All member reviews for Bridge to Terabithia

Beautiful lesson in friendship for young and old.

Kid, 9 years old April 9, 2008

Bridge To Terabithia

GGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Teen, 14 years old Written bydancingwithmyself April 9, 2008

Excellent! Must see for everyone!

Excellent but extremely sad....I cried....but i still loved it....Can't wait until it releases on DVD.
Teen, 13 years old Written byyankee01 April 9, 2008

fine

fine but there is a part that you whouldnt want young kids waching so try cars or something and if you have older kids you could take them
Teen, 13 years old Written byangel5667 April 9, 2008

Kid, 10 years old April 9, 2008

Kid, 8 years old April 9, 2008

it was great!

it was great but sad. so bring tissues.
Adult Written by2boysmama April 9, 2008

Great movie for the family!

I read this story as a young girl and was excited to share the movie with my boys (age 11 & 8). This movie was wonderful! It makes you laugh, cry and remember what it was like to be young. My children enjoyed it too. Some smaller children may be frightened by some fanatasy sequences.
Adult Written byrussell-benoit April 9, 2008

Beautiful message on friendship, bring the tissues

Unlike my 10 year old, I had never read the book this movie is based on, and was hit hard by the tragedy. My son says the movie is true to the book. It is a beautiful story of a real friendship between a boy and girl; they learn together how to navigate the social perils of middle school, share their worries, and escape from them in a healthy imaginative way. The tragedy was a total surprise; and yet, the death is a lesson too...on how to grieve, and remember, and how support can come from the most surprising places. This will be a classic.

A must-see for every person in America!

Violence is an issue in this movie. A tragic death and mystical creatures. Jess punches a boy in the face. Language is a small issue. The D word is said. The A word is implied. This is a must-see for every person in America
Adult Written byporkontosh April 9, 2008

I Cried but it was a great story

It was better at first before Leslie died but the movie was great it's hard though to see kids die especially if they're one of the main characters.
Adult Written bykarlatate April 9, 2008

Awesome movie!!

I read the book 24 years ago, then again the week before the movie came out. I was not disappointed! The movie follows the book closely and is not full of fantasy like the trailers suggest. I would not take a child who is immature or overly obsessed with death and the hereafter to this movie, although it does present a good way to discuss these topics with a child who is emotionally ready for them. I was glad they did not show Leslie's accident, but presented it as it was done in the book.

Beautiful movie..........

Bridge to Terabithia is a beautiful movie, I loved it. It made me smile, and it made me cry. It made my day and it broke my day too. Its a must watch! Please appreciate this movie even if you don't like it.
Teen, 13 years old Written bymoviegeek222 April 9, 2008

11+

Well there is bullying and some mild language and very sad i cried very nice movie thought i say 9+

One of the most beautiful stories ever

Thanks to some very rude people on YouTube and IMDb, this movie was ruined for me before I even got to see it (I didn't read the book until after seeing the movie). But nonetheless, tears still poured out of my eyes from the plot twist until the very end of the movie. I even felt like applauding at the very end. While Josh Hutcherson as Jesse was very good, I must say that AnnaSophia Robb and Bailee Madison were the true show stealers in this movie. Like I previously said, I read the book after, and I enjoyed it. Miss Bessy's omission was more than welcome for me (that was quite pointless). I think some parts could have made this truer to the book. The school looked too nice. Lark Creek was supposed to be a poor, almost run-down school. And the book took place in the late '70's, but Jesse's sisters were watching Hannah Montana in the movie. However, the kids singing popular '70's music in Miss Edmund's class was definitely a tip of the hat. The soundtrack was suberb. The instrumentals at the end of the film made me want to cry, and Miley Cyrus's solo version of "I Learned From You" was fantastic. What with some fantasy violence and mild language, I think that children 8+ who can handle the overwhelming plot twist are of the perfect age to see this movie. It should also be noted that some viewers may be offended by a Biblical debate between the Christian and atheist main characters.
Teen, 14 years old Written byjdmbone003 April 9, 2008

Kid, 12 years old October 19, 2014

Leaves you in tears

This is an amazing movie, also a book, which has great role models and messages. It doesn't have any swearing, drinking, etc. But it doesn't have fantasy violence, where two characters are imagining things around them and they fight monsters. At the end there is also a sad scene where on character dies, which will leave you in tears at the end. So this is a must see film. It isn't ideal for families as it is quite sad and not happy all through.
Parent Written bylmforbes July 1, 2014

Heartstring overload

Though it is a good movie I think a child 11 or under must be judged as to there ability to cope with a sudden death of one of the main characters in order to be allowed to watch it. Even at my age it was a difficult moment to get through and I am normally stoic with such events.
Kid, 12 years old October 18, 2013

bridge of terbithia

this movie is awesome !!
Parent of a 8 year old Written byLewca August 12, 2013

DON'T let your kids watch!

NOT for children!! This is a great story until one of the two main characters suddenly, unexpectedly and unnecessarily dies. Sometimes a lead character's death, while sad, adds to the whole of the story. NOT HERE! Don't subject your kids to this rubbish.