All member reviews for Capote

Teen, 14 years old Written bytobymac520 April 9, 2008

Teen, 13 years old Written byThedude57447434 September 11, 2013

My review

This movie is based on the infamous murders that happened in Kansas in 1959 I'm a Kansas boy and I have to say this movie is pretty accurate I've read the book and its a great read I loved both a must see movie
Teen, 13 years old Written bybubbleboy June 6, 2009

Phenomenal, Absolutely Phenomenal

Every single aspect of this glorious film hit the bulls-eye. EVERYTHING!!! Philip Seymour-Hoffman's performance is among the most astounding that I've ever seen; he captures Capote's every mannerism: the high voice, the squinted eyes, every lip lick, it all feels absolutely genuine. Catherine Keener is also notably good as Harper Lee, the author of "To Kill a Mockingbird" and Truman's close friend. And I haven't even begun about the story. OH, the story! It takes us through the grueling, emotionally and mentally toiling research for "In Cold Blood," Capote's most famous novel. It (as most know) tells the story of two young men who, without any apparent motive, break into a Kansas farmhouse and murder its four inhabitants. Supposedly the world's first "nonfiction novel," its arrival becomes eagerly awaited. While Truman gathers information for the novel, he becomes somewhat obsessed with one of the killers, Perry, and they develop something of a friendship. The scene where Perry tells Truman the story of the night of the murders is compelling, haunting, and sticks with you for days after viewing. Put simply, you owe it to yourself to see this film. There is a fair quotient of violence (if only briefly), but not much else.
Teen, 15 years old Written byllreichling November 2, 2010

Teen, 16 years old Written bydtlounge7 August 8, 2009

kids may not enjoy it, but a great adult movie!

not a kids type of movie, but i really enjoyed it. phillip seymour hoffman rocks! i like his interpretation of truman capote!
Teen, 15 years old Written byBrando804 July 26, 2010

Phillip Seymour Hoffman is amazing as Truman Capote. I don't know why common sense said "adults only". I'm 15, and I loved it. Not at all as violent as it says. Only one f-word. Its clear that the filmmakers were trying for a pg-13, but ended up with an R because of a very brief, bloody scene towards the end.
Teen, 17 years old Written byinspiration-bg April 9, 2008

Good film

Very good film, not the best, not the worst.