All member reviews for Bully

Kid, 6 years old March 9, 2012

Great Example of what bullying is.

This movie is a great example for what happens in real life. It shows what actually happens to millions of innocent victims that are or were bullied as a child. Although this movie is very vulgar, children need to see that this is what bullies can and say to innocent victims.
Teen, 14 years old Written byhunger games March 9, 2012

thg

let me tell all the familiys that want to take there children to see this it's ok they even have a facebook page to vote for it to be PG 13 please vote i did.
Teen, 15 years old Written byantoineisthebest April 12, 2012

great movie

This a really good movie because It help clearing things out of some kids head( hurting other people) Until I went to high school I was bullied almost everyday. please change the rating, r is way too off, pg 13 ok bit too high, It should be pg for all kids to see it. here in canada they didn't delete a thing from the movie and it is pg.
Teen, 13 years old Written byTheTabooka March 10, 2012

Right on

I think this movie is appropriate for kids 12 and up
Kid, 12 years old April 22, 2012

it is the BEST

please try your best to help people STOP BULLING i have bullied before and it hurts ..words hurt ,..so please help as STOP BULLING ..I WILL KILL MYSELF TO STOP BULLING because i love everybody and i dont want anybody to get hurt
Teen, 13 years old Written bynickthebriton April 1, 2012

Great message should be rated PG 13

It shines a light on a growing problem.Although there is violence and language it is still better for all kids and parents 10 and up to see this
Teen, 15 years old Written bySalsander February 15, 2014

LEARNING

Relevant Docu has some brief language

Bully is a heart-wrenching movie about a boy who is constantly tormented by his peers. The movie shows footage of him being bullied by other classmates. The bullies punch, shove, and even stab (with pencils) Alex. One bullied girl recounts how she took a gun to school to scare bullies (although no one is harmed). There's only one instance of excessive swearing (mostly the f word and other derogatory words) by a bully who threatens to skin alex with a knife and impale him with a broom. Because the overall tone of the film is dark and includes depressing moments such as the aftermath of a teen's suicide, the viewer should at least be in middle school to handle the emotional content (and to understand it). The film does a great job showing how being bullying needs more attention and action to stop it. I just wished the movie would have explained what must be done to end it and explained why people become bullies. The movie is still without a doubt a good way for teens to put themselves in the victim's shoes. For some it might be an eye-opener; for other's it's just a restated reality.
Kid, 11 years old August 17, 2013

Great Role Models :)

This movie addressed good topics such as sexuality, violence, and standing up to your issues. Parts of the movie were very slow and boring, but had a good message. Lots of swearing such as b***c, a*s, hell, crap, and p***y
Kid, 9 years old July 25, 2013

Beautiful Message

It's a heart-wrenching documentary about the real scenarios that happen as a result of bullying. There's some swearing from the bullies in one story, and Ja'meya's story depicted the gun on the bus, but it sends the message that those things aren't right. The whole movie sends the message that bullying is NOT okay, and it can lead to serious consequences. I said it is a pause for 10 and under because it has serious subjects and situations that might need to be discussed with an adult. I watched it and discussed it with my mom. Overall, a great movie with a great message: Stand up for yourself, and don't bully.
Kid, 12 years old April 14, 2013

Powerful and emotional film.

This film proves that bullying is a serious problem in our country. Bullying is so serious, an eleven year-old boy thought it easier to end his own life than stand up for himself. That is ridiculous. I think the worst of it is how not just kids, but adults treat the lesbian girl. She stated she attempted suicide three times. Once again, ridiculous. This is one of those very few movies that made me cry. I can only imagine the horror of finding my brother hanging lifelessly by a rope. This film shows that you CAN make a difference. Due to the seriousness of this film, I'd wait until you were at least 11 until seeing it.
Kid, 10 years old October 30, 2012

Very Good Movie

First off let me just say that this is one of the best movies I've never seen before. This movie is beautiful and teaches kids that bullying can lead to really terrible things like suicide. I cried a river when I watched this movie because it is one of the most emotional movies I've ever seen. I think that it should be PG because then parents would let their child see it and let them learn a lesson from this movie. Bullying is a terrible thing and I know that because I have been bullied also in real life. My friends friend committed suicide because he was getting bullied too much. I think that is a really good beautiful movie that teaches kids that bullying is terrible and we need to do everything that we can to make our world a bully-free zone from any harm. My counselor in my school has worked with us so much that there is so little bullying. Everyone in my school is now so nice to each other. Even some people who don't know other people became fast friends like in a sec. I hope that everyone can watch this movie and learn that bullying is a terrible thing and we have to do everything to stand up to bullying.:(
Teen, 13 years old Written byVengence128 August 30, 2012

Wow

This docu Is great! and touching and also a bit sad, viewers said that they have cried but watch out! this film has lots of swearing such as f--k p--sy etc
Teen, 13 years old Written bystvn8or July 7, 2012

Amazing movie.

However, it's a positive message ridden with violence and language.
Kid, 9 years old May 27, 2012

Great Movie:) 12 and up!!

BULLY takes a frank, head-on look at the bullying epidemic happening in America's middle and high schools. It profiles several young victims -- including Alex, a 12-year-old in Sioux City, Iowa, who endures merciless teasing and physical abuse on the school bus every day, and Kelby, a 16-year-old in Tuttle, Okla., who has been ostracized and attacked ever since coming out as a lesbian. In telling their stories and others, Bully explores the full range of bullying's impact on kids, their families, and their communities, from the devastation of teen suicide to frustrated parents getting nowhere with school administrators. And, more than anything, it encourages teens to make a difference -- to stand up against bullying instead of standing by.. It's impossible not to be affected by the stories of these tweens and teens; you'll tear up when Tyler Long's parents recount what drove their 17-year-old firstborn to suicide, and you'll want to scream at the administrator who downplays Alex's parents' concerns when they come in to talk about how to keep their son safe on his way to and from school. Particularly chilling is the story of 14-year-old Ja'Meya, who ended up brandishing a gun at her bullies when she felt pushed to the edge of her endurance. No one was hurt, but the fact that she even considered that as a response to her situation shows you just how much pain some kids are in every day. This movie is great. Telling every side of bullying,but some language might not be for kids. Positive messages to stop bullying are in the movie while not so much positive role models.. But there are some like Kelby, a gay teen who wants to stand up and make a change for herself and others. Parents are generally supportive and determined to help their kids and/or others in similar situations. School administrators, on the other hand, come across as unhelpful, inflexible, and oblivious, and the lives/motivations of the bullies themselves aren't investigated or addressed. violence- of course... Thats bullying. Anyways. this is the violence, The movie makes clear that the most severe bullying violence isn't always physical, but also verbal and emotional. Teen/tween suicide is one of the movie's central topics, with friends and family members emotionally mourning the loss of their loved ones. Many kids recount repeated incidents of physical abuse (being choked, sat on, stabbed with pencils, etc.) and threats (one brutal scene captured by filmmakers includes a boy saying, graphically, that he'll shove a broomstick up another boy's rear and cut him with a knife). Another teen discusses previous suicide attempts and a past history of cutting. Hitting/punching/scuffling, both between friends and between bullies and their victims. Security camera footage shows a girl brandishing a gun at other kids when she feels she's been pushed too far. Other images of guns, some within a hunting context. I reccomend this for everyone ages 13 and up! PAUSE for kids ages 12 and under.. AND NO NO NO NO NO for ages 9 and under. Thanks for reading this:)
Kid, 11 years old May 22, 2012

good movie

I think that it was a really good movie it should be watch because a lot of kids bully and some are begin bulied.
Kid, 11 years old May 4, 2012

My Fists Were Clenched the Whole Time

This is such a sad movie. Though it made me very angry. Because all those jack a teachers are just saying, "Oh, kids will be kids" or, "Well, I cant do anything about it because i am such a lame a." How can they say that? I cant believe this is happening. I mean, two kids comitted scuiside for christs sake! How did we let it get so out of control that kids are killing themself? This has to freakin stop. :( If you have been bullied, are the bully, or just a bystander, i recomend this movie to you. watch it please. D:
Teen, 16 years old Written byBestPicture1996 April 29, 2012

Truly a must-see

If ever there was a time to see a documentary about what's REALLY going on in victim's lives, NOW is the time to see it. Hopefully people will catch on to this great movie's message and replay it in schools everywhere. My only complaint is why didn't they interview the bullies? They only focused on the victims.
Teen, 13 years old Written bysheldore the great April 26, 2012

One way

this movie is a great oppertunity for kids to really see the big picture in life. What others are doin to them. I belive that we all need this experience we all need 2 see this movie.
Teen, 13 years old Written byjas-maina April 26, 2012

one remark can ruin 100 lifes.

kids will relize bulling is a horrible thing and you shouldnt do it because after u ruin a kids life they might kill thereself. and then your not only ruinging one persons life your ruining a whole familys life and friends lifes. just from one remark like you dont smell good. or maybe something more simple like you cant sit here.
Kid, 12 years old April 26, 2012

This is a powerful and intense movie that's definitely worth seeing!

This movie originaly recieved an R rating from the MPAA that (from my perspective) is completely unecceptible. Yes, this movie does have some violent and disturbing images, but that is what some kids younger than ten go through every single day. There is one profanity filled scene in wich a high-schooler tells one of the younger kids that he'll "f*cking end him by shoving a f*cking broomstick up his a*s". Then he says he'll "cut his face off and sh*t and f*cking bring a knife to school". That's about all the profanity in the movie. There is one intense scene (caught on bus security cameras) where a girl takes out '45 pistol and points it at the kids who were bullying her. Luckily no one was hurt. I really liked this movie becuase it spreds out awareness about what is actually happening on the bus. It also sent a good message about bullying,that bullies can be stopped if we stand up to them. My MPAA rating is PG for some strong thematic material throughout, a scene of strong language, and a violent image.