All member reviews for Carriers

Parent of a 2, 3, and 11 year old Written byamy59602 April 8, 2010

Teen, 15 years old Written byTheSuperman765 April 16, 2011

check out my page for more great recomendations

The good stuff * Role models: The script has very few characters who are all heroic or entirely villainous; in fact, borderline-hoodlum Brian and unassertive Daniel might be considered closer to the bad-guy spectrum, all in all. The noblest character is a middle-aged dad protecting his contaminated daughter to the end (and he exits the storyline midway through). Brian, ironically, is the only one showing any respect for religion; he seems to think God has protected him personally. Two doomed characters who are conspicuously Christian are shown heartlessly manipulated over their faith. What to watch out for * Messages: Premise evokes an environment in which acts of compassion and mercy usually end in infection and death. Much is made of brotherly loyalty and sibling love (real-life brothers created this movie). But none of it proves strong enough to overcome the selfish, life-or-death choices here forced by a deadly virus. * Violence: Fatal and non-fatal shootings draw blood, including the death of a dog. Gruesome corpses, as characters infected with the disease bleed and die, and one is shown after being burned on a pyre. * Sex: Suggestive talk ("eat me") between boyfriend and girlfriend. They start to strip for sex but get interrupted. A band of male survivors threaten to take the leading ladies, for their own unstated (but easy to guess) purposes, make them strip to their underwear for inspection. * Language: Use of the s-word in varied permutations, "a-s," "piss," "S.O.B." A written racial slur. One utterance of the F-word. * Consumerism: Car models, Jack Daniels whiskey on display. Mention of SpongeBob Squarepants. * Drinking, drugs, & smoking: Mention of "weed" (chiefly its absence). Drinking of beer and liquor until drunkenness sets in.
Kid, 11 years old September 22, 2010

am i the only one who likes this movie

i liked this movie as im one to like this kind of movie they do cuss alot but that dose not mean its a bad movie i would give it a 4 out of 5 and i would rent it before you buy it to see if you like it
Teen, 13 years old Written byerik252 April 26, 2010

this is terrible very scary do not let kids watch to much language and intense violence i am 12 and it frightened me
Adult Written bywonder dove September 11, 2012

A good watch!

Carriers is a very decent science fiction film. Didn't know what to expect but I found myself glued to my chair the entire time. It's suspenseful, not scary. Violence and language aren't too bad. Some kissing. Decent amount of action throughout. Definitely give it a try!