All member reviews for Carriers

Teen, 15 years old Written byTheSuperman765 April 16, 2011

check out my page for more great recomendations

The good stuff * Role models: The script has very few characters who are all heroic or entirely villainous; in fact, borderline-hoodlum Brian and unassertive Daniel might be considered closer to the bad-guy spectrum, all in all. The noblest character is a middle-aged dad protecting his contaminated daughter to the end (and he exits the storyline midway through). Brian, ironically, is the only one showing any respect for religion; he seems to think God has protected him personally. Two doomed characters who are conspicuously Christian are shown heartlessly manipulated over their faith. What to watch out for * Messages: Premise evokes an environment in which acts of compassion and mercy usually end in infection and death. Much is made of brotherly loyalty and sibling love (real-life brothers created this movie). But none of it proves strong enough to overcome the selfish, life-or-death choices here forced by a deadly virus. * Violence: Fatal and non-fatal shootings draw blood, including the death of a dog. Gruesome corpses, as characters infected with the disease bleed and die, and one is shown after being burned on a pyre. * Sex: Suggestive talk ("eat me") between boyfriend and girlfriend. They start to strip for sex but get interrupted. A band of male survivors threaten to take the leading ladies, for their own unstated (but easy to guess) purposes, make them strip to their underwear for inspection. * Language: Use of the s-word in varied permutations, "a-s," "piss," "S.O.B." A written racial slur. One utterance of the F-word. * Consumerism: Car models, Jack Daniels whiskey on display. Mention of SpongeBob Squarepants. * Drinking, drugs, & smoking: Mention of "weed" (chiefly its absence). Drinking of beer and liquor until drunkenness sets in.
Adult Written bywonder dove September 11, 2012

A good watch!

Carriers is a very decent science fiction film. Didn't know what to expect but I found myself glued to my chair the entire time. It's suspenseful, not scary. Violence and language aren't too bad. Some kissing. Decent amount of action throughout. Definitely give it a try!
Teen, 13 years old Written byerik252 April 26, 2010

this is terrible very scary do not let kids watch to much language and intense violence i am 12 and it frightened me
Parent of a 2, 3, and 11 year old Written byamy59602 April 8, 2010