All member reviews for Bridge to Terabithia

Beautiful lesson in friendship for young and old.

Adult Written byDizzy Blonde April 9, 2008

I cried

I loved this book, though it was really sad. You should pppick it up and readd it or atleast see the movie
Adult Written byrussell-benoit April 9, 2008

Beautiful message on friendship, bring the tissues

Unlike my 10 year old, I had never read the book this movie is based on, and was hit hard by the tragedy. My son says the movie is true to the book. It is a beautiful story of a real friendship between a boy and girl; they learn together how to navigate the social perils of middle school, share their worries, and escape from them in a healthy imaginative way. The tragedy was a total surprise; and yet, the death is a lesson too...on how to grieve, and remember, and how support can come from the most surprising places. This will be a classic.

A must-see for every person in America!

Violence is an issue in this movie. A tragic death and mystical creatures. Jess punches a boy in the face. Language is a small issue. The D word is said. The A word is implied. This is a must-see for every person in America
Teen, 14 years old Written bythat_one_guy726 April 9, 2008

Wow

This was a really good movie! There is just some violence and language, but there's no blood and there's only like three times it swears. This movie is almost as good as the book, go see it!
Adult Written bylaghdam April 9, 2008

Not for small children!!

Terabithia is not what it portrays in the ads--eg, it is not another Narnia. The movie is about overcoming life's pain and sadness more so than an adventure in the woods. This movie is not for small children and the death of the supporting character is surprising and very sad. The ads are deceitful and parents should know before they allow their children to see the movie.
Adult Written byporkontosh April 9, 2008

I Cried but it was a great story

It was better at first before Leslie died but the movie was great it's hard though to see kids die especially if they're one of the main characters.
Adult Written byOZKAT April 9, 2008

confusing to 7 year old

My 7 year old was terified thinking the reason the girl died was because se did not go to church she thought that was not fair.... in her words we had to explain to her otherwise

AWESOME

Great movie but so tragic. I absolutely loved it! U will like it even more if you read the book. A must See!!!
Adult Written bymom4benandsara April 9, 2008

Caution for sensitive children

This was a beautiful story, and a great family movie. But. Having never read the book, I was unaware that one of the main characters dies in the story, and the other character feels guilty. My kids watched the previews and interviews on the Disney channel, but this was never made clear to us. I even read the movie review on this site, but didn't quite get how important the character was until I saw the movie. We were all crying (even my husband) when this character dies, even though you don't see the accident. My 6-year old had a hard time understanding it, and cried a lot, and my 9-year old was very sad, long after the movie ended. Still worth seeing, but bring tissues, and get ready to talk about this one.
Teen, 15 years old Written bybubbo April 9, 2008

An excellent film for families, but be warned: bring some tissues along. You may need them.
Teen, 13 years old Written byEarogon394 April 9, 2008

Very touching and good for all ages...

This is an exellent movie that teaches us to open our mind and use our imagination.It is a bit sad at the end so be prepared.

Teen, 13 years old Written bydoctapeppa April 9, 2008

A Perfect Movie

This movie is emotional in so many ways. If I could, I would give it 100 stars. I recommend everybody in the entire world to see this movie. But if you are very sensitive or lost a loved one, you may cry. Bring a handkerchief in advance.
Adult Written bydamselindistress April 9, 2008

Adult Written byscatmull April 9, 2008

A movie rich in entertainment and education.

There are many things I liked about this movie. For one, I like the many meanings of "Bridge to Terabithia." There was the physical bridge, but also the girl was a "Bridge to Terabithia." The movie doesn't come out and tell you that, but lets you discover that on your own. I think movies dumb us down when they have to tell us every little detail as if we had no ability to figure things out. The acting was superb and believable. Loved the theme of fear in the movie too.

Keep your mind wide open

Bridge to Terabithia is a great movie for kids AND adults. It's also a book!This movie was AMAZING! It was also sad, somtimes, good friends do die. Leslie, Jes, and PT (the dog) go on some cool advutures as they face their fears and help an ex-bully.
Adult Written bykarlatate April 9, 2008

Awesome movie!!

I read the book 24 years ago, then again the week before the movie came out. I was not disappointed! The movie follows the book closely and is not full of fantasy like the trailers suggest. I would not take a child who is immature or overly obsessed with death and the hereafter to this movie, although it does present a good way to discuss these topics with a child who is emotionally ready for them. I was glad they did not show Leslie's accident, but presented it as it was done in the book.
Teen, 13 years old Written bypinklemonadexo14 April 9, 2008

One word- WOW

This movie was a movie that a child my age should see. It wasn't inappropriate and/or sexual and taught lessons to all of the kids listening in the movie theater. It wasn't boring at all like the Narnia movie. It kept me awake and nervous as the movie carried on. If you are unsure on whether you should see Bridge to Terabithia or some other movie, after reading my report, you should know exactly what you should see. Oh and don't buy too much popcorn, because when the suspense grows in the movie, thats all you'll find yourself doing :)
Adult Written bymotherof3 April 9, 2008

Hated It!!!!

This movie was a huge let down for a product of Disney. My family thought we were in for a happy experience and instead we left depressed and disappointed. The death of one of the main characters - who in my son's estimation was "the life of the movie" - was too harsh a reality and in the end overshadowed the fantasy. The ending was flat and did not truly reconcile this tragic event. My 2 year old was scared and my 6 & 9 year olds plain described it as dreadful! Don't take your kids to see this movie if they are still "wide-eyed".