All member reviews for Carrie (2013)

Bloody horror remake focuses heavily on bullying, revenge.

Teen, 13 years old Written byReaganJones February 9, 2016

Great Movie Focuses on the Mental Effect of Bullying

whether your kids should watch it or not--it depends on the child. I first watched it on Netflix when I was 12, and it didn't bother me personally. the only potentionally "scary" thing in the movie was the gore, but there are also some scenes that are creepy. If your child is comfortable around gore and a little bit of creepiness, this movie would most-likely be ok for them to watch. The movie shows how much of a effect bullying is on kids mentally, and its honestly a classic. There is a lot of sexual content and language in this movie too, so make sure your child understands that this is wrong.
Teen, 14 years old Written bydrew_human January 3, 2016

Not for kids.

I watched it today, and I really like it. But, I think that is much gore to kids watch. Have a brief sex scenes but nothing explicit. My opinion.
Teen, 14 years old Written bygabemtz14 December 11, 2015
not for kids
Adult Written byzeekattacklee August 23, 2015

Carrie review..

Although I did sort of see the older version of Carrie, I did not see any nudity this time . Other than that, I would say this is a pretty dark film for the younger kids.. On that note, I did notice during a lot of the moments It did get intense during a lot of the content. Besides the content getting intense, If the film would of been toned down a bit and gotten rid of a few F words I would not of minded this Being a borderline PG-13.. Otherwise, I would say it should be fine for ages 14 and up..
Written byAnonymous December 26, 2014

Bloody scary remake focus on cyber-bullying and behavior

My rating:R for bloody violence,cyber bullying,language,teen partying,sexuality/nudity and drug use
Teen, 15 years old Written byrave day November 3, 2014

Carrie

Sex 5.5/10 Violence 6/10 Language 3/10
Teen, 17 years old Written byMichael Sladek October 19, 2014

A violent remake of the bloody original brings some bloody deaths, sex, and language.

I think kids 14 and older should see this because it gives a message on bullying and the consequences, but in a violent way. The sex is brief and the language is little.
Kid, 12 years old October 7, 2014

Amazing adaption.

Carrie is a re-imagining tale based on Stephen King's novel of the same name Carrie. Even though it is bloody. It is not that much more violent then the first adaption of Carrie by Brian De Palma. As it has been modernized, it does go farer posting a video on two screens at the prom after Carrie being dumped in blood. Has some sexual scenes involving Sue having sex with Tommy and finding out she is pregnant later in the movie. The alternative ending follows Sue in Labour and it does get bloody. Although the film does have a positive message in my opinion.
Kid, 12 years old September 1, 2014

Awesome Adaption!

Teen, 13 years old Written byAislinn-movie-critic June 2, 2014

Lots of blood Mabel

Teen, 13 years old Written byTheMovieGuru April 18, 2014

Good remake

i think this is a fairly decent remake of the 1976 classic, its violent and gory, but otherwise pretty good.
Kid, 12 years old April 18, 2014

Carrie

This is a really good film which focuses on bullying. It is not scary at all but the prom scene might distress people age 10 and under
Kid, 11 years old April 6, 2014

Loved it espacally when she freaked at prom

great movie I watched it and im only 11 it was great it was awesome when she freaked out at prom though there was a little sex but it was only like 6 seconds and you can just fast forward there's no nudity but there is a couple glimpse in the shower seen violence is awesome ppl die cruel ways not all of them deserved it but most of them did I cried at the ending though and im a boy f*** is said a couple times but what do u think its a r movie and a couple others
Teen, 14 years old Written byLynn14 April 3, 2014

good movie

This was way better then the original carrie!
Teen, 15 years old Written byone direction March 22, 2014

Wasen't too bad

I think Chloe Moretz was perfect for this role but i didn't really like this movie. It was too violent at the end. I thinks this movie will be okay for 15 and up because there is violence,language and one sex scene/
Adult Written byjoshua martinez March 18, 2014

15 and up.

based on the best-selling horror book novel in the year 1974 carrie the remake is a great horror movie that stars with Chloe Grace Moretz and Julianne Moore with this being said the movie is fine for your older teens but parents you need to know that carrie the remake has intense violence some strong language used one sex scene and some social drinking used.
Teen, 13 years old Written byFaz February 18, 2014

Carrie (2013)

I watched Carrie last night and I read reviews and I was scared but I didn't find it very scary! Carrie 1976 is horror, Carrie 2013 is tragedy. This version focuses on the bullying angle, children may be scared by Margaret (Carrie's Mother) and the prom scene. The prom scene isn't too scary, but definately not for people that are under 12/13. But on average I found Carrie a great film.
Kid, 10 years old January 20, 2014

more inapropriate

i think it is more inapropriate then scary. some scenes are really gross. Worry more about sex and nudity then the scaryness
Teen, 14 years old Written byThe Cheap Seats January 18, 2014

You Will Know Her Name

The new Carrie remake is skimpy on intensity and new ideas but in modern times when bullying is a huge issue, it is somewhat relevant. The film also features stellar performances from many young actors. There is brief, non-graphic sex, some language and at the prom scene, more gore than the original. It's a mild R rating. B-.
Teen, 14 years old Written byMohni99 January 12, 2014

Worst Movie Ever

Hate this movie!! It's one of the worst horror movies I've ever seen!!!!