Cars sequel revs up action and mixes in spy thrills.

Kid, 8 years old December 20, 2011

its good

it is good but a little too violent
Kid, 12 years old December 15, 2011

Cool it!

First of all, for all these people who are saying, "Oh my, how violent! How disturbing! Horrors!", number one, it's just a movie. Number two, it doesn't show anyone dying,and even so, the two characters which get killed in the beginning are, let's face it, CARS. They are vehicles. It's not like they are human beings who bleed and cry. They are machines, made of metal. Everyone is saying all these bad comments about it, but i personally loved it. It's an exciting, fast-paced movie which keeps me and my siblings on the edge of our seats every time we watch it. I love to see how each person reacts to challenges, and how they get out of tight scrapes. The explosions in the movie are not as horrible as people make them sound, because there are comically exaggerated, unrealistic, not at all scary, and far and few. Sure, it's iffy for children under 8, but I really think anyone who calls this movie way too violent, not for children, or anything like that, needs to cool it. All in all, i really enjoyed the movie, and i hope you don't decide not to watch it because of some overprotective critics.
Parent of a 5, 7, and 9 year old Written bysrt12780 December 6, 2011

Oil industry programming

I didn't like the liberal programming for kids about the oil industry. It was too much, too overwhelming and too overt as you guys point out. The cartoon is just supposed to be good clean fun, but instead it's a movie on a brain washing mission.
Kid, 9 years old November 26, 2011

Cars 2 is amazing but a little violent!

This is the best movie I saw yet!I do think it should be rated PG with all of the stuff that goes on like at the beginning.Finn uses guns and you see bullets flying all around with bombs.Finn falls out of a fire and into the ocean.Later Matergets a bomb on him plus Mater uses guns and shoots them.2 cars got killed but it is not really visible at all.Allinol an oil for cars was supposed to be safe but in London a huge crash of cars went off and killed 3 cars ( not visible at all ).So hilarious but one word might get to some parents with smaller kids:DADGUM.This is an amazing movie it is well worth my $6 I paid to watch it.A little too much violence for very liitle kids but this movie is great.In HD very good anamation like in Paris and London and a little bit of Tokoyo.Oh another thing that really might set parents bonkers is the bathroom scene because Mater is getting cleaned with the hoses and brushes like in real Japan but while that is happening there is a big fight between 3 cars.Later in the movie 2 of those cars hate Allinol so they try to kill it so they have a replica video camera with lasers and try to kill some of the cars so they make it look bad.Afterall it is an amazing well done Pixar anamation movie with violence,laughter,and beautiful anamation.It's well worth buying!I really recommend it!It is definantly for ages 8 and up.
Parent of a 8 year old Written byMadMooseMama November 22, 2011

What was that garbage?

I thought the adult content in the Cars2 movie was too much, most of the time my children didn't even understand what was being said, nor did they get many of the jokes. I was appalled to see all the violence and death, the lying, cheating and sneaky behaviours and felt it lacked depth or warmth. I feel that Pixar sold out and you can certainly tell by the several blantant product shots shown through out the film. Two huge thumbs down!!
Parent Written byLightning9506 November 11, 2011

Worst movie i've seen in a long time.

Very heartbreaking! The first movie was so full of detail and character. The second movie was almost scary. My daughter is the biggest Cars fan ever (given she's only 4), but if it has any member of the Cars family on it she must have it. Took her to see this movie opening weekend and she hated it. Wanted to leave about 30 minutes into it. I wish we would have. The movie got no better at any point and in fact was so disappointing. The original they really worked to make the characters into believable understandable people. If you watch the making of Cars dvd and how the writers got the idea for the story and the characters you'd see they nailed it on the head and it was touching how much effort they put into it. Cars 2 seemed more like a ploy to get money. Gosh Cars 1 did so well, certainly a new Cars will get us even more. I feel it was too 'adult' in nature for kids to get into. I can't say enough how lacking this movie was. I love the original and am still fascinated by the details - Volkswagen beetles for the bugs, scenery looked like car parts, the plane marks in the sky were tire tread, so many little details in the original and the characters that made you want to go see Radiator Springs for yourself to enjoy the 'good old days'. This movie was like any other action movie made today with the exception that it had been animated. Don't waste your time on this movie.
Kid, 4 years old November 8, 2011

too much violence and torture

My hubby and I were a little surprised at the gun violence in this movie. The scenes of torture and near death were scary for our son. We went to see this in 3D, and after paying over $40 for our family to see this movie, our son asked to leave because he was scared. For having a "G" rating, it was awfully violent!!
Kid, 12 years old November 8, 2011

YAY

YAYA BEST MOVIE! GREAT FOR KIDS!
Parent of a 3 and 3 year old Written bycherinoto November 7, 2011

Regret that we took our kids to see this film

My family was stunned that this film was rated G. There is talk of killing, lots of guns, and the charm of Radiator Springs is missing from the film.
Kid, 10 years old November 7, 2011

An ok movie but WAY better than the first one!

It was kinda boring, Kinda slow. But I'm glad it focus's on Mator or mater. It keeps your eyes on the screen wondering what's going to happen next. The boys love it or will love it if they never saw it... YET :D
Parent of a 3 and 9 year old Written byMs Shelly November 7, 2011

NOT FOR YOUNG CHILDREN. UNFORTUNATE.

Is it okay to present children with violence as a form of entertainment, clearly intended for them -- in a format they may be watching over and over again? Why? Films for children hold an opportunity to influence and improve the experience of child's developing brain. Films can also contribute to a dark, cliche, low common denominator.
Parent Written byDasGinatron November 6, 2011

Cars 2 is appropriate for all ages-- and fun to boot!

This is a great family movie. As a parent, do some of the Cars 2 characters irritate me? Sure! However, this is not about me, it is about this movie being appropriate for kids-- and it most certainly is. Pair this with the original Cars, and you could have a Cars themed family movie night that is fun for any age!
Parent of a 3, 5, 11, 14, 15, and 18+ year old Written bymom27qtpies November 1, 2011

Horribly disappointing

I was very disappointed with the gun usage and the slow pace of the movie....I'm not sure what age group disney was aiming for with this movie but 6 and under won't (or shouldn't) get most of the jokes or story plot, and over 6 probably won't find it exciting enough to watch through to the end. The violence is ridiculous in this movie.
Kid, 11 years old September 21, 2011

Craps 2

this movie feels bland and boring because the movies plot is more about killing,spies and destruction rather that fast pace racing.It is a huge disappointment.The movie is loaded with so much tons of violence and death that its not for the little ones,also the little ones may be scared about the guns,violence, and death .The movie is also in a way an nearly 2 hour advertisement to persuade kids to buy the toys.Overall,i think the movie is the worst movie pixar has ever made.
Parent of a 5 year old Written byhgreenuk September 17, 2011

Too Violent

I was so disappointed by the gratuitous violence. Kids' movies don't need a torture scene! I loved the spoof on the spy genre and the "World Grand Prix" idea. I think the reason this movie has not been as dearly loved as the first, is because of the violence. Took my 4 year-old. Wish I hadn't.
Teen, 14 years old Written byThePlaidBackpack September 15, 2011

Definitely not G.

This movie was scarier than I expected, and this is coming from the girl who watched True Grit with no problem. All right, I went to the movie without taking a glance at the rating (C'mon, it's CARS, people. How bad can it be?...) Excuse me, but, from watching this movie, I thought it was mid-range PG due to the violence. Wait, it's rated G?! If the "general audience" that it stands for is comprised of mostly four and five year old fans of the first movie, be ready for some possible bad dreams. Oh well, on to the content... VIOLENCE: This the main issue here. The opening scene had more violence than I expected for the whole movie. Since this movie revolves around spies, expect many gadgets, weapons and combat to ensue. The main scene that bugged me was the torture scene. Knowing kids movies, I expected the car to get out to safety somehow and that be that. NO. During a very suspenseful scene where the car is being tortured, they kill him. Just like that. Kaput. The second scene that bugged me was in the beginning montage/fight scene, where one car gets brutally compacted under a heavy object. No, I don't he survived either. There are plenty of other scenes where the violence is most definitely not appropriate for youngsters, but those were the two that stood out to me. There's plenty of suspense to beware of as well. LANGUAGE: Not as much of an issue, but mild insults may be a bit much for a G rated movie. DRINKING: At a fancy party, cars are seen drinking drinks that heavily resemble martinis: The drinks are in martini glasses and even have toothpicks with olive-like things skewered on them. Not so G rated. SEXUAL CONTENT: Not much. McQueen is obviously with Sally, and there's a situation where Mater thinks a rendezvous is a date (and acts as such.). Compared to the violence level, it's not much. OVERALL: I had higher hopes for this movie, but it ended up more like a mediocre Dreamworks movie than a Pixar sequel. The plot itself got a bit tiresome, especially since its focus is on Mater, a character who, despite being a lovable goof in the first movie, becomes a bit annoyingly dumb in this one (Or maybe it's because they made McQueen the Anti-Hero, I'm not sure). The violence and suspense threw me off as well. Though, to be honest, it's what kept me interested, realizing that really, anyone could die in this movie. An OK movie with the wrong age rating.
Teen, 14 years old Written byDaMysteryGuyReturns September 5, 2011

You Hippies!!!!

What are you talking about? This movie is great!
Parent Written byklaw76 September 4, 2011

???

The movies was just ok..but not really what I expected. Did anyone else notice a really inappropriate joke or was it just my husbands inappropriate mind when they are bringing Mater thru the alley & telling him it's not time to shop ..he comes up to a girl & says...what are you selling & she says "light...I give good light." My husband thought this was a sexual joke....please tell me he was wrong?!?!
Teen, 13 years old Written byuhya September 1, 2011

ok

well, my little brother loved it, so i'm going to give a good rating. I thought the movie was average. it has more action than cars 1. My MPAA rating:PG
Parent Written byMonicaMom August 26, 2011

Not really a "G"-rated movie

There's not much more I can say that hasn't been said already. This movie is extremely different from the first Cars movie, and made for a much older audience. It does not deserve a "G" rating. What a horrible disappointment!