All member reviews for Cardcaptors: Test of Courage

A gentle, mystical series

Adult Written byflharrison April 9, 2008

Teen, 17 years old Written byMiharu Yamato April 9, 2008

What is this?

Saddly I watched the original 'Card Captor Sakura' before watching this. This made me cry. To make it more likeable, Nelvana set aside the original first seven episodes so that Li Syaoran, or Lee Showron in the English dub, would be featured. Boy and girl stars, right? No problems there, right? Wrong. Seven episodes of character development for Sakura were never shown. Too many things were edited for no apparent reason. Names were changes , including Tomoeda to Reedington, the town where the anime took place. Most changes were unneeded in my eyes. I watched CCS when I was eight. This just makes me want to yell. This is not a dub. It's a disgrace.
Kid, 10 years old March 10, 2011

terrible english dub,WONDERFUL ENGLISH SUB!

Cardcaptors is a terrible english dub of Card Captor Sakura.why? 1)all the voices sound like mature adults(especially Kero) and removed the cuteness 2)they cut out major plot scences that were important to this 70-episode series. 3)like most american-edited anime, it is also used for money now,Card Captor Sakura was one of my favorites(next to Sailor Moon,Detective Conan,Full Metal Alchemist,ex.)but the english dub is a total disgrace.but i would TOTALLY recomend the english sub.
Teen, 13 years old Written byxxlottalovexx June 11, 2011

EPIC ANIME!

I loved this series it's a classic! I love every single one of CLAMP's works though :)
Kid, 12 years old September 22, 2009

Perfect For All Ages, Except People Who Know The Actual Plot

Cardcaptors is perfectly appropriate, except they removed everything that made the series enjoyable. They left out many episodes and changed a lot of the sequence. Basically, they change CLAMP's series and the values presented in it. CLAMP essentially is a group with total disregard for sexuality (Bisexual/Pansexual). They removed the love relationship of Tory Avalon (Toya Kinimoto) and Julian (Yukito Tsukishiro), and they removed Madison's (Tomoyo Dadouji) unrequited love for Sakura (Sakura Kinimoto). I watched the first episode and found it ridiculous drabble. They skipped a lot of Sakura's character development. Little kids will see past it, but older people who actually appreciate the manga and original dubb of the anime will not.