 or 9 because they might not get the meaning of the death and why everyone's so upset. These are great role models, with Josh Hutcherson and Anna Sophia Robb. This is beautifully filmed, some parents may want to preview it first to make sure your child can handle the sadness. I hope I was helpful!
Kid, 12 years old September 12, 2012

My point of view!

I thought this was a great movie! With great characters! I loved it! Even though it was sad at the end when Leslie died :( I think it is great for kids 7 and up!
Adult Written bywonder dove September 11, 2012

A real tear jerker!

Bridge to Terabithia is a wonderful film for both kids and adults. It's educational, inspiring and beautiful! When I first viewed this movie I knew I had to buy it. It deals with bullying, fitting in and making new friends. It teaches you to believe in yourself and in others, nothing is impossible. Usually the hardest people to love are the ones who need it the most - I think that's what all bullies crave, acceptance, so they hurt others to make them feel taller. This story was extremely sad, it even had my brother (33 years old) cry every single time he watched it! This movie has a lot of heart. Don't pass on it, you and your children will enjoy it many times over.
Kid, 11 years old August 15, 2012

Sad but good movie

i cried at this movie. may be inappropriate for little ones, but I loved it!
Teen, 13 years old Written byhowrselover March 4, 2012

tissues at the ready?

It was sad. Really, really, sad. Kind of disturbing the little boy has a crush on his teacher though. I don't remember it very well, so I can't really say if it was good or not.
Kid, 7 years old July 11, 2010

Kid, 12 years old June 19, 2010

Hate It.

I Hate it! It is horrible. They kill a 11 year old girl! How terrible is that. I heard alot of people said that you will cry but i did not. It was upsetting but not that much. Overall, a terrible movie.
Parent of a 6 and 8 year old Written byMKCC December 23, 2009

OK

I am 8 and I watched the movie.I think it would be very hard on kids under 8.And one of the main characters die.
Parent of a 12 year old Written byLChan October 21, 2009

Like it, friendships theme appeal to kids. I will not avoid the discussion on death, because many children have such experiences. But, we need to caution them before screening this movie, and tell them that it is ok to walk away or talk to someone about the discomfort.
Kid, 11 years old September 28, 2009

Though the movie was better than i thought it would be, there is one thing that gets me. In the book, Terabithia is a world that the kids are imagining; the author clearly states that. The movie, however, seems almost like a fantasy movie, because all of their ideas are actually shown, and I think younger kids will think that there really are creatures in Terabithia, rather than appreciate the imagination of it all. I cried when Leslie dies and Zoe Deschanel is wonderful as the music teacher!
Teen, 13 years old Written byreviewgirl13 May 12, 2009

Teaches lessons and is very good!

I say that this is a very good movie that teaches about the importance and power of friendship. Great movie, but parents, there is some language that's iffy, so if you don't want your child to see a movie with minor language, don't let them see this. But it's worth seeing! I was so close to crying near the end! So, yes, it's sad, too.
Adult Written bycheat5150 April 9, 2008

I cried!

It is worth every minite!

Adult Written bymusic_runner April 9, 2008

5th Grade Teacher Takes Class to Bridge to Terabithia

I read this book to my wonderful class of 5th graders. It did not take long for me to announce that we would all see it together on a Friday evening. I finished the book with them the day we went to see it. My girls were prepared with the tissues for the part that brought them to tears in the classroom. You become one with the characters and see how friendships build confidence, strength, and character in one another. This movie also teaches about an experience all people will experience or have experienced in life - death. My kids and I were shocked and couldn't believe how something like this could happen to a main character, but we LOVED the movie! Parents thanked me for making this event possible for their child. It will be an event we will always remember together.

I almost died crying!!!

I picked this up on a whim at the Movie Store. It was incredibly sad and I cried more i nthis movie than I did when my cat died. It was crazy! I kept hoping somehow magically Leslie would come back to life but she didn't! :-( It was a great movie! Must see for anyone between the ages of 11-15, and especially for those who know what it's like to lose a friend.

i cried every one did!!!!!

i liked the bigging but why did she have to die? that med the hole movie bad! look i would rate it 0 stars becoase of her death. evry one was cring. do you know how sad it is for children? no one is going to by it becoase of her death. and i thought that she would come back to life but she did not did she. i told all my freinds not to see it becoase of her death. out of all the movies i have seen(i have seen alot) that was the worst!!!!!!!!!!!! i will never see it agein and i dont like to say the title! if you make a 2 movie try to make her come back to life please. i did not like the ending but maby the bigging!
Teen, 14 years old Written bywookiepie93 April 9, 2008

A really good movie

This movie really captures the book's meaning well. GO SEE IT!

AWESOME

Great movie but so tragic. I absolutely loved it! U will like it even more if you read the book. A must See!!!
Adult Written bymom4benandsara April 9, 2008

Caution for sensitive children

This was a beautiful story, and a great family movie. But. Having never read the book, I was unaware that one of the main characters dies in the story, and the other character feels guilty. My kids watched the previews and interviews on the Disney channel, but this was never made clear to us. I even read the movie review on this site, but didn't quite get how important the character was until I saw the movie. We were all crying (even my husband) when this character dies, even though you don't see the accident. My 6-year old had a hard time understanding it, and cried a lot, and my 9-year old was very sad, long after the movie ended. Still worth seeing, but bring tissues, and get ready to talk about this one.