Classic screwball comedy with loads of tame laughs.

Kid, 9 years old November 16, 2014

Hillarious

I thought it was funny to watch and listen to. I loved how Susan just kept talking and talking. She kept it funny and interesting. What they did was surprising like slipping down a hill and getting the net stuck on their head, and then they walked right into a lake.
Parent Written byClassic Movie Family December 7, 2010

A Classic Comedy for the whole family.

Our kids love this movie, and it’s difficult to find anything objectionable for any child aged 6+. This is a classic Cary Grant screwball comedy. Hepburn and Grant have electric chemistry. (Disclaimer: We like classic movies because the material is generally suitable for the kids and it’s not dumbed down for them or us. Because much of the content is from a past era, some things need explanation. We prefer to use questionable content as teachable moments with which to reinforce our values.)
Parent Written byPuddleglum March 4, 2013

One of the best

One of the best movies of all time! There is nothing inappropriate in this movie aside from a supporting character who drinks. The only reason I raised the age to 7 is because the plot is intricate and the movie is lengthy and may not hold the attention of someone under 7. Katharine Hepburn calls the shots and her character is likeable and positive, if eccentric. I watched it when I was a kid and can honestly say that I loved it then & still love it today. :)
Parent Written byadventuredad January 21, 2013

Better appreciated by older viewers

This famous screwball comedy is best suited for adults and teens. Not because the material on screen is unacceptable, but because kids are unlikely to appreciate it. Children are apt to find this movie rather slow and are not likely to appreciate the subtle comedy displayed here by Cary Grant. The film has some broad comedy the kids will enjoy, but not enough to hold their interest. My 8 and 11 year old boys were bored and wandered away from this movie.
Parent of a 8 and 10 year old Written byH2Clark December 8, 2012

Tame leopards, great dialogue make a great movie

Just watched this with 10 & 8 yo boys. It isn't a laugh out loud movie for them, but we did (parents) and in the end, the youngest was jumping out of his seat, with excitement to the storyline. Keeping in mind this movie was written when dialogue was the only thing to carry the movie and there were no special effects. It is a great one.
Educator and Parent of a 5 year old Written bytiburon200 b. January 13, 2017

Such a nice contrast to all the animation these kids are immersed in. Here are grown ups being human and funny and appropriate and totally accessable to the young ones.

Teen, 15 years old Written bymoviefan115 March 14, 2012

One Of The Funniest Comedies Ever.......

This is so funny, and has strong likable characters. Kate and Cary shines in this, and it just shows you how old movies can still make people laugh years after it was made. Plus, it's got a tamed leopard and a cool dog that everyone will want one for a pet. Did I also mention that it was funny. ( One mild caution: a drunk gardener.)
Educator and Parent of a 10, 10, and 13 year old Written bysbatt November 19, 2009

Who knew old movies were this fun?

We love watching the misunderstandings build, and the fun snowball! One mild caution - a handyman who drinks thinks he's seeing things.
Teen, 15 years old Written bywho3697cares December 26, 2008

The funniest movie ever made

I'll have to disagree with the website for once and say 8 is extreme.