Kid reviews for Bruce Almighty

Happily deranged comedy has typical Carrey humor.

Teen, 13 years old Written byJulia335 May 16, 2019

Kid, 12 years old February 16, 2019

Religious Redemption Carrey Dramedy

Superpowers and life lessons are seamlessly blended. Elements of fables, bizarre Mask-style humor, and the lesson people don't know what they want are mixed.

Kid, 12 years old November 22, 2018

Decent Carrey movie gives a Sort of Funny Take on What it's Like to be God

Jim Carrey plays yet another role no other actor could replace. It is a decent film, but it isn't nearly as good as some of his other movies like "The Cable Guy", "The Mask", "Liar Liar" or "Dumb and Dumber". So far as content, for sexual stuff, Bruce gets the powers of being God and he uses them quite irresponsibly at first, by making the air lift up a woman's dress revealing her panties. Grace makes a remark later in the film that her breasts look bigger and in the scene there are some jokes about it. Bruce and Grace have sex, but it's offscreen, very much implied though. There is a decent amount of language for a PG-13 movie, with a prolonged middle finger gesture towards a hated co-worker, and some other words, Bruce almost says Holy S--t in front of God, but he stops himself. Basically, a decent Carrey movie, probably worth the watch, but still not his greatest. 11+ for a few mild sexual things and language.
Teen, 14 years old Written byJohannes1234 June 18, 2018

Good for 8 years old

It was abslotly best movie ever way bettet than other comedy movies.

Teen, 16 years old Written byTyTy the movie guy June 2, 2017

Carrey comedy has heart and humor but slightly crass

My rating: PG-13 for crude sex-related humor, language, some nudity and drug use

Teen, 16 years old Written byHeheGonzalo August 16, 2016

My rating: PG-13 for some sexual content and language

Teen, 15 years old Written byDwc13th March 19, 2016

Great movie

Hard pg-13

Kid, 8 years old July 20, 2015

Very raunchy,racy Jim Carry comedy has loads of strong language.

My rating:R for racy innuendo throughout,frequent vulgar language,and nudity.
Teen, 14 years old Written byJimmy Brew July 17, 2015

Silly carrey humor in religious free comedy also with mature content

My rating:12+ Langauge,adult content

Kid, 11 years old June 28, 2015
This is a great movie with interesting themes and a unique storyline, good acting and funny moments. But can explain events more descriptively and is very fast moving.

Kid, 12 years old August 15, 2014

Excellent!!!

This film is amazzzzzing! Typical Carrey humour , fantastic story line .......a must seeeeee if your 12 and up!!!!!

Kid, 12 years old July 27, 2014

A Good Movie for the Whole Family to Watch

This movie is really funny and it comes with a nice message to have faith... I have seen this movie with my family several times and it always makes us laugh. I totally recommend it!

Teen, 16 years old Written byHowlingSnail September 9, 2013

Overall, this film is quite...PLEASURABLE!

Great movie, but a few things to be wary of. There is quite a bit of swearing, mainly fucks and shits. There's a fair amount of sexual content too. After Bruce gets his powers, he uses them to blow a random woman's skirt up. Later on, Bruce and his girlfriend Grace are seen kissing passionately. He then makes it so that she will have orgasms whenever he says "pleasure" or "pleasurable" to her. He does this several times, and we see her cumming in the bathroom. He then throws her onto the bed, and sex is strongly implied. The next morning, they describe the experience as "heavenly", and she comments that her "boobs" appear bigger. It's strongly implied that Bruce did this with his powers.

Kid, 11 years old August 27, 2013

funny

great funny movie. fine for kids four and up.

Kid, 11 years old May 4, 2013

I'm A Christian And I'm Not Offended.

I'm a christian and didn't find any offense content TO the christian religion. But of course,(like any Jim Carrey movie) there some inappropriate scenes and language. It's a funny movie ,but some christians may get offended by the content.

Kid, 11 years old February 5, 2013

Good movie

Okay for kids 10 and up
Kid, 12 years old November 4, 2012

Good moive but not for kids

pause for kids under 14

Teen, 17 years old Written byfeutio81 August 14, 2012

Great Movie!

I say that for parents who are concerned about the language and "other" just watch it prior to watching with your kid so you can tell them when to close thier eyes or plug thier ears. they will still get to watch the movie practically undisturbed. great movie.

Teen, 13 years old Written byVenusGlow555 June 29, 2012

Funny, Mature Content!

Good Movie but a lot of sex talk and suggestive moments that include sex talk, cuddling, making out and some language. But a very funny movie for a mature 12 year old!

Teen, 13 years old Written byluvpink December 30, 2011

Overall Ok

The language can be a bit harsh but nothing a 12 year old couldn't handle. Sexual content isn't too too horrible either. There is some drinking but nothing awful. Overall despite a bit of potty language the movie is good.