All member reviews for Brother Bear 2

Kid, 12 years old March 14, 2010

greater than the first!

i enjoyed this one even more than the first. and as you would exspect Keni meets a girl he likes. (figures) But this movie is less vilont then the first and there's a lot more laughs then tears.
Adult Written bymdjj April 9, 2008

Scary too-deep concepts for under 6

My boys watched this and they completely got hung up on the brother dying, could not get the concept of the brother turning into a bear (and the fact that people could not hear him when he talked) and got completely FREAKED OUT by the spirits. They both (4 and 5.5 years old) cried - seriously cried - and they have NEVER cried over any movie - they have watched Star Wars, many disney movies, etc. They are not overly sensitive, but my younger son could not understand how the brother who died came back from "heaven" and then went back again...and my older son worried that we will die. Maybe it was just bad timing, but they asked me to NEVER EVER show them this movie again. Hmmmm.
Kid, 12 years old December 23, 2009

as good as the first

this movie was as good as the first maybe even better. It's funny and the story is good. There is just some mild peril.
Adult Written by4beauts March 24, 2011

Too much intense/fast-paced imagery for a 6-yr old.

Intense fast paced imagery was too much for a 6-yr old. Frequent extreme close ups with scary distorted faces, e.g. Several full screen examples of the girl heroine screaming hysterically, also the bear's open mouth filling the screen several times and roaring so loudly my windows vibrated. The "message" of friendship and love are great for older kids, but lost on those too young to follow a story amongst this constant drama and unnecessary hysteria. Where's the good storytelling on kids movies?
Teen, 17 years old Written byAnthonyAngrywolf January 21, 2011

Excellent movie, deserves as TV series

I LOVE Brother Bear! In fact, I think the movie's so great, I think it deserves a TV show! And maybe Patrick Dempsey can reprise his role as Kenai. But since Jeremy Suarez is big now, maybe Bobb'e J. Thompson can voice Koda! What do you guys out there think about that?
Adult Written bySTRIDER9 April 7, 2013

Awesome

This is a great movie!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Parent of a 5 year old Written byNatasha715 July 22, 2011

Sweet movie for all ages!

Very sweet story with a happy ending. Friendship and love endure.
Teen, 15 years old Written byarthur16morgana March 19, 2011

im watching this movie right now actually! i like this movie.its funny and cute
Kid, 11 years old June 21, 2010

Perfect for the whole family to watch

I loved it. It was so passionate and caring. I loved every bit of it and I woukd love to watch it again any time soon
Teen, 14 years old Written byNorthernNights May 9, 2010

Not as great as the first - but okay

I like the first one better, this one isn't bad though. I would have done it differen't though. Like, it didn't seem like they worked 'very' hard on it, although I apriseate the attempt. I don't see why some people think its better than the first, but that's their view. It just sort of bored me a little. But that doesn't mean it was horrible. But I question where his villagers are, like Tananna and Denahi, those peoples. But I showed my 4 year old brother the second one because that's all I've seen, he liked it, but when I showed him the first one, he REALLY liked it. So guys, stop freaking about how the movies are "too scary" its hardly that. I guess for some kids, but don't shelter them from how the world is! Besides, the characters care, that's what matters the most for me.
Parent of a 3 and 5 year old Written byrachelernst.com October 20, 2009

3 year old more scared, 5 year old like it but still didn't understand the plot, reasons for behaviors

This seemed to have more screen time devoted to peril than the Brother Bear 1. The love interest portion of the story is central and not essential for intended audience. This version seems to have lost a little bit of the general intelligence and respect of the first movie. Might be better than many of the movies out there, so if you're looking for the lesser of two evils, this may still suffice.
Teen, 13 years old Written byreviewgirl13 April 27, 2009

I don't see why this movie got 4 stars. It doesn't even deserve that many. It has some suggestive things, unlike the previous movie. So, that's what makes it better?! Nice...
Adult Written bywomack93 April 9, 2008

Great for the whole family!

I thought this movie had a wonderful mix of decisions for kids to learn from. What it's like to be different, how is that good. How sometimes things are not what they appear to be and you need to look deeper to find the real part of people. Loved it! And it's for all ages!!
Teen, 13 years old Written byschuymarch1 April 9, 2008

Wonderful movie...

This is one of my all-time favorite Disney movies.