All member reviews for Burn After Reading

Teen, 14 years old Written byStevie111 June 2, 2012

Dark Comedy has loads of language

Constant language fills this comedy. There's some sexual content, fairly crude, but not often at all. Same with violence, minimal, but disturbing. If you don't mind language, 14+ should be fine
Teen, 17 years old Written bywhitesoxbuff March 9, 2010

WARNING THIS MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS: Good Movie. As much as I liked Brad Pitt the scene where he got shot was the best part. But it got boring after that
Teen, 13 years old Written bygodawgs56 January 19, 2010

Without Brad Pitt the movie would have been a disaster. But they had him so it was okay.
Teen, 14 years old Written byeastside01 June 11, 2009

See after reading my review.

Burn After Reading proves that the Coen brothers have not lost there touch of comedy or drama they put an eerie sound to the movie and dumb funny characters to add. Very Good.
Teen, 16 years old Written byevolinag September 7, 2012

The Coen’s thriller satire has a little violence, sex. Mature teens and up!

"Burn after Reading" is a satirical thriller by critically acclaimed writer-directors, Joel and Ethan Coen. Their movies are commonly known for going a thin line between comedy and serious movies. Well, this one surely isn't a movie that will make you laugh out loud, but it also is not 100% taken to be seriously. The movie is about two fitness trainers (Brad Pitt and Frances McDormand) who by coincidence find a compact disc including the memoirs of a CIA analyst (John Malkovich). In the meantime, a man named Pfarrer (George Clooney) suffers paranoia and also tries to find a woman. However, all of these events go horribly wrong... Critically, the Coen brothers are one of the best directors of all time. Also, this movie is good. The movie is basically about the incompitence of the CIA - it is filled with a lot of humorous elements, but also has some intense moments. This combination is interesting and fascinating, and so the audience will have a great time with this movie. However, when the movie's over you will have the feeling something is missing. It is entertaining, but somehow lacks the brilliance of the Coen's previously released movies, like "No Country for Old Men" or "Fargo". There are superb, witty dialogues and all the actors are great, but somehow there is a feeling you have seen better movies from the Coens. (SPOILERS may follow:) As for the age restriction: there is some violence. A character is unexpectedly shot in the head. There is quite a lot of blood. Another character is shot in the shoulder and then repeatedly hit with an axe (it is seen from a distance, there is some blood). Apart from these two scenes, there is no violence. The deaths are sudden, but handable. It is much less graphic than its preceeder, "No Country for Old Men". The sex is not too strong - we don't see any nudity, but we hear moaning. In one scene we see a chair featuring a rubber penis. The language is typically R-Rated. Apart from this, there is nothing too strong. I think mature teens can handle the movie. (END OF SPOILERS)
Teen, 14 years old Written bymajema007 June 22, 2011

Christ what a waste of money...

I've never seen a movie so boring, so uninteresting with a lazy ending. The set up is that a women wants to increase her cleavage but doesn't have the cash, and somehow finds important information on a CD which I think was from the FBI or CIA. She figures if she returns it, she'll get a reward and somehow this leads to people hearing about it and trying to kill and lie to get it. The movie takes this simple idea and just makes it go on forever and making it complex as possible. It's not intended for kids since its dark, has sexual references but maybe its because its boring, drags on forever and it isn't funny.
Teen, 13 years old Written byYeah. February 27, 2011

Check my page for other great recommendations.

I'm not here to give a review because if it shows up on my page its a 5 star movie and so therefore you know what i think about it.
Teen, 15 years old Written bymongofa June 10, 2010

For mid-teens, but adults would enjoy it most

It was so-so, the Coen brothers are one of my favorites but this didn't do it for me, because I thought the plot was confusing. If I was older I would've prabably understood it more.
Kid, 12 years old December 31, 2009

This Movie Is Terrible.Totally Innapropriate

This Movie Sucks. First of all the funniest character gets shot in the head halfway into the movie. A guy makes a sex machine that you sit on and a sex toy shoots up. At the end the only character who isn't either a liar or a cheater gets butchered to death. All other characters except for the guy who gets butchered are mean & greedy liars. They say every foul word including but not limited to s***, p*ss, f***, c***, m********ker, c******ker, t*ts, and many more. The story line was horrible. Do not go see this movie. I threw up after I watched it.
Teen, 14 years old Written byBrando804 August 30, 2009

Good movie with a dark, "lesson learned" outcome

I like this Cohen brothers movie because it teaches that violence and lies get you no where in the professional world.
Teen, 16 years old Written byMr581 July 27, 2009

Teen, 13 years old Written bylolfaceman June 24, 2009

e.g. Perfect for older kids, but not for tweens

LOL SO FUNNY
Kid, 9 years old April 27, 2009

Quit makin' films, Cohen.

Dosen't get much dumber than this.
Teen, 17 years old Written bycopperzinc April 6, 2009

Teen, 13 years old Written byalpha1014 December 27, 2008

Dumb comedy, not worth watching.

This is a pretty dumb, pointless movie. There are 2 killing scenes, which they try to make out as funny. The people seem to not know how to say sentences without swearing, and there is a lot of sex. The whole film has about no point to it and should not be watched at any age.