All member reviews for Bug

Paranoid horror/thriller is too intense for kids.

Adult Written byIlovebilly April 9, 2008

Worst Movie I've seen yet!!!

I am Greatly dissapointed that Ashley Judd would have anything to do with this movie. This move was just AWFUL!! It was weird and disgusting! They didn't even explain anything in the movie. It was just all around weird.
Adult Written byreene0225 April 9, 2008

IT Was TErrible......

This movie was absolutely horrible.I watched most of it in awe of how stupid these people could actually be. When the lady started screaming I Am Super Queen Bug at the top of her lungs I just said nope. It was the worst movie of the year (2007 and 2008). Possibly the worst movie of my life.
Adult Written byabernal April 9, 2008

It sucks!!!

let me tell you something, this movie was really unpleasant. It is not scary, but it's really nasty. I dont know what was the director thinking about when he made this movie. It's that bad that I had to get a re-admission for another movie because i did'nt enjoyed this movie. Dont waste your money on trash I'm serious. I think the director will get a nobel prize for the most stupid movie of all the times. Im on a pissed mood. So now you know.
Teen, 16 years old Written byjunomcguff December 2, 2010

My FAVORITE movie.

Be it the fear that someone is lurking behind you in a dark parking lot or a bug is crawling on you while you sleep, there is a bit of paranoia in us all.Bug is not some cheap fright fest that trivializes its characters and depends on extra-terrestrial bugs to drive the film’s suspense. it's all about the paranoia and the characters that endure it.Agnes White (Ashley Judd) is an alcoholic drug-user whose abusive ex-con, ex-husband just got out of jail and comes back to her, mostly for cash. At the same time, she meets the soft-spoken Peter Evans (Michael Shannon) who genuinely likes her. While pushing away from her ex-husband, she pulls herself closer to Peter, despite his seemingly unbelievable past and present circumstances. The power of Bug lies within its characters. We naturally hope the best for Agnes, though extremely flawed and consumed by despair after the loss of her son. Peter seems to have the potential to have a positive impact on her life.Though their actions are mostly confined to Agnes’ hotel room, the people involved are dynamic. Agnes shares her experience of loss in telling the story of her son’s disappearance. Peter comforts her and adds a hint of bizarre fascination with his ideas of technology . When the bugs finally arrive, we have already been drawn into their world, we trust them, and it makes the film all the more devastating. Bug is a cautionary chamber piece of trusting love and endless drug use, while the majority of audience will want to see Ashley Judd ripping the “bugs” out of her skin. Predetermined expectations of what the film will be, sight unseen, destroys Bug’s chances of finding its audience based purely on our reliance on marketing. The film makes no concessions for closed-minded viewers, who will ultimately dismiss the film as boring. William Friedkin’s directing is patient and cerebral. Through his use of symbolic motifs, most notably the distant sound of a helicopter and the saturation of hot and cold temperatures, he plays on our genre expectations. Most of all, Friedkin is patient. He grows his character’s paranoia as he grows our own. He plants the seeds of trust from the very beginning and betrays it; in a sense, bringing us closer to Agnes by having us endure her very same emotional journey. It’s unfortunate that an excellent film will be shrugged off and forgotten before it has a chance. The marketing machine of Hollywood has played to the horror audience’s blood lust. Once it has betrayed that audiences trust by not delivering what it promised in its trailers, Bug will quietly leak out of theaters and onto video to be archived as a one-trick pony Perhaps the programmed cybernetics paranoia found in Bug isn’t too far off, in that we are already programmed into accepting common cinematic formulas and predictable franchises. if you would like to discuss opinions about this movie leave me a comment.
Parent Written by915072 April 25, 2013

Adult Written byriddle April 9, 2008

terrible movie

This movie was so bad i did not even finish it. I was very disappointed that Ashley Judd is in this movie.
Parent of a 13 year old Written bycolten97 October 10, 2012

Intense and Unique

Certainly not for everyone...but if you appreciate completely unique and intense cinema...check it out. I am so impressed by Ashley Judd, who I always liked, but had no idea of her range and courage. The film is very disturbing...I would describe it as a dark comedy that gets darker and darker and darker...calling it horror is too limited although there are horror elements to it. It reminds me of Cronenberg or early Polanski. But comparisons don't really do it justice. It's exciting to see that there are directors that still have guts. I was exhilarated and disturbed by the end of this film. I recommend it highly to anyone who wants something different and powerful.
Teen, 14 years old Written byleahxo June 29, 2011

Good Film, However Very Graphic.

Definitely inappropiate for anyone under 14-even at that age it's hard to watch, considering i'm 14. It is a fairly good film, but very graphic.
Adult Written bytwilightkilla April 9, 2008

Teen, 13 years old Written bynnowgoo April 9, 2008

Not that great... VERY graphic

This film was a dissapointment. I went in thinking it would be a good, scary, fun movie, but it had some major plot holes, and the writing wasn't that great. The movie is VERY violent. Probably the hardest to watch scenes are when the guy pulls his tooth out, and when he stabs this doctor to death. Theres also a sex scene, and they swear a lot. Younger kids CANNOT see this, but older teens maybe.
Adult Written bytwavis April 9, 2008

do not see this movie

just a tip to anyone who may be interested in seeing the movie "bug", DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY OR TIME, this was with out a doubt one of the worst movies i have ever seen. horrible cinematography, slow, terrible plot.....if there was one. and it seemed as if it would never end. DO NOT SEE THIS MOVIE

dont watch this movie!!!

Teen, 14 years old Written byyjhntyh April 9, 2008

Ehhh

This movie was very wierd and kinda graphic i would not recomend it for little kids because there is one Bad sex scene