All member reviews for Camp Rock

Disney turns out a fun, clean, surefire tween hit.

Teen, 14 years old Written bySilverSnake July 9, 2010

Its too similler

Oh my gosh I dlsike this movie so very much, I did watch it all the way through, it made my head hurt. The acting is horrible, and you know whats going to happen!! And Michie is a tad pathetic, I mean she lies about who her mom is and who she is just to fit in with girls she doesnt even like! Its pradicable: A new girl comes around and she automaticly isnt consittered 'cool' so she lies, gets into the 'cool' group, that usually consists of wanna be fashion snobs. She ends up having to suck up to the 'ring leader' and she has to constantly lie. She finds one true friend but even ignores her half the time to be with the snobs. MeanWhile the boy of her dreams is stressing with whatever hes stressing with, they meet, but its usually not a pleasent meeting. Girl gets caught in her web of lies and pretty much EVERYONE turns agents her, leaving to weap and cry, mean girl frames her for something she didn't do, the girl hardly does anything to defend herself and cries again, somehow all odds work out and she gets what she wants some how, friends of mean girl turn agents her, the boy that was origionally a spoiled snob ( or best friend of main character ) falls in love with main girl. They reunite and fall in love, main girl ends up being a star or something 'good' Best friend forgives her out of the blue. That, is usually how it is.... in EVERY. SINGLE. MOVIE. Dont tell me I'm wrong because I'm not, the plots are the same, Mitchie may learn to be herself, but she is a brat through most of the movie, there are many catfights and shouting through it out and everything turns randomly. I'm sorry, I understand they are not perfect, but they need to use more creativity.
Teen, 14 years old Written byHunterJumper13 January 4, 2011

Who would WATCH this?!

Really? Camp Rock? I think I'll just go cry in a corner... Let me count the reasons why I hate this movie: 1. It has the Jonas Brothers 2. It's sooo predictable. The mean girls turn out to be nice, the main charicter and one of the Jonas Brothers (I don't know which one, I have better things to remember) end up together, etc etc 3. The MUSIC (if you could call it that)... Oh my gosh it made my ears bleed... 4. It has the Jonas Brothers in it (I must remind you of this fact) 5. TERRIBLE acting. "Oh gosh, I'm just so nervous!" *girlish scream and hand wringing* 6. You say "family movie"? Honestly, what dad or older kids would enjoy watching this junk? Only the 4 year olds and the doting mothers. 7. One of the songs goes "This is me, I'm exactly where I'm supposed to be and I'm gonna let the light *voice rises to shriek* SHINE ON MEEEEE!!!". Do you really want your eardrums to burst? Save your money, your ears, and your braincells. Don't watch this movie.
Teen, 13 years old Written byIrateyourmovies October 9, 2009

you should be proud of who you are not lie about it

This movie had some awesome music.... I will give it that. But I couldn't help but lose interest, because all she could seem to do was lie about who she is. She wasn't proud of who she was and I didn't like that. You shouldn't feel like you have to change just to fit in.
Parent Written bymomistheword September 9, 2011

Just read my review and u'll get my poiint

Are you kidding me? This so boring. A movie is suppose to be entertaining with twists and turns and strong characters and this is just....Not. Its basically about A teen who has no friends is not popular , blah blah blah and gets to go to a summer camp witch is based about rock? More like cheesy pop. And then the main character mitchie wants to 'fit in' with the snobs of the camp who everybody is afraid of (for some reason) and lies about her self and her family and basically does a bad preformance and then the movie is over. First of all this is unrealistic. And boring. No story no plot no twists and turns. Its not a good movie. Weve seen this all before the same characters,plot,story. The music is so annoying that not even 7 yr olds will like!! Its just a mistake and should have never premiered. The characters lie to eachother,Make fun of eatchother.... Why can't there just all be friends or whatnot. No good rolemodels. You say mitchie is? She basically lies to every one and has no respect for anyone!! don't watch it, it is sooo bad. this is my opinon but i strongly advised you say NO!!
Kid, 11 years old March 20, 2011

LAAAME!!

I can describe it for you in 2 words. IT SUCKS! It's so stupid, unrealistic, and predictable. The characters were poorly developed and so was the plot. Don't watch it.
Kid, 12 years old September 3, 2010

Kid, 10 years old December 31, 2008

I was disapointed

I saw all the preveiws and was so excited and then I watched the movie with my friends. my friends all said they liked it ( I think it's just because the Jonas brothers were in it, but then again thats the only reason I liked it;)but ya I was really disapointed.
Parent of a 18 year old Written bySuperStarzSingerz August 29, 2013

This is Me!

Camp Rock is one of my favorite movies. From a teenage standpoint, this movie shows that teenagers DO make mistakes and the outcome isn't necessarily pretty or what you want. For Mitchie, she wanted to "fit in". we all want to fit in at one point of our lives. In the End, Mitchie realizes she can just sing and be herself.
Kid, 11 years old July 6, 2011

Quit hating!! Keep your mean  comments to yourself nobody likes a hater!!!  
Kid, 12 years old May 8, 2011

Good movie

I think all the people who say its sucks because the Jonas brothers are in it are just plain immature, and they don't know how to judge a good movie when they see it (at least not rationally). Its a great movie really for the whole family. Even though its predictable (like tons of movies are), its still awesome. The music is nice too, and I think the role models are great, even though I'm not a real big fan of the Joe bros. It has a cute storyline. Its an overall really good movie, not the best though.
Teen, 13 years old Written byACDCkicksBeibersbutt December 10, 2010

Camp Rock? More like Camp Pop!

I didn't see many commercials for this, so when my sister said she was watching Camp Rock, I said, what the heck? There was one thing. THERE WAS NO ROCK! Disney stars think if they throw some guitars and drums in, they're rock. Kid's think Hanna Montana and the Jonas Brothers are rock stars when they should be listening the music like AC/DC, Aerosmith, Jimi Hendrix, and Airbourne if they want real rock.
Teen, 16 years old Written byhamstergurl09 November 28, 2010

*Slams Palm of Hand Against Forehead*

At the Disney creative team meeting: "We need something fresh that the stupid little mainstream 12 year olds will like. How about we ruin the genre of rock, and while we're at it, let's ruin it with the JONAS BROTHERS! That oughta hit home with the kids!" Seriously, this movie is so terrible. How could they possibly call this Camp Rock? It should be called "Camp Pop" or "Camp Jonas Brothers" or something. This movie is a disgrace to the genre of rock. Stay away from it.
Teen, 14 years old Written by96grlpowrCE August 11, 2010

Not the best, but quite watchable.

I watched this a few years ago and thought it was okay. It wasn't horrible as some say, although it's certainly not one of my favourites. It's a fine movie to watch on a boring summer night, when you've got no plans.
Adult Written byRogerHouston April 9, 2008

Kid, 9 years old July 9, 2012

Not bad? Kinda bad.

The movie is fine but too predictable when she started lieing. But disney needs to ALWAYS HAVE SINGERS! And this one is full of it. The cermercial said featuring "Demi lavato and the JB" which makes some of us whatch it. But some great celebrities are in stupid movies. This one is okay, but to predictable to say she will tell the truth, she will fall in love with joe and yeah. So Demi was pushed in this movie. Because as long disney has her, she needs to. So the acting was good. Almost every Disney movie is predictable, aspecialy there shows. The actors are babyish, they yell they fight it's stupidly which Is annoying. Every word Demi says Is "lie,lie,lie,lie,lie" until infinaty! The show is not realistic,because 1. When the girl was playing the keyboard the mean girl yelled and said "a snake!" everyone should know there's no snake, everyone panicked for no reason acting stupid instead of ignoring her to know there is not a snake it's the stupid cord. 2.demi and joe likes eachother automatically.3. The characters never grow up. 4 it's like any other Disney show, love, singing, mean rivals, and a predictable plot. So there. You can whatch it if you want, but it's okay.
Teen, 15 years old Written byLovaticsSmile November 30, 2011

:D

AMAZING! Demi takes such a perfect part of Mitchie :)
Teen, 13 years old Written byILuvCats November 3, 2011

Stupid Movie!

Utterly horrendous! If you like a whole movie to be about flirting and 3 boys then this is that movie. As for me i hate this movie! this is he same storyline as starstruck and about a million other Disney movies, where the girl hates a famous person and eventually meets him and ends up really liking him. In the end there is a kiss and they I've happily ever after! Dumb!
Adult Written bymovie master February 22, 2011

good for any age good movie
Kid, 9 years old October 30, 2010

Camp Rock

NOTHING Bad.Its Agreatb Movie.I Like The Second One Better Though.Mitchie Actully Freaks Me Out.Shane Is Great And My Favorite Jonas Brother Also.Even Though They Put Kevin Jonas And Nick Jonas In The Cover They Have Barely Any Role.Camp Rock Is Good For Ages Three And Up.
Adult Written byluella August 23, 2010

Good for 6-9 after that it gets boring!

Its OKAY.