All member reviews for Cars 2

Teen, 13 years old Written byLu Bu November 21, 2012

Parents please give this movie a chance to breathe.

I can't take it anymore, this is the first very fun to watch movie for all ages. Don't you people like excitement, than this movie gives it to you. every other disney movie is boring where either all the characters just walk around and have a good time, and those crappy disney movies full of blah blah blah singing, FINALLY some fun action and james bond style for disney, please let your kid have some fun darn it!
Teen, 13 years old Written bycplovesbroadway November 27, 2011

Cars 2 has matured with its audience, but remains fun and appropriate!

A lot of parents are being mean to this movie. Why? Because they expect it to be as cute and all age appropriate as the first. But guess what. It's been FIVE YEARS since Cars came out. FIVE!!!!!! That means the 2 year olds who watched the first installment are 7, the 5 year olds 10, the 7 year olds 12, the 10 year olds FIFTEEN! So Pixar aimed this movie at its now 5 years older audience. However, even with upped violence, there are still positive messages & role models, low sexual content (that kids will notice, anyway), fairly low profanity, and no drinking. Yes, there are lots of toys and apps, etc, but what flick these days DOESN'T come with that? My four year old cousin and seven and nine year old little brothers love it!!! So don't give up on it if your kid was 2+ when they saw Cars in 2006.
Kid, 11 years old August 14, 2011

First of All, Cars should NOT have had a sequel.

My title says it all. Cars was one of the best Pixar movies ever made, and the sequel more then destroyed it. And for the whole "spies" theme is fairly desperate, I mean, what is this, Spy Kids 20 billion? I don't think that it was TOO terribly violent, but it was more violent then needed. My dad and I were talking about it after walking to the car, (in a VERY disappointed matter by the way,) this was his quote. "You know, it wasn't too bad for preteens or adults that have seen the first Cars, but the plot is SO BLURRY! There is no straight forward plot that anyone can even really forward. And for a five year old, all they're going to think is 'Wow! They're shooting guns! And look, and explosion! Whoa, this is so cool! Explosions!' They won't even know what's going on!" So over all, this is a terrible movie, which could have been saved for an "The Incredibles 2" Right? Just don't see the movie. Just don't do it, man.
Teen, 15 years old Written bysky65z July 11, 2011

pixars best

This is the best pixar movie ever. The only bad thing is there is violence but it's not extreme. Two cars do die but it doesn't show them killing them.
Teen, 13 years old Written byManami July 9, 2011

It's been awhile, Cars.

One of the more violent kid movies out nowadays, but if you are overprotective about it; think. Have you taken your kids to see a James Bond movie (an older one)? Maybe enjoyed a John Wayne classic, or some other Western? ANYTHING at all with guns or explosives? Then they should be fine. A lot of foul play is being called over nothing more than a bit of carried-away cartoon violence. That being said, keep your kids away if you know they are not ones for violent cartoons. It's been 5 years since the last one - and it plays like it.
Teen, 13 years old Written byjardine_sardine July 1, 2011

Could've been a cartoon Live and Let Die if I didnt know what I was watching.

Good one Disney. One problem though, they forgot they weren't doing Terminator. Dark themes, death and threatening doesnt belong in any family movie, especially not Cars. For shame, Disney, for shame. And definitely shouldn't be rated G.
Kid, 11 years old June 25, 2011

Great Movie, But aimed at older kids

A great film, but parents be cautioned. This is darker than the original cars. First off, Mater gets mistaken as a spy which leads to a plot, which has a lot of explosions. At least 5 cars die in this film. The opening scene reveals that CROMES comisioner is crushed into a cube, along in the same scene more cars die in explosions, and in another scene a car is forced to be killed and got shot by a gun. If thats not all, some of the Japanese words translated into the F and H word. Also, Cars are often drinking wine, beer, and other drugs, and mater steals a bunch of drugs at the Tokyo Party. Some Car models are said, and Mater says "Like a good neighbor Mater is there!", parodying the State Farm jingle. However, the characters are good role models and there are good sayings. This is a film suited more twords tweens and teens who saw the original 5 years ago. This film is a really high PG, but it still doesnt have the elements to be PG-13. Good for 11+
Teen, 14 years old Written byadamr2894 June 25, 2011

Parents' Information: PLEASE READ!!!

I went to go see Cars 2 with my friend and his mom yesterday, and I was pretty excited. I thought the movie would be as good as the first one. But I was wrong. I was surprised about how Disney put violence into Cars, the movie that used to be enjoyable for adults and little kids. And I'm not talking about bumping into other cars or wrestling or anything like that. I'm talking about a car being tortured then blown up, Mater with Gatling guns blazing, Mater getting a bomb strapped to his hood, and cars being crushed to death between two elevators! The scenes are pretty graphic for a G movie. Also, there is quite a bit of drinking for a G movie. Cars are seen celebrating something by popping open beer bottles-- not oil bottles like they did in the first movie, but actual BEER bottles! I actually thought the movie was okay, but that's cuz I'm 13. If you take your 7 year old or whatever to see this, don't expect them to get anything out of it. This movie should be rated PG for Some Action Violence, Mild Drinking, and Some Sequences of Peril. Thanks for reading this review, and I hope it helps.
Kid, 5 years old June 24, 2011

Mater with machine guns?

dang...Cars2 was such a disappointment. My 6 year old has been counting down the days for months! It was filled with murder and machine guns, it's like the people who created it didn't see the first one. bummer!
Teen, 13 years old Written bywinnercoolman87 May 13, 2015

Not a good film.

REALLY PIXAR REALLY? You give us toy story 3 and then THIS? Come on. Even ice age 3 was better than this. But THIS IS PIXAR
Teen, 13 years old Written bywinnercoolman87 May 13, 2015

Not a good film.

Teen, 14 years old Written byTheLoneReviewer May 3, 2015

Sequel Cranks up Intensity as well with Violence.

I saw the trailer a couple years ago for this movie. My dad was really looking forward to this. The reason why he was excited for this is because the movie upped the audience to where as an adult could enjoy it a lot. I saw it a couple of times. It was formula fun with a lot of laughs, but it didn't have a good lesson, McQueen wasn't the starring person, and the two most important things that PIXAR wasted was a nice story and just plain old charm. Cars 2 wasn't an educational movie, but people can learn some things about each country Lightning and Mater go to. Surprising enough, I didn't see a positive message (they encourage allinol, but it didn't have a message that was good for school) and a positive role model in this movie which was probably why the parent's average was a two along with violence which was the next issue. It has loads of guns, explosions, cars getting killed, and more which I thought wasn't the best choice for kids to watch. There was a date with McQueen and Sally at the beginning of the movie, Mater flirting with Holley, and two cars kissing in France. Honestly, that's the most it can go with sexy stuff. The next important thing about this movie was the strong language it had. There was no swearing, but there were some insults, some cars cheering after someone got hurt, and words about violence. While I don't count consumerism as an issue, it comes from the Cars franchise which has toys, backpacks, video games, and more out of it. But in some dinner party scenes, many cars drink cocktails which isn't a bad thing, but it's not really true that cars can get drunk. Now, let's focus on the good stuff. The key highlight to this movie is the incredible 3D animation that PIXAR put on. It is flawless. The textures are shining, the transitions is smooth, and the intense lighting that make the action scenes come to life are fantastic. Another thing about the movie is that there is something for everyone for racing fans to action movie lovers and even to comedy movie lovers. One more very important thing about it is that the movie itself is comedic with the main drawings to Mater the Tow Truck. He is annoying but silly and fun at the same time. Don't forget the London scene where it becomes the most thrilling. But there some major drawbacks to this movie. First of all, WHY IS THIS MOVIE RATED G!?!?! It should have been PG for Pete's sake for loads of violence. Second of all, I didn't see McQueen take the leading role in this movie. It felt like an extended extended extended extended and extended and a half episode of Mater's Tall Tales. The last thing about this is that they lost the heart of many Pixar films and that the story just goes too fast for me. Despite those drawbacks, Cars 2 is not a bad film, but it's slightly weaker. Still it's a fun globe trotting adventure full of thrills and laughs throughout. But, like I said, the complaints I talked about rank at the bottom of the list of all the PIXAR movies and this is why I give it three stars plus a no single digit admittance. I've experienced many places throughout the world of Cars, but east or west, home (Radiator Springs that is) is the best.
Teen, 13 years old Written bypicardisbetter April 18, 2015

Please tell me this was NOT Pixar

Considering that Pixar is one of the best if not the best animation studios of the 21st century, this movie is just sad. To put salt further in the wound, it made enough to make a Cars 3. (Please help me god)
Teen, 14 years old Written byJimmy brew March 12, 2015

So-so Pixar flick has a weaker script then usual

My rating:PG for mild action and thematic elements
Kid, 12 years old March 12, 2015

Beautifully made movie is violent

Cars 2 is much more violent then the first.Cars chase each other and the bad guys might scare young kids.On the positive side there are positive messages and role models in this movie.
Kid, 12 years old January 5, 2015

I Say That Nobody Should Be Watching This

Cars 2 shouldn't be watched by any young kids. All the guns and missiles and cars dying, I just can't give this movie a rating for young kids. I should start a petition to rate this PG! Also, tons of consumerism.
Kid, 11 years old October 18, 2014

I hate this movie

Horrible movie. It is so bad
Teen, 13 years old Written byABCand123 September 29, 2014

cool

cool
Teen, 15 years old Written byTheton1789 September 1, 2014

Pixar's First Disappointment

Pixar's sequel to the family friendly movie Cars takes a different approach for its more violent sequel Cars 2. Parents need to know that Cars 2 is a kid friendly action espionage film that acts more as a spin off than a true to sequel to the original. Cars 2 features action violence that can sometimes be intense including car chases, shootouts, a torture scene, a death trap escape scene, characters in almost constant peril, and a couple characters good and bad being killed (including one in the beginning of the movie). Characters use all sorts of weaponry including realistic guns, missiles, bombs, torches, and mines to attempt to kill each other during fast paced action scenes. One notable intense scene is one where a minor character is tortured for information and eventually killed off camera at the end of the scene. Insults are minor including stupid, moron, idiot, and other small insults. Characters drink martinis in a night club. Overall, I think this movie is okay for 6+ but I believe this movie deserved a higher rating of PG like Pixar's other action film The Incredibles (Which by the way is much better movie).
Teen, 17 years old Written by1raptor August 23, 2014

WHY!!!!!WHY???????

This movie essentially ruins the first by making it a violent and relatively offensive/stereotypical movie. It is more violent than any kids movie I remember. Cars blow up, get smashed, tased, threatened with flamethrowers, guns, a boat blows up, bombs go off everywhere, the villian is crazy and DOESN'T WANT TO TAKE OVER THE WORLD,BUT MURDER CARS! This adventure made me feel like I wanted to leave the theater(and I did, only to see it with my brother on tv a year later)