All member reviews for Bridge to Terabithia

Beautiful lesson in friendship for young and old.

Kid, 11 years old October 1, 2009

perfect for 9+

I think it was a great movie in the beginningBut i did not like the end because it has a very sad ending and there is alot of bullying thru the movie but it is a great friendship movie
Kid, 11 years old September 28, 2009

Though the movie was better than i thought it would be, there is one thing that gets me. In the book, Terabithia is a world that the kids are imagining; the author clearly states that. The movie, however, seems almost like a fantasy movie, because all of their ideas are actually shown, and I think younger kids will think that there really are creatures in Terabithia, rather than appreciate the imagination of it all. I cried when Leslie dies and Zoe Deschanel is wonderful as the music teacher!
Teen, 13 years old Written byaidanqm1996 September 4, 2009

Amazing!

I can't believe Leslie dies. That's the only part of the movie that I didn't like. (And I didn't like the swearing.)
Kid, 12 years old August 11, 2009

Kid, 9 years old August 8, 2009

Tweens and up.

Well, it was an OK movie but at the end the girl dies so young kids shouldn't see this.
Adult Written byservantsam July 23, 2009

Beware Not As Advertised

I got this movie out because it is advertised as a family fantasy giving impression of fairy tale action - It is nothing of the sort and I feel that I was tricked into watching it. Although it was a great movie, I’d like to have the option to choose a sad or happy film. The cover does not indicate any upset and I am still traumatised by the devastating events that took place in the movie. Yes it depends on what type of person you are, but if I'd have been forewarned I would not have taken it out at this time and was very disappointed. Although I can see the benefits it has to raise topics of discussion with children about life issues, this would have to be pre-planned and I found the movie content opposite to its packaged description and do not really want to see it again unless I'm in a crying mood or wish to get a subject across to my niece. Incidentally if a child has no compassion nothing not even a sad movie is going to change them.
Kid, 11 years old May 28, 2009

A good Mix!

This is really a very good movie. I really didn't like the part which Jesse died. It was a pretty mix movie. I mean like I was half crying and half amazed and half laughing! Totally a good Mix of 3!
Kid, 10 years old February 23, 2009

Great Movie! I LOVED it!!!!

I love Bridge to Terabithia! It is a great movie about friendship.
Kid, 12 years old January 11, 2009

Pretty sad ending

It's a great movie but it DOES have alot of mature themes which kids under 10 won't understand, or if they do understand they probably would cry after seeing the film, but it's goof for kids 10+.
Parent of a 11, 15, and 18 year old Written byJulieKryger1970 January 5, 2009

Kid, 12 years old December 19, 2008

Good movie There has been a lot of controvorsy about this... I don't think it was necessary to rate it PG-13, but I would say no kid 10 and under should watch this, it's pretty sad and slightly depressing/disturbing. If you can handle it, then it turns out to be a fun movie to watch. It makes you think.
Teen, 13 years old Written byxxsk8teDCxx December 10, 2008

i cried

this move was great i loved it though it was really sad when the girl died but the rest of the movie was really good and very detailed
Kid, 10 years old November 26, 2008

SOOOO SAPPY!

really hokey. boo hoo. boo hoo. The whole imagination-life-is-your-creation thing does'nt cut it with lame effects znd just plain silly scenes. Please, this ovieis a waste of life.
Teen, 13 years old Written byiJulia97 November 15, 2008

I cried and I laughed!

We had to read this for school then watch the movie I laughed so hard during the movie. But then i cried too! This is a must read or watch! It teaches about friendship,death with mINOR MINOR violence. It shows how a boy anda girl fall in love with each other and create a whole new world. Until it all falls apart.
Teen, 14 years old Written bybibliophile April 9, 2008

Iffy

This movie was okay, but somewhat depressing. No sex, some violence, but nothing graphic (so don't go by adult reviews who say the movie should be PG-13. There is absolutely nothing graphic). Language: One use each of "jeez," "where in god's name?" and "omigosh." In moments of anger, Jess' dad blurts out "h---" once and "d--n" three or four times. Other content: it is mentioned that a girl's dad hits and yells at her, some name-calling and quite a bit bullying. I recommend ages 13+ because of the bullying situation, and the fact that there is a death.
Adult Written bymkv12162 April 9, 2008

A sad movie, with a strong moral at the end.

Parent of a 8 year old Written bybobsax April 9, 2008

Was it necessary to kill the character?

The story was great until they killed the girl. It's like the sappy tear-jerker from the 1980"s , "Ordinary People" , for little kids. It's funny to me that art is one of the themes because the film (and I assume the book) could have been a beautiful story about growing up and art but instead it went off the deep end into a sea of sap. I can't for the life of me understand why anybody would make this story into a movie--twice!
Adult Written bycbirchall44 April 9, 2008

Excellent, but too real for children dealing with tragedy

This movie was not what we expected. Parents should know one of the main characters is a child who dies...even though the death is not shown, the circumstances surrounding it are too real. This movie reminds me of Stand By Me, but with milder language and a lighter air around the movie.
Kid, 10 years old April 9, 2008

AWESOME MOVIE

this is for kids with struggles in relationships and friends. Even though I don't, the movie was moving in every way. I started to seep into it! Awesome actors. Annasophia Robbs made you feel for her.

I cried!

I Really liked this movie!