All member reviews for Carrie (2013)

Bloody horror remake focuses heavily on bullying, revenge.

Teen, 13 years old Written byAislinn-movie-critic June 2, 2014

Lots of blood Mabel

Teen, 13 years old Written bymovieloverrr13 May 13, 2014

A lot scarier than the 1976 Carrie.

This is a lot more bloody and violent than Carrie (1976).There is some bad language here and there, but it's tame for a rated-R movie. And there was only one sex part, and that's when two teenagers are having sex in the back of a truck, but you don't see anything graphic. It gets pretty intense and violent after the part where they dump the blood on Carrie at her senior prom. They focus more on the bullying in this remake. I think this would be okay for anyone 12 and up, possibly 11, but if your child doesn't handle blood very well, you might not want to let them watch this movie. All in all, I thought this was very good, and I read the book, too, and this one goes a lot more by the book than the 1976 Carrie.
Teen, 13 years old Written byTheMovieGuru April 18, 2014

Good remake

i think this is a fairly decent remake of the 1976 classic, its violent and gory, but otherwise pretty good.
Kid, 12 years old April 18, 2014

Carrie

This is a really good film which focuses on bullying. It is not scary at all but the prom scene might distress people age 10 and under
Kid, 11 years old April 6, 2014

Loved it espacally when she freaked at prom

great movie I watched it and im only 11 it was great it was awesome when she freaked out at prom though there was a little sex but it was only like 6 seconds and you can just fast forward there's no nudity but there is a couple glimpse in the shower seen violence is awesome ppl die cruel ways not all of them deserved it but most of them did I cried at the ending though and im a boy f*** is said a couple times but what do u think its a r movie and a couple others
Teen, 14 years old Written byLynn14 April 3, 2014

good movie

This was way better then the original carrie!
Teen, 15 years old Written byone direction March 22, 2014

Wasen't too bad

I think Chloe Moretz was perfect for this role but i didn't really like this movie. It was too violent at the end. I thinks this movie will be okay for 15 and up because there is violence,language and one sex scene/
Adult Written byjoshua martinez March 18, 2014

15 and up.

based on the best-selling horror book novel in the year 1974 carrie the remake is a great horror movie that stars with Chloe Grace Moretz and Julianne Moore with this being said the movie is fine for your older teens but parents you need to know that carrie the remake has intense violence some strong language used one sex scene and some social drinking used.
Teen, 13 years old Written byFaz February 18, 2014

Carrie (2013)

I watched Carrie last night and I read reviews and I was scared but I didn't find it very scary! Carrie 1976 is horror, Carrie 2013 is tragedy. This version focuses on the bullying angle, children may be scared by Margaret (Carrie's Mother) and the prom scene. The prom scene isn't too scary, but definately not for people that are under 12/13. But on average I found Carrie a great film.
Adult Written bywonder dove February 2, 2014

Watchable...

2013's Carrie was not the greatest so I was a bit disappointed in it, however it's watchable. I think Chloe for the part as Carrie was a bad choice because she was too pretty, and it made the story seem a lot less realistic. The acting was really soft for an R-rated horror movie, felt like a PG-13, it really surprised me how bad the performances were, it didn't have enough edge and the creepiness was held to a minimum. However Julianne Moore, Carrie's mother, her performance was excellent. The original Carrie was far better, a lot creepier and way more convincing. The 2nd remake (2002) with Angela Bettis was also well done so if you haven't seen those, check them out. Carrie is a very good example of teen bullying that is happening everywhere on a daily basis, when you push someone too far you never know what they're capable of, in Carrie's case it was something beyond her control but she learned to accept it because it seemed to protect her. The story is interesting enough to entertain teens but may be a big disappointment to those who are expecting more. The language is strong, we hear the f-word several times by teens, sh*t, what the hell, lots of name calling words like sl*t, freak, pig, d*ck. Violence has strong bullying, Carrie gets bullied bad during a shower scene when she gets her first period, Carrie's mother almost kills her as a newborn with a large knife. At one point the goriest scene includes a bucket of pig's blood falling on Carrie's head at prom as a prank, a pig gets slaughtered that is rather disturbing, a bucket falls on a boys head and he loses consciousness, Carrie uses her telekinetic powers to hurt others, we see people smashing into walls and windows, prom decor falling and burning to the ground, lots of screaming and running, teens get trampled on, a girl gets hit several times by a swerving electrical cables, people are electrocuted and burned, a car gets chased and the people in it are terrorized and eventually killed, many other violent scenes throughout. Sexual content has a sexual vibe throughout because some of the girls act slutty, we see a teen couple having sex in a car (no nudity) the girl seems uninterested and the scene is no longer than 10 seconds, teen couples kiss, girls shower and we see them in towels, Carrie's religious mother claims she was raped and liked it - she calls Carrie's breasts "dirty pillows". References to teen pregnancy. There is teen drinking. Okay for older viewers around 15 and up.
Kid, 10 years old January 20, 2014

more inapropriate

i think it is more inapropriate then scary. some scenes are really gross. Worry more about sex and nudity then the scaryness
Teen, 14 years old Written byThe Cheap Seats January 18, 2014

You Will Know Her Name

The new Carrie remake is skimpy on intensity and new ideas but in modern times when bullying is a huge issue, it is somewhat relevant. The film also features stellar performances from many young actors. There is brief, non-graphic sex, some language and at the prom scene, more gore than the original. It's a mild R rating. B-.
Teen, 14 years old Written byMohni99 January 12, 2014

Worst Movie Ever

Hate this movie!! It's one of the worst horror movies I've ever seen!!!!
Teen, 13 years old Written byHorrorlover1213 January 4, 2014

Carrie is not so scary

I honestly think it is so much better than the first. It is A LOT less graphic with nudity. There is basically no nudity at all. The language is a concern, but it depends if you think that's appropriate for your kid or not. There a few F-bombs in there and a lot of "s**t" and "d***n". It violence is also a concern. It has explosions and fires but what movie in the past 5 years hasn't? There is the most famous scene of all where Carrie gets pig blood poured on her and it sadly does make sounds and shows a tiny bit of the pig being slaughtered "nothing too graphic just a little blood." There is also the part at the end of the prom where she brings hell to everyone which is really violent. Sex i would consider a small issue. It does have one scene but there's no nudity but it is audible and there are about 3 "sexual movements." The overall scariness on a scale of 1-10 would be a 3. It does give you chills but it doesn't really make you jump until the very end. It's very entertaining but mostly sad.
Teen, 14 years old Written byJay anthonY December 23, 2013

Carrie (2013)

This Film is Rated: R-13 in our Country, I Think Teens 13+ Could take the Brief Sexuality, Language but the Violence is pretty Strong.
Kid, 10 years old December 18, 2013

Carrie Returns For The 4th Time?!

Like the other Brian De Palma Carrie (which i have posted a review), this film is exactly the same apart from the Pig's Blood. The destruction was better, overall an amazing movie.
Teen, 15 years old Written byforestxx December 10, 2013

Amazing movie! Watch it! (SPOILERS!!!)

Well, the first time I saw this movies, I was amazed. I love it and it has become one of my favorites. But, there were some scenes that even I was disturbed with. Like there is a scene in the film where a couple is doing it (to put it more nicely) in a car. You can see bare backs and hear moans but it only lasts a few seconds. The next thing is, when Carrie goes to the prom, some kids play a prank on her and drop a bucket of pig blood on her head. She then begins to get revenge by killing everyone in the building. There are explosions, stepped on bodies, blood everywhere! But it was a very good movie! Watch it! But make sure your little siblings aren't in the room...
Teen, 17 years old Written byletztalkmoveez November 17, 2013

:O

See, it's "Carrie" with explosions and iPhones, but Carrie White doesn't have an iPhone, and her mom is spooky and she's spooked, and then her classmates get spooked! It's all very zany.
Parent Written byJSchnier November 9, 2013

PG -13 For Bloody Violence, Disturbing Images, Language, and Sexual Content

Violence - 7/10 Sex - 6/10 Language - 5/10 Alcohol/Drugs - 1/10
Teen, 14 years old Written by5saltydog November 3, 2013

Pretty good remake

Having seen the original film and read the novel (which are both excellent and if you haven't already seen/read then I recommend!!!) i'd say this was a solid adaptation. The director took both aspects from the novel and the original film and combined them both in within this movie, even some exact dialogue in the novel was taken out put in the film, so you can honestly say that for some parts they really stuck to the book. Good acting and good effects for the most part. I defiantly left the theater feeling satisfied.