All member reviews for Brother Bear

Kid, 12 years old March 14, 2010

great movie thats fine for kids!

this movie is fun and funny!!! KIDS WILL ENJOY!
Teen, 16 years old Written byMagical_Fishy June 15, 2011

A wonderful flim; great messages

Brother Bear is my all time favorite Disney movie. For a movie in the newer part of the company's era, it's a beautiful and humorous story of the power of love (for once, brotherly love instead of romantic love). The story of Kenai, newly of age, seeks revenge on a bear for the death of his oldest brother, but making the Great Spirits angry, is turned into a bear himself. A recurring theme is to love and respect all people and livings things, be they blood family, the animals that share our world, and even the environment that we live in. The only things that might steer families away would be heavy plot reliance of revenge and violence, frequent name calling and other distasteful language (but nowhere near cussing), and two comic relief characters who show stereotypes of Canadians. By the end of the film, they fully show that revenge and violence are never the answer to problems. All in all, if your family is lax to the few unsavory themes of the movie, it's a true delight and a great family experience with loving messages and sweeping visuals.
Teen, 15 years old Written byHTFMime April 30, 2011

Cute and cuddly movie but

watch out there is a scene where two mountain goats said the word "Shut up" like 7 times. But anyway this is a really cute movie but it was pretty sad when the mother died. :(
Teen, 15 years old Written byarthur16morgana January 14, 2011

i love this movie. i love that song that plays when kenai was changing from bear to human and human to bear. and koda is adorable.love the song take a look through my eyes by phil collins.
Teen, 13 years old Written byactiongirl95 May 4, 2009

UGG!

Ok this movie has no sexual content but it has a horrible message. i really did not like it at all.
Teen, 13 years old Written byKaylinia April 22, 2015

Teen, 15 years old Written byTheReader June 14, 2014

Movie for everyone!!

I love love love this movie so much, grew up watching it and now a teenager I still go back and watch it! You may not love it if you're a teen boy who didn't see it when they were young, but for pretty much everyone else it is a riot! The actors are great too, especially rick moranis!!!
Kid, 11 years old December 30, 2012

1000000000000000000 STARS!

HOW COULD ANY ONE RATE THIS 2 STARS! I AM 11 YEARS OLD AND THIS IS MY FAVORITE MOVIE OF ALL TIME! SO THE PEOPLE WHO RATED THIS MOVIE 2 STARS, WATCH THE MOVIE AGAIN! SERIOUSLY, THE MOVIES THESE DAYS (2011-2012) SUCK! JUST ABOUT EVERY MOVIE IVE SEEN THIS PAST YEAR, (BRAVE, CHIMPANZEE, ICE AGE CONTENENTIAL DRIFT...) HAVE BEEN STUPID AND BORING! OPEN YOUR EYES! THE MOVIES IN THOSE DAYS WERE A HECK OF A LOT BETTER THAN THIS SNOOZE FEST GARBAGE!
Teen, 16 years old Written bybluepelt1 July 4, 2012

Brother bear what you should know

The movie does include violence but watching it 5-6 years ago when i was 5 or 6 it was a sad but amazing movie and if you show it to your kids they will for sure look back on it and think it was a wonderful movie like i did. i dont see how people think its bad... its a movie i understanded when i was young i loved this movie and i always will. THIS MOVIE DOES NOT DESERVE 2 STARS AT LEAST 4
Kid, 10 years old June 24, 2012

Brother Bear

Two characters killed in peril, including a mother bear, and an old brother, but, the two killed characters very good models, send the positive message, and in the end of the film, the two kiled characters returns as spirits. Funny show, very good for 8 & up!
Teen, 16 years old Written byabbacus May 26, 2012

Kids will love it!

Teen, 13 years old Written byJessie rocks December 28, 2011

Tell everybody I'm on my way!

As I'm typing this review, I'm listening to that song. This is a really good movie. I'm serious. I checked the soundtrack out from the library today. But the point is the movie. The movie is good. Really good. The music is good too. All is great. I don't know why CSM gave it such a bad rating. It's a good movie that I still like. And I am 13. 13 is a TEENAGER AGE!!! You see, CSM is wrong a lot of the time. So, like, they sometimes turn people's minds completely around, so that those minds face a completely different direction from where they are supposed to be. Those minds can sometimes be fixed into the correct position by way of user reviews. I'm usually the one who is ever-relavant. I apologize to those who don't agree. It's just my opinion. And all the scatalogical humor is funny. Very funny. Also, those who don't enjoy the "shut up" bit, w/ the two rams on the mountain, yellin' "SHUT UP" over and over again, I think you need to loosen up. You see, my opinion is the same as my parents': When the kids are three, they may hear it, but they may not SAY it. When the kids turn five, they should be allowed to do both the vocalization AND the auscultation of it. But maybe your opinion is different than mine. At the same time, anyone who doesn't enjoy this movie should GET ON THEIR OWN SIDE OF THE HIGHWAY!!! Sorry, that's what I'm thinkin', that's what I'm postin. It's not my fault if you take it too personally.
Teen, 14 years old Written bySilverSnake July 25, 2010

Gosh I miss when Disney movies were good!

I'm inlove with this movie, its one of the best movies ever. I'm suprised little people have rated it! Its kid friendly, you can learn from it, and its funny with a heartfelt plot. None of the characters are 'evil' but there has been times when they went agents eachother (without knowing it) well, just watch the movie and you'll see. I loved it sinse I was little. :)
Kid, 11 years old July 10, 2010

Great for all

My sister LOVES this movie, she wouuld watch it non stop. It is so funny and has much more heart than the second. a must see
Teen, 14 years old Written byNorthernNights May 9, 2010

Best movie EVER!!!

It was soooo beautiful, I cried man. . Its a must see! Plus I'm part Inuit indian, so I was completly fasinated! Yes, one character did die, but for a good purpose to save his two little brothers. And he forgave the bear. Kenai is a good model of how men are sometimes, especially YOUNG men. Stubborn, head strong, dependent, always think they right, and really good at heart. His brother Denahi didn't blame the bear, at least not until he thought it killed Kenai too. They're all really caring characters! The music was inchanting, and it shows bears aren't as scary as people suspect. They're just as scared as us as we are of them. Besides, they know we have guns to harm them, what do they got, claws? And we use them for silly reasons, fur, fun, decorating, and just to get them out of the way. Sometimes I question being human, to even be the same creature to those that kill there own kind, start wars, consume things, greed, yet other creatures work to what they got. I know its 'sin' but seriously thats an excuse to hate and do as we please. By the way, my totum is the wolf. It's not really that scary, at least not to me. So a few bear fights, so what we've done worse. . haven't we? Like the song, look threw their eyes.
Teen, 13 years old Written byreviewgirl13 April 27, 2009

Good film for kids

I saw this movie back when I was in 2nd grade. It's okay, but I wouldn't say it was the best. Kids may feel a little sad or even frightened when one person is killed and when Koda's mother is killed by a hunter. You may need to explain to your child what happened and why. I would give it more than two stars, because it does deserve more. I don't think only kindergartners would enjoy it. I enjoyed it myself when I was in 2nd grade! Kids will find it interesting, but then again, it depends on your child.
Teen, 15 years old Written byKenz April 9, 2008

GrEaT!!!

I loved this show! It is great for little kids and I LoVeD it to!!! It is Funny and Sad. It has a really good point to it!!!