All member reviews for Captain America: The Winter Soldier

Teen, 13 years old Written byjohnstewart May 1, 2015

Really violent - NOT for the younger fans!

Title says it all. The movie is pretty violent and I really don't get the 11+ reviews. I don't know what else to say, the violence was the only explicit thing about the movie.
Teen, 14 years old Written bydkasal000 April 21, 2015

Not as good as the first
Teen, 13 years old Written byThe Marvel Maniac February 22, 2015

GREATEST MOVIE OF ALL TIME!!!

i am a huge marvel fan and this was my favorite of all the marvel movies, in fact it is my favorite movie of all time. there is more gunplay than in the first, and there are very few cuss words. there is only one kiss and it is to avoid capture. it is a great movie for kids who can handle some violence and it has a great ending.
Teen, 13 years old Written byabmoviewatcher February 21, 2015

Great Sequel!!!

Only violence would stop a younger child from watching this movie. A few swears but nothing close to some super hero movies. There is no sexual content unless one strategic kiss counts. Great storyline bound to keep you waiting for the 3rd movie. If you liked the first one and the Avengers, you will love this one!!
Kid, 9 years old January 17, 2015

Violent!!!!!

This movie is very violent. Bloody scenes and lots of guns and explosions. Intense flashbacks throughout.
Teen, 14 years old Written byangeloot January 3, 2015

Pretty bloody but minimal violence

Great movie! Definately way more violent as the first and a lot more blood. A lot of cracking and splitting noises that inhance the violence. Lots of shootings, one kiss, mild language. If you approve go see it!
Kid, 12 years old December 18, 2014

Pretty violent Marvel movie

This movie is rather similar to the second Iron Man. There is a lot of hand-to-hand combat (including an awesome scene with George St-Pierre) and violence. Black Widow's costume is kind-of skimpy and she and Cap have to kiss to avoid the corrupt officials once. There is some minor language. But the best part of the movie is definitely Falcon. He is awesome.
Kid, 11 years old December 13, 2014

Incredible!

There is quite some cursing and violent scenes in the movie if I do say so myself, however this is by far the best avengers movie I have ever seen in my whole life. At one part the winter soldier shoots captain America at least 10 times before he puts in the chip afterwards he gets shot twice more and fall 80 yards out of the air and slams in to a large lake by the S.H.E.I.L.D. head quarters. And captain America uses his shield to survive a very large explosion. And some extremely intense scenes involving nick fury. Partners if you don't like the shooting it's OK either wait or just get over the fact that your kid is going up. Pretty interns for the most part but I still think it is a great movie.
Kid, 8 years old November 16, 2014

okay this is my second favorite super hero movie

This is my second favorite super hero movie. My favorite is IRON-MAN it is so good. Parents if you don't like a lot of shooting then don't let your kids watch this until they are older. This one is way better and more violent then the first one.
Kid, 11 years old October 23, 2014

One of the best Marvels movies

There is not that much sex stuff. It is not that intense if you like action movies, but if you don't watch this kind of thing it might be intense. One of the best scenes is when he fights a pirate. I think you should let your kid watch it. But your kid could get a little bit stressed. I would show them a trailer first.
Kid, 11 years old October 20, 2014

Best Avengers related movie ever!

Constant action violence
Teen, 16 years old Written byAvengingSon98 October 15, 2014

Teen, 13 years old Written byTom Cruise Fan September 23, 2014

Captain America: The Winter Soldier movie review

I was disappointed by "Captain America: The First Avenger". Going into this movie, I didn't get my hopes to high. "Captain America: The Winter Soldier" reminds me of "Terminator 2: Judgment Day" and "The Dark Knight". It was better than the original. In this case, it was hugely improved. I loved how this movie had a spy element to it. I was very surprised by how political it was. The movie was still very interesting. Chris Evans is so much better as the protagonist in this movie than he was in "Captain America: The First Avenger". His chemistry and relationship with Scarlett Johansson was unbelievable. One of the best parts of the movie was how it portrayed Steve Roger's struggle to adjust to life of the 21st century. He tries to find himself in the real world and this is shown brilliantly. This movie revolves around the theme of trust. The theme is portrayed so well. The best part of the movie hands down was the action. I have never seen a superhero movie with better action than "Captain America: The Winter Soldier". The fights between Cap and the Winter Soldier are handled and choreographed magnificently. The only problem I had with this movie was one scene that seemed a little absurd and towards the end, I thought it would be slightly more climacitic. In the end, "Captain America: The Winter Soldier" is a great movie that is so much fun to watch. Personally, I prefer "The Avengers", but this movie is still great. I don't know why you would skip this movie. My three favorite Marvel Cinematic Universe films would be "The Avengers", "Captain America: The Winter Soldier", and "Iron Man" in that order.
Kid, 10 years old September 1, 2014

great movie. just great.

i really like this movie because it's less boring than the first. it's more violent though but its easy to handle
Kid, 12 years old August 21, 2014

Awesome

The best Captain America yet. Action adventure, plus no cuss words. You have to see it.
Teen, 14 years old Written byeazy__breezy August 16, 2014

Tween and teen movie

The Winter Soldier has some language (like sh-t) in it, a good amount of violence and some blood. Not much sexual stuff, Scarlett Johansson's character wears a tight outfit etc. nothing inappropriate. Good for older tweens and teens so 12+
Kid, 10 years old August 9, 2014

THIS IS TOTAL GREATNESS

It's awesome but violence is included.
Kid, 9 years old August 8, 2014

Honestly, better than the original!

"The Winter Soldier" is impressive in means of special effects and overall storyline. Several scenes can be very violent, including hand-to-hand combat, LOADS of gunplay, and a few honest jump scares, but nothing a Marvel fan can't handle. If you aren't used to things like that, DON'T see this, but if you want real Chris Evans talent, Captain America: The Winter Soldier will appear to you as an action movie work of art. . . . but also see the first one.
Teen, 16 years old Written byNo Name, for real. August 5, 2014

A game changer for Marvel

The first Captain America was a downer. It was more a set up to the Avengers subplot than it was anything else, and since that subplot turned out to just be a pushover in the actual movie it made me care for the first avenger even less. However finally we see Captain in all of his glory, both from the frentic fighting, and the nice sweeter personality of him. Undoubtly making him the most awesome 95 year old alive :) Captain being a man out of time wondering what to do in life is a great characterization. This films plot is intense, filled with twists and turns that will undoubtedly make your jaw drop. Trust me, when I thought I had it all figured out, something else would happen that would blow my mind. Expect to see a lot more violence this time around, and its not subtle action either. This movie is way more violent and has much more heavy fighting. Though it's really stylish with only a little blood, it still is extremely brutal at times. Both Cap and Black Widow tend to fight hand-to-hand more often than using weapons, though Captain bashes several bad guys with his shield in ways that will almost make you feel bad for the bad guys. A showdown between Cap and the Winter Soldier is a very tense and well choreographed fight. Speaking of the Winter solider himself, he is a terrifying villain :0 Hes brutal, merciless, and very realistically portrayed as an assassin who's brutal reputation rivals that of many others in the Marvel universe. That realism (as well a shocking connection to captain) makes him that much more of fantastic villain. He throws people around like rag dolls, shoots them without hesitation, and is a brutal bare knuckle brawler, he kills many people in brutal ways, such as throwing them into oncoming traffic, kicking them into helicopter rooters, and crushing them with his metal arm. Adding to that intensity is frequent gun play, and has quiet a few people killed. Overall this movie makes Captain more appealing in every way you would like him to be, as well as shifting everything you ever thought about Marvel. Really really happy with this one :)
Teen, 16 years old Written byKinbJune August 2, 2014

A Haze of CGI-induced Battles

The plethora of franchises owned and having movies directed and disseminated by Marvel convey the feeling that these feature-length films now come off a conveyor-belt; I'm near certain this is somewhat in the valley of truth. This being said, the movies manufactured begin to deliver the same feeling, message, and plot as the likes of their predecessors. While this is seldom true for this buxom sequel (especially in terms of length), it never ceases to show its homogeneity when referred to through the number of explosions, gore, and death that protrudes from the images seen in the film. To continue, these visual spectacles and feats of an age mired by CGI provide nothing nor do anything to bolster the level of storytelling; a pity that what most likely took at least half this movie's budget (in the avenue of $150 million) only went to boring the ensuing congregation that paid to watch. To add to this list of disappointing tropes now seemingly trademarked by Marvel, the characters prove lackadaisical in depth, keeping one from worrying about their well-being or whether or not they will EVER die; if none of the protagonists come anywhere near termination due to their almost MacGyver-level reflexes and skills, why perturb for their existence at all? In short, two hours of explosions, sixteen minutes of actual character development.