All member reviews for Burlesque

Teen, 13 years old Written byMadbax21 April 10, 2011

Fun for teen musical lovers.

Love the music.
Teen, 13 years old Written byCheeseisdabomb2 December 22, 2010

I am 13... an i thought the movie was AMAZING! I thoght it was perfectly fine for my age group. On the other hand, i am very mature for my age and I think that teens my age might not understand the concept of the movie, and think of it as "A movie about a strip club". The nudity is intense but not to a point where an immature child would be "grossed out". For parents, I suggest that you see it with your teens, and if they have any problems or questions about it, be ready to answer them.
Teen, 13 years old Written byKylee_A April 20, 2013

Great movie, but a lot to do with sexual things

This is a great movie! Just a lot to do with sexual dancing and talking. There is a scene with X-tina and someone else making out for like 30 seconds. But other than that, this is a great movie. It does have a couple positive messages, though. One is to follow your dreams, and learn who to trust.
Teen, 14 years old Written bybromo_734 March 19, 2011

Perfect for teenagers but not tweens

This movie is really good, especially if you like dance. The problem is that it is a VERY sexy movie, and is good for 14+ depending on what kind of movies you think are appropriate. It is a very good chick flick and the dancing is awesome!
Kid, 10 years old January 21, 2011

Whateverdubs.

FANTASTIC! I thought this was going to be full of, "Hey I'm not wearing a bra!" "Cool" "Wanna make out?" But it wasn't. It had great music and Cher was fantastic. CHristina Aguilera gave a very good debut film performance.
Teen, 13 years old Written byleftbehindcrazed8 November 29, 2010

older kids only

i don't think younger teens and tweens should go see this, and i can tell by the commercials.
Kid, 10 years old October 24, 2013

I love it

I'm 10 and I love the movie it was great if someone watches it it might have a little bit of bad stuff on it but I loved the music,message,and story.❤
Teen, 15 years old Written byIlovecats24 August 14, 2011

Not for kids

This movie is not for kids. It had barely dressed women in all of the movie, and a mans rear end is shown breifly. It shows the charaters laying in bed, covered up. Language- the f-bomb is dropped in there once. Drinking is shown alot.
Teen, 13 years old Written bylivnada April 4, 2011

i honestly think this movie is aweful
Teen, 13 years old Written byemkat97 January 14, 2011

I LOVED this movie.

This movie does have a lot of sexual content, but that is to be expected since the movie is all about dancers at a burlesque lounge in LA. The language isn't too bad, there are three or four s-words, and one f-word, but otherwise it's pretty fine. If you are one of those people like me who go to see a movie for a good story, then you shouldn't see it because the plot is completely unoriginal. BUT if you also love music and performing like me, then go see this because two of pop's greatest are featured: Christina Aguilera and Cher! Christina shines and returns to the sultry vibe she had on 2006's "Back to Basics". For me, her highlight is either the cover of "Tough Lover" or the campy "But I Am a Good Girl". And although Cher is only given 2 songs while X-Tina gets 8, her ballad "You Haven't Seen The Last Of Me" proves that the 64 year old has still got it. Go see this! You'll leave singing and tapping your feet (Psst!! Calling all Glee fans!! Dianna Agron (aka Quinn) makes a quick one-scene cameo as Natalie!!!!)
Teen, 14 years old Written byrebecca6677 December 11, 2010

Well, I'm 14 years old and I went to see it and I have to say that I didn't think it was appropriate for my age group. The moral of the story to follow your dreams was perfect however everything in between with sex wasn't. The movie wasn't perfect but I loved the music!
Teen, 17 years old Written byChubbster December 2, 2010

Not the best movie for kids...

Well, by the way I am 17, I think this movie isn't THAT great of a movie for 15 years old. Its hardly appropriate for teens! It has too much sexual behavior and nudity, lots of alcohol and drinking also. So, yeah, VERY inappropriate.
Teen, 17 years old Written byaidanqm1996 April 8, 2013

Enjoyable, but pretty risque

Okay, first things first. Christina Aguilera has an amazing voice. I don't think anyone could argue with that. I've waited to see this movie for over 2 years, and I could not wait to watch it. I have mixed feelings about "Burlesque." I loved the songs and some of the choreography. However, I didn't like watching girls shake their partially-clothed behinds in the camera. The majority of the dance scenes are quite sensual. There's one or two that are more risque than all the others though. Other than the dancing, Ali and Jack have a romantic affair. Jack teasingly walks throughout the apartment naked, and the only thing covering up his front is a box of cookies. (You see his naked rear). It's more of a comedic scene than a sexual scene, but still... that doesn't change what we see. I waited until I was 17 to watch this, and I still was a bit uncomfortable at a few moments. Overall a good movie, but not for kids under 16 or 17.
Kid, 10 years old February 9, 2013

Berlesque Movie Review

Burlesque is a movie about a girl from Iowa who hopes to "Make It Big" In Los Angeles. While she is there, she finds a nightclub and gets a job as a dancer. This movie has some they come very close to being nude and there is a sex scene as well. Also this movie has some language throughout the movie. I am 10 years old and very mature for my age, I think most kids at my school would be "Grossed out". I would say if you have a mature 12 or 13 year old, this movie might be okay.
Teen, 16 years old Written byTiffy6666 July 23, 2012

100/10

I just watched this movie, I thought the scenes in the burlesque club were going to be either horrifically awkward or horribly cheesy to watch with parents but it was actually an awesome movie!! I loved the beginning, middle and end and was sad to see the credits come up. The dancing was a little suggestive but the soundtrack and Christina Aguilera's voice made up for it. A great big thumbs up from me as I'm sure you will agree! (Plus if nothing else you've got Cam Gigandet's lovely eyes *cough* body *cough* to stare at for an hour and a half!) Can't wait to watch it again, I hope there is a sequel!!
Teen, 13 years old Written bymelanalopez November 12, 2011

Be open and know your child.

I think if you know your child well enough this will be an enjoyable movie, on the flip side if you and your child not open with each other some scenes in this movie maybe a bit awkward.
Kid, 11 years old April 9, 2011

It is very Perfect Movie!,But the worst the say some bad words ,Many Drinks! and the music sexually costume so beautiful but it was embarrased.well it will be ok! and Nice movie!
Teen, 17 years old Written bykkmovie March 20, 2011

More like a sexy musical

I thought this movie was ok. If you like chick flicks you'd like this. The only problems would be the dancing and the outfits. But if you can get past that it's a great movie. It's great because it shows that if you believe in yourself and try hard you can go anywhere.
Teen, 15 years old Written byOGORMAN March 18, 2011

Plenty of laughs, great songs, and amazing acting by Cher, Christina, and more!

This was one of the best movies I have seen in a long time. Sure you see Cam Gigandet's naked tushy, but I mean what girl wouldn't want to see that? He's gorgeous! They don't make the moment purely sexual, it's actually quite funny. The "barely there" costumes and some language are really the only things you need to worry about with this movie.
Teen, 13 years old Written byjada knows best December 18, 2010

Expectantly good

I think that burlesque was very good. I was suprised by the actors they did very good. There are some concerns, i mean the movie is about like a sexual dance club but not like stripper stuff. there was some suggestive language but it made it very funny. I think that it was rated correctly, you know it stuck to the theme follow your dreams, which was very good.The movie also talks about how you should keep the things that you care about which was also good. The singing and music was amazing, Christina and Cher killed it. There was a lot of good morals and music and ok acting. I give 4 thumbs up. By the way the guy who plays jackin the movie, Cam Gigandet, also played James in twilight, and a caddy in "Whos your Caddy". He is very cute, that doesnt relate to my comment but whatever