All member reviews for Cars 2

Cars sequel revs up action and mixes in spy thrills.

Kid, 4 years old November 8, 2011

too much violence and torture

My hubby and I were a little surprised at the gun violence in this movie. The scenes of torture and near death were scary for our son. We went to see this in 3D, and after paying over $40 for our family to see this movie, our son asked to leave because he was scared. For having a "G" rating, it was awfully violent!!
Kid, 12 years old November 8, 2011

YAY

YAYA BEST MOVIE! GREAT FOR KIDS!
Parent of a 3 and 3 year old Written bycherinoto November 7, 2011

Regret that we took our kids to see this film

My family was stunned that this film was rated G. There is talk of killing, lots of guns, and the charm of Radiator Springs is missing from the film.
Kid, 10 years old November 7, 2011

An ok movie but WAY better than the first one!

It was kinda boring, Kinda slow. But I'm glad it focus's on Mator or mater. It keeps your eyes on the screen wondering what's going to happen next. The boys love it or will love it if they never saw it... YET :D
Parent of a 3 and 9 year old Written byMs Shelly November 7, 2011

NOT FOR YOUNG CHILDREN. UNFORTUNATE.

Is it okay to present children with violence as a form of entertainment, clearly intended for them -- in a format they may be watching over and over again? Why? Films for children hold an opportunity to influence and improve the experience of child's developing brain. Films can also contribute to a dark, cliche, low common denominator.
Parent Written byDasGinatron November 6, 2011

Cars 2 is appropriate for all ages-- and fun to boot!

This is a great family movie. As a parent, do some of the Cars 2 characters irritate me? Sure! However, this is not about me, it is about this movie being appropriate for kids-- and it most certainly is. Pair this with the original Cars, and you could have a Cars themed family movie night that is fun for any age!
Parent of a 3, 5, 11, 14, 15, and 18 year old Written bymom27qtpies November 1, 2011

Horribly disappointing

I was very disappointed with the gun usage and the slow pace of the movie....I'm not sure what age group disney was aiming for with this movie but 6 and under won't (or shouldn't) get most of the jokes or story plot, and over 6 probably won't find it exciting enough to watch through to the end. The violence is ridiculous in this movie.
Kid, 11 years old September 21, 2011

Craps 2

this movie feels bland and boring because the movies plot is more about killing,spies and destruction rather that fast pace racing.It is a huge disappointment.The movie is loaded with so much tons of violence and death that its not for the little ones,also the little ones may be scared about the guns,violence, and death .The movie is also in a way an nearly 2 hour advertisement to persuade kids to buy the toys.Overall,i think the movie is the worst movie pixar has ever made.
Parent of a 5 year old Written byhgreenuk September 17, 2011

Too Violent

I was so disappointed by the gratuitous violence. Kids' movies don't need a torture scene! I loved the spoof on the spy genre and the "World Grand Prix" idea. I think the reason this movie has not been as dearly loved as the first, is because of the violence. Took my 4 year-old. Wish I hadn't.
Teen, 14 years old Written byThePlaidBackpack September 15, 2011

Definitely not G.

This movie was scarier than I expected, and this is coming from the girl who watched True Grit with no problem. All right, I went to the movie without taking a glance at the rating (C'mon, it's CARS, people. How bad can it be?...) Excuse me, but, from watching this movie, I thought it was mid-range PG due to the violence. Wait, it's rated G?! If the "general audience" that it stands for is comprised of mostly four and five year old fans of the first movie, be ready for some possible bad dreams. Oh well, on to the content... VIOLENCE: This the main issue here. The opening scene had more violence than I expected for the whole movie. Since this movie revolves around spies, expect many gadgets, weapons and combat to ensue. The main scene that bugged me was the torture scene. Knowing kids movies, I expected the car to get out to safety somehow and that be that. NO. During a very suspenseful scene where the car is being tortured, they kill him. Just like that. Kaput. The second scene that bugged me was in the beginning montage/fight scene, where one car gets brutally compacted under a heavy object. No, I don't he survived either. There are plenty of other scenes where the violence is most definitely not appropriate for youngsters, but those were the two that stood out to me. There's plenty of suspense to beware of as well. LANGUAGE: Not as much of an issue, but mild insults may be a bit much for a G rated movie. DRINKING: At a fancy party, cars are seen drinking drinks that heavily resemble martinis: The drinks are in martini glasses and even have toothpicks with olive-like things skewered on them. Not so G rated. SEXUAL CONTENT: Not much. McQueen is obviously with Sally, and there's a situation where Mater thinks a rendezvous is a date (and acts as such.). Compared to the violence level, it's not much. OVERALL: I had higher hopes for this movie, but it ended up more like a mediocre Dreamworks movie than a Pixar sequel. The plot itself got a bit tiresome, especially since its focus is on Mater, a character who, despite being a lovable goof in the first movie, becomes a bit annoyingly dumb in this one (Or maybe it's because they made McQueen the Anti-Hero, I'm not sure). The violence and suspense threw me off as well. Though, to be honest, it's what kept me interested, realizing that really, anyone could die in this movie. An OK movie with the wrong age rating.
Teen, 14 years old Written byDaMysteryGuyReturns September 5, 2011

You Hippies!!!!

What are you talking about? This movie is great!
Parent Written byklaw76 September 4, 2011

???

The movies was just ok..but not really what I expected. Did anyone else notice a really inappropriate joke or was it just my husbands inappropriate mind when they are bringing Mater thru the alley & telling him it's not time to shop ..he comes up to a girl & says...what are you selling & she says "light...I give good light." My husband thought this was a sexual joke....please tell me he was wrong?!?!
Teen, 13 years old Written byuhya September 1, 2011

ok

well, my little brother loved it, so i'm going to give a good rating. I thought the movie was average. it has more action than cars 1. My MPAA rating:PG
Parent of a 5 and 10 year old Written byMonicaMom August 26, 2011

Not really a "G"-rated movie

There's not much more I can say that hasn't been said already. This movie is extremely different from the first Cars movie, and made for a much older audience. It does not deserve a "G" rating. What a horrible disappointment!
Kid, 11 years old August 23, 2011

Very dissoponiting

There was whey to much shooting for a G rated movie two cars even got killed
Teen, 14 years old Written bybrodytrinceTV August 22, 2011

Don't care what they say, I LOVED IT!!!!!!

Toys 3 was too dark and I didn't really like it, there's more to that story, but this movie is kinda different for pixar , but I loved the mater character and to see that he has his own movie now is pretty cool, I know peeps think the g rating is inaccurate, but no one had sexual relationships, there was no swearing, and the impound wants and the actions of alinol only helped to make the villains more scary I should say, and if the violence gets a little off for you, I always just turn down the volume so it doesn't disturb my cousins, this is not perfect but it was a fun and exciting that I will buy on blu ray
Kid, 9 years old August 22, 2011

Violent but good

People say that cars is for boys,not true. Cars 2 is a great movie for boys and girls.100000 times better than the first movie, spy gadgets, enemy cars every thing in a spy movie but with cars. Good bey the spy next door and spy kids, make room for cars 2!!!!!
Kid, 11 years old August 16, 2011

Great movie!

I saw the movie and it wasn't too scary sure several cars die but they are not shown being killed only tires spreading or crashes but hey it's better than people being the ones dying.The language is very mild.The only thing I found wrong was the G rating it should've been PG cause little kids might get scared of the explosions.
Parent Written byAReviewer August 16, 2011

Disney destroyed a great story with violence and lots of GUNS!

What happened? They destroyed a great story. Cars was a wonderful movie with a beautiful message and no violence. Now, Cars 2 is just an attempt to make a Hollywood action film (supposedly for kids). Guns? Really? And then we complain about kids with guns?! Furthermore they make Mater look as ignorant as the rest of the world sees us. I will never buy this movie for my son, who by the way didn't enjoy this film as much as the first one any ways.
Parent Written byjohn in mn August 15, 2011

Not the best movie Disney released...

Cars 2 is not a G movie. Although the kids didn't mind it much. From an adult point of view, they could have done away with the word KILL THEM! why not just say, catch them or get them! ?? Violence, bad intentions, throughout the movie. They should have focused more on Mater and him being felt left out and not special and how he overcame that. But someone thought putting a James Bond type of story line, to rule the world using BioFuels, was not thinking. Too much for a kid to understand... Graphics were great but this is probably one of the worse Disney movies out so far.