All member reviews for Captain America: The Winter Soldier

Teen, 17 years old Written byshrekmaster April 4, 2014

Cap knows it!

The film is amazing! It's a typical Marvel Movie! No blood, all shooting. Know your kids!
Teen, 13 years old Written byRobby Berger April 18, 2014

An amazing and exciting sequel to the first Captain America

I was personally thrilled by seeing this movie, but also surprised at all the action and plot twists in it as well. It has at least twice the action of the first one and some intense scenes where a man has people attach a thing to their lapel which he says will allow them access to anywhere in the building, but in actuality, cause a large hole to burn through the wear's torso. A little creepy. Another creepy scene is when Cap's old nemisis from the first movie is computerized and has a really creepy computerized "face". When the winter soldier (I won't say who it is) finds out that he knew cap at one point, has his memory erased and that scene is a little wierd.
Teen, 16 years old Written byPhoenixfire12003 April 26, 2014

Amazing Marvel movie; the absolute best, with quite a bit of violence.

Captain America: The Winter Soldier does not disappoint in ANY aspect. Despite the thoughts of other users, I found this movie to be eons better than The Avengers, as I was bored in some cases during that movie. However, I was never bored during this movie! *SPOILERS AHEAD* Violence: 9/10 There was a heavy amount of violence; but one particular scene that creeper me out. The Winter Soldier (aka Bucky) begins to remember Cap, but the HYDRA workers brainwash/torture him in one scene, which featured very loud screaming. In the after credits scene, there are the very creepy "twins" that scared the living daylight out of my 8-year old sister. Other than that, not much "scary" violence, other than a few jump scares, but there are a few scenes that are quite graphic, (a man gets a knife thrown in his hand, Nick Fury removes his eyepatch, Cap's face is a bloody mess during the final showdown, etc.) Sex: 1/10Two kisses, one mention of "public affection" that some parents might not appreciate. Language: 7/10 A few "h-'ll"s "d@mn"s and one Son of a b. Overall, a great movie, should not be missed by Marvel fans and non-Marvel fans alike.
Teen, 13 years old Written bybeautyshopbass April 21, 2014

EXCELLENT!!!

Thank you, Marvel, for never failing my expectations. Just wow. The Winter Soldier was an excellently made movie. For me, as a 13 year old, this wasn't the most violent movie I've ever seen. I won't deny that there isn't plenty of violence, or language for that matter, but it's not something that you need to cover your kid's ears or eyes for. You shouldn't be taking your child to see this movie if they want heroes to always win, because this movie shows that while not every superhero always wins or succeeds in their goal, they show the attributes to make it there. You shouldn't take your child to see this movie if you don't want them hearing words like "s***" or "h***". Personally, I thought I heard "b****" in one part, but I don't know. In my opinion, you should make a wise decision based on your child's knowledge and maturity whether or not to see this movie.
Kid, 12 years old April 18, 2014

EPIC

This was an AMAAAAAAZING movie. I loved it. There was no sex, just a brief kiss when Captain America and The Black Widow have to pretend they are a couple. However, there is a TON of violence. I'm a mature 12 year old and am not fazed by much, but some parts even creeped me out a bit. The particularly creepy parts are when the police start targeting and trying to kill Nick in very extreme ways, when the freaky dead scientist appears in the computer, and when The Winter Soldier has flashbacks of his surgery and gets brainwashed (lots of screaming). There's plenty of shooting and some electrocution when Captain America beats up his attackers in an elevator. This is a very epic (and heartwrenching, at the end) movie. Totally worth seeing!
Kid, 12 years old December 18, 2014

Pretty violent Marvel movie

This movie is rather similar to the second Iron Man. There is a lot of hand-to-hand combat (including an awesome scene with George St-Pierre) and violence. Black Widow's costume is kind-of skimpy and she and Cap have to kiss to avoid the corrupt officials once. There is some minor language. But the best part of the movie is definitely Falcon. He is awesome.
Kid, 11 years old December 13, 2014

Incredible!

There is quite some cursing and violent scenes in the movie if I do say so myself, however this is by far the best avengers movie I have ever seen in my whole life. At one part the winter soldier shoots captain America at least 10 times before he puts in the chip afterwards he gets shot twice more and fall 80 yards out of the air and slams in to a large lake by the S.H.E.I.L.D. head quarters. And captain America uses his shield to survive a very large explosion. And some extremely intense scenes involving nick fury. Partners if you don't like the shooting it's OK either wait or just get over the fact that your kid is going up. Pretty interns for the most part but I still think it is a great movie.
Kid, 8 years old November 16, 2014

okay this is my second favorite super hero movie

This is my second favorite super hero movie. My favorite is IRON-MAN it is so good. Parents if you don't like a lot of shooting then don't let your kids watch this until they are older. This one is way better and more violent then the first one.
Teen, 13 years old Written byfuzzmee May 1, 2014

Great writing, funny, and NO smut.

This is an all-around great movie. You know how sometimes when you go to watch a movie and you think to yourself, "Ugh, this movie is so stupid. I can't wait 'til it's over."? I DIDN'T think that ONCE while watching The Winter Soldier. I think it is great because the story is gripping and you're never bored, for once the comedy is clever and not dirty, and the graphics were awesome. My little sister (10) came to the theaters to watch it with me and she loved it. I don't get how some people said on this website this was an "adult" movie because it obviously isn't. The only thing that was inappropriate was how Black Widow shows some uneeded cleavage and the trailers before the movie were nasty. But I guess everone has their opinion. :) The winter Soldier is worth the money to go and see it.
Kid, 9 years old April 29, 2014

marvel movie is action packed!

i saw this the day after it came out and it had a lot of gun violence at the worst but if your a fan of action movies watch this some words like s--t in battle
Teen, 14 years old Written byCritic101 April 21, 2014

My thoughts

Its definetly a good movie to watch if your looking for entertainment, it keeps you geussing! Its pretty appropriate for kids over 10 or 12 with the violence it contains, but its nothing major.
Teen, 15 years old Written bygranth June 30, 2014

The winter soldier is 2x better than the first film

Captain america:the winter soldier puts the captain on S.H.I.E.L.D.s most wanted. A possible new avenger is introduced. One main character of the avengers series is killed (later revealed alive) and someone from the previous film is revealed alive.There is a huge twist that will change the series forever.Captain america shows loyalty to allies even in the darkest hour and this film shows many positive messages.
Kid, 10 years old May 24, 2014

Awesome Superhero Sequel Will Make You Very Pleased

Some scenes in this AMAZING movie were a little bit too violent, but over all not much blood is shown, a bunch of punching, kicking, shooting (etc.) But it's really ok. Language isn't much of a problem in this movie. I loved it!
Teen, 14 years old Written byeschmu May 5, 2014

Fantastic Movie

I wasn't expecting it to be that good of a movie. I felt very entertained and thrilled. I enjoyed all the action and amusement. I liked having Scarlett Johansson in this movie. I think it was great for mature little kids that are able to watch violence. There was a lot of violence but no sex which was great!
Teen, 14 years old Written bymcashd55 April 22, 2014

One for the Captain

This movie definitely scored! I absolutely loved it! It had a lot of action and combat fighting. The captain definitely scored. For fans of superhero movies and Marvel Studio.
Teen, 13 years old Written byhyperactivefood April 14, 2014

Wow!

This movie is amazing. Trust me, if your kids haven't heard a bad word or seen a kiss...then my question is have you been keeping them in a box? This movie is a-okay for 8 and up. To be honest, do you really think some kid is going "Wow! I wanna go around kicking arse like captain america and swearing and kissing black widow!" No...kids say "Wow! I wanna have a shield!" Its really okay. I guess its like the whole barbie epidemic. When I was younger I didn't say "I wanna be thin, blonde haired, tall, make up caked, Like Barbie!" I said "Wow! I so wanna curl her hair!" I don't think the consumerism was meant to be consumerism...I think its meant to be like "Hey! Did you catch that Iron Man Doll?"
Kid, 9 years old August 8, 2014

Honestly, better than the original!

"The Winter Soldier" is impressive in means of special effects and overall storyline. Several scenes can be very violent, including hand-to-hand combat, LOADS of gunplay, and a few honest jump scares, but nothing a Marvel fan can't handle. If you aren't used to things like that, DON'T see this, but if you want real Chris Evans talent, Captain America: The Winter Soldier will appear to you as an action movie work of art. . . . but also see the first one.
Kid, 12 years old April 26, 2014
Teen, 14 years old Written byangeloot January 3, 2015

Pretty bloody but minimal violence

Great movie! Definately way more violent as the first and a lot more blood. A lot of cracking and splitting noises that inhance the violence. Lots of shootings, one kiss, mild language. If you approve go see it!
Kid, 11 years old July 9, 2014

The Woah-inter Soldier

This movie was epic. But there was a boatload of gun play and it was pretty intense. I recommend it for no one younger than 9.